Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU on US servers yet?

Forgive me if this is often asked, but has this issue been addressed since release?

I played the trial on an US server with a friend and I'd like to know if I can subscribe from the UK myself or whether I'll have to wire my friend in the US the cash to do so on my behalf.

Thank you for your replies,

Voci

Comments

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Im pretty sure they allow EU players to play on US servers.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• VociferorVociferor Member Posts: 98

Cheers Fikus.

It's just that I noticed the Digital Download is available only in NA and Aus/NZ and I am slightly  concerned that if I buy a box here in the UK that it may only be valid for registration upon EU servers.

That said, does anyone know if I can register a box bought in the EU on a NA server or whether I'll need to get my hands upon a box from NA?

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    Originally posted by Vociferor

Cheers Fikus.
    It's just that I noticed the Digital Download is available only in NA and Aus/NZ and I am slightly  concerned that if I buy a box here in the UK that it may only be valid for registration upon EU servers.
    That said, does anyone know if I can register a box bought in the EU on a NA server or whether I'll need to get my hands upon a box from NA?

That I dont know. Im sure someone can inform you. Good Luck.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

You have to purchase a US box to play on US servers... they have seperate clients and product keys

• LiljnaLiljna Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by BesCirga

You have to purchase a US box to play on US servers... they have seperate clients and product keys

I can confirm this. I am at the moment looking for a way to purchase a US box, this is more difficult that I expected :)

Turbine's online shop will not sell to someone with a Euro Visa card, and I have heard people (euros) having problem, because Turbine wouldn't accept their payment (after they purchased a retail box).

So I advice you to check everything extra careful just to be sure.

Good luck with it though! You are welcome to come back and let us know how it went, I am personally curious about it, because I'm in the same boat.

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

ah, interesting to know about the payment. I could get a hold of a box via family in the states, since I don't want to play on EU servers anymore. Well, I might not play at all for that matter, but if I return, then only on a US server.

Don't they take paypal? Codemasters does, but maybe not Turbine.

imageimage

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

the license in europe is given to to CM and thus i am pretty sure you will find it hard to use a UK version on a usa server.This is pretty much what happened with DAoC.

Unlike SoE or blizzard who have direct control over the US and european market

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by BesCirga

This is correct.

The version you play on is determined by the client that you install.  Sofware purchased in the EU will only allow you to connect to EU servers.  Software purchased in the US will only allow you to connect to US servers.

The publisher for the US game is Midway.  The publisher for the EU game is Codemasters.  So, as long as you see the Midway logo and NOT the Codemasters logo on the box, you've gotten the US version of the client.

Hope that helps you out.

• LiljnaLiljna Member UncommonPosts: 274

As several people have now mentioned, to play on US servers, you need the US version of the game.

I live in Europe, but want to play on the US servers. I figured buying the game through Turbine's online shop was a logical choice.

But Turbine Shop will not accept payment from an address in Europe (Denmark in this case).

I guess I could try and purchase the game through Amazon, but if Turbine won't accept my money for the game, I fear they won't accept my money for the subscription either.

So I'm interested in hearing what other Europeans (or other nationalities in the same boat) have done to be able to play on the US servers.