Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rethought: Best trio for solo play and later on high end grouping.

AesperAesper Member UncommonPosts: 90

Dont mean to spam, but were adding a 3rd to our party. I was leaning on going warden for group utility, healing, damage when necessary, buffs. I would imagine having a ranger and monk or some scout class with a heavy duty character. Any thoughts on a good trio?

Edit: ALSO, what are the solo viabilities for: Templar, Warden, Fury, Mystic compared with group viability?

EVE Online player since 2007.

"Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

- Oliver Goldsmith

Comments

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

Originally posted by Aesper

Dont mean to spam, but were adding a 3rd to our party. I was leaning on going warden for group utility, healing, damage when necessary, buffs. I would imagine having a ranger and monk or some scout class with a heavy duty character. Any thoughts on a good trio?

Edit: ALSO, what are the solo viabilities for: Templar, Warden, Fury, Mystic compared with group viability?

Aesper you have to tell what mage you will have in group. It depends...

With 3 players you are able to roll the holy trinity (tank, heal and dps). But it depends a lot.

Example would be shadowknight as tank, warlock as DPS mage and mystic as heal/buff/debuff. All three complement with their poison and disease damage and debuffs.

If you want to have a warden you can have a paladin as tank and a wizzard or conjurer as DPS. A guardian instead of paladin is good as well, but i think the pally fits the wizzard better. His amends will save the wizzy many times.

If you need a scout then pick brigand or swashbuckler. Those can tank to some degree but still have scout abilities. With a brig or swashy tanking again a conjurer as DPS mage. Warden or again a mysic as heal. brig and swashy have group invis.

If you want a monk as tank, then definetely roll a mystic as heal and a conjurer as mage DPS. A warden would be ok too in that case.

There are other good trios. Like melee based trios without mage DPS.

Bezerker, Inquisitor and brigand is a quite high dps trio for example.

Monk, brigand, warden is a nice group with a lot utility. Monk has group feign death, warden portals and brigand group invis.

Edit: I think this is the one i would roll. Monk, swashy or brigand and a warden. The warden then melee spec'ed. A really great trio.

Soloing the templer is the slowest DPS.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Berserker or Swashbuckler to tank.  Warden to heal and Wizard for DPS. 

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    There are a couple ways you could do it. 

First, do you plan on raiding? If you do have a Swashbuckler do your tanking, there just aren’t enough raid spots for fighters to go around.  You lose some tanking ability, but gain some DPS this way.

The thing to keep in mind is that you want complementary abilities, so try to match melee DPS to melee buffs or caster DPS to caster buffs. For a melee group I’d look at something like a Berserker (or swash) + Inquisitor + Brigand because all three have melee DPS capability, melee buffs and melee debuffs. For a caster group you could go with a Paladin + Fury + Conj/Wizard/Warlock or a Shadowknight + Fury + Warlock/Necromancer. The Warlock is a little out of place in the first group because they do disease, rather then elemental damage like the Wizard/Fury but when paired with a Paladin the Warlock can go all out AE which can be devastating.  

Something else to consider is that you could swap the Inquisitor for a Warden.  Both do good DPS if they are melee speced, but the Inquisitor has better melee buffs/debuffs. The Warden, however, can get their run speed buff up to 50% and can use druid rings to cut your travel time and has an evac.  Try to have either a scout or a Warden for evac, and either a Fury, Swash or Brigand for group stealth/invis.  A Dirge can also get a group stealth in their AA lines.

If you go with a swash tanking you could go with an Inquisitor/Brigand.  Unlike most related classes Brigands/Swash can stack nicely if played well by alternating stuns, walk the plank, etc.  In this config you could also conceivably go with a second healer, any of the healers with a melee AA spec can do really good damage (Inquisitor, Warden, Mystic).  A final option would be a Swash/Inq/Dirge. The Dirge will not solo very well, but gives you power regen and would be desired if you want to raid eventually, but so would a Brigand.

Inquisitiors, Warden, Mystic all solo exceptionally well if they are melee speced, and a Fury isn’t far behind. Swash, Brigand and Berserker al all pretty good. Paladins are safe but a little on the slow side, Necromancers,Wizards, Conjurors and to some extent Warlocks can do some amazing things solo but the Wizard/Warlock take a little time to get going.