Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the pvp in the endgame in RFOnline?

urgourgo Member Posts: 40

Is it anywhere close to EVE?I heard it has good pvp.I read about Chip Wars but i didnt get the whole picture.It sound to me like WOW's BGs.I am thinking to give this game a try but i dont like  grinding meaningless pvp just for gear.

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Imo, it's not as good as EVE, but it's still a lot of fun to play. The biggest problem is that it takes very, very long to get to RFo's pvp endgame content.

• urgourgo Member Posts: 40

Thanx man.If anyone can give any more details,i'd be thankful.

• SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

well the game is now free so go give it a shot.

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,404

Speaking as someone that still plays 2 versions of RFO.   My advice to you is, don't even bother with RFO.  Unless you are willing to spend a good chunk of money, even if you roll on one of the newer servers.  (Lumen and Solus)  You will be completely spanked by cash shop whores, day after day after day.   Even after getting to a higher level these same people will still have gear far superior to yours.   I watch well geared lvl 50's get one shotted by cash shop whores on a regular basis.   If you were going to roll your character on Novus.  All I can say is "Nice knowing you".   You'll quit after 2 days maybe a week depending on how much you can stand being PK'd by your own race, and then having to also put up with being PK'd by the other 2 races.   I'm not even going to go into the drama that some races have.  Nor how badly CM is running the game now.   Hope you never need a GM lol

Do yourself a favor.  Stay far far away from RFO.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Chip wars is basically where each faction has its own portalentrance to the Mining zone with a special 'Chip' structure.

Each faction ahs to defend there chip from others while similtaniously trying todestroy the others.

The winner is the one who has the last chip left or the one thats the most intact [they cant be repaired].

With the factional payer run leadership with a faction leader and subordanates running his orders it should in theory be a good PvP system.

Sadly tho it usually just ends up as a big Zerg rush with just about everyone running to the enermys chip or finding a camp spot to splat some noobs. Meanwhile the 'Leadership' is yelling in the command channel for everyone to follow him on his glory rush hence the Zerg rush.

So is it like EvE PvP wise?

No it is not EvE at leastahs tactics to it and some importancein fowward planning and its PvP doesant feel so added in the last minuite during design. In RFO its just a thoughtless rush and Potion span PvP Fight. [basically if you bring more healing potions you stand a good chance of winning].

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

The game is constant PvP no matter where you go. Yes you can get PK'd by your own race, but also some of the higher ups especially the RL's will race punish those that are reported for such acts.

For right now the support is bad and the chat spamming is annoying but can be blocked. They just did an IP ban for those not in their official region. The game is not that bad but it is gear/skill based and more about group cooperation than individual play.

Early on (lvl1-25) can be individual play but after requires group play. Some guilds accept lvl30+ players but the more established ones require you to be lvl40 or lvl47 to join.