Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So.. 6months and then they delete your acc?

PhotecPhotec Member Posts: 27

Been thinking of resubbing and training some gallenteships and when I went to do so today I suddenly cant log on to my old acc anymore? Heard rumours of 6 months and a wipe, but didnt really believe they were THAT efficient (only been 6,5 months since I put on a 2 month trainer, took a few weeks vacation and tested some other MMOs I've been looking at.

Sure, I hadn't gotten very far, but I was flying interceptors (crows) and was doing lvl3s without problems (yes, drake is OP) and had gotten a few hundred mills under my belt and quite a few lvl5 skills as well. Would suck to lose the acc :

Anyone else had this problem?

Veni, Vidi, Vomite

Comments

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Fairly sure they've never done a character purge in the history of the game.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Contact Customer Support and ask them. This is what i would do.

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372

I've never heard of an MMO that deleted the chars / accounts. Heck, i can still log into my old DAoC account that i made what, 4-5 years ago. The companies reserves the right to delete your character but that's just a formality as far as i know.

------------------------------

• PhotecPhotec Member Posts: 27

Hmm allrighty, I'll be sure to make another attempt tomorrow when I'm not sporting a MASSIVE hangover and the attentionspan of a chipmonk on meth.

Thx for the feedback :)

Veni, Vidi, Vomite

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Generally speaking they won't delete your account.. However that clause is in there in case they lose data they only have to worry about rebuilding accounts that are newer then 6 months. Give them a call they may be able to get it back may not.

• NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

No... I did a search for fun and saw one of my old (over a year) characters from my trial accounts still there.

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884

You 100% certain you entered the correct username?

-iCeh

• MorlachMorlach Member UncommonPosts: 6

no they do not delete just for being inactive. I have just returned after a break of two years and my pilot is there all in tact.

• solesole Member Posts: 78

Photec  hm its not that simple you forgot your "password" and tried to login with some other invalid username or password ?

CCP wont delete accounts just for inactivity.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Erm no I know for a fact they don't do this. Characters I made on free trials over 2 years ago still exist in the game :) You either are trying to use the wrong password or are typo'ing something.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

I had an alt inactive for over 2 years and that is still there so I am pretty sure your old account should still be in tact.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    Originally posted by skinnys

I've never heard of an MMO that deleted the chars / accounts. 

EQ did a wipe of all inactive characters under level 10 on inactive accounts when they did their server merges.

Originally posted by daeandor
    EQ did a wipe of all inactive characters under level 10 on inactive accounts when they did their server merges.

Emphasis added for clarification.
    Prior to that, in it's entire existence, EQ had never done a char wipe.

• SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Photec

Been thinking of resubbing and training some gallenteships and when I went to do so today I suddenly cant log on to my old acc anymore? Heard rumours of 6 months and a wipe, but didnt really believe they were THAT efficient (only been 6,5 months since I put on a 2 month trainer, took a few weeks vacation and tested some other MMOs I've been looking at.
    Sure, I hadn't gotten very far, but I was flying interceptors (crows) and was doing lvl3s without problems (yes, drake is OP) and had gotten a few hundred mills under my belt and quite a few lvl5 skills as well. Would suck to lose the acc :
    Anyone else had this problem?

This never happened to me.  My account was cancelled for nearly a year when I returned last month, everything was as it was when I left.

• LeJohnLeJohn Member Posts: 313

The short answer to your question is No.  I looked at one of my accounts that I have not played since 2003 when I got rejoin invite a few weeks ago.  Other than my enigma and a few other "items" missing my accout was usable. 

As others have said, check your name and pass. 

• coruncorun Member Posts: 61

They do not delete accounts.

My accounts were inactive for over 2 years and everything was still there when I resubscribed recently.

But, I had a problem with logging in as well!

When I create MMO accounts I make a note of my accounts login data in a file so I don't forget it.

My EVE login data was there, which means I entered the correct username and password.

I actually had to request a new password before I was able to log in again. Then I changed it back to the old password.

Only one of my accounts was affected though.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by skinnys

I've never heard of an MMO that deleted the chars / accounts. 

Anarchy Online wipes low level ( 1-10) every year or two to free up names/space from unused/inactive toons. They don't delete the accounts themselves though, only the characters. Makes it interesting when people don't pay attention and lose their bank toons because they didn't log the account in before wipe.

• FenikSarFenikSar Member Posts: 8

4 Year old trial account and the character still exists, Shame really i want the name for my Main :/

Originally posted by FenikSar
    4 Year old trial account and the character still exists, Shame really i want the name for my Main :/

Yep, my only regret in EVE is that when I was just keeping tabs on the game (after beta) because I was playing something else at the time I used lots of free trials. And in each trial I kept using the name 'taram' (or taram something).

What kills me is that when I came back I couldn't remember the account name for the original 'taram' account :) Thus Taram Caldar was born :) Would love to have been just 'Taram' when I finally picked up EVE full time after SOE/LEC cancelled SWG and replaced it with SWG:NGE.