Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe one of the best game's i played in my life.

I the MMO god for creating such a game what a wounderful job its one of the games i have become most impressed at the graphics are brilliant the character classes are actually playable in the way there supposed to be played cant say much for DDO on that subject the trial gives you a insite in to what is going on in the devs heads of Turbine they managed to pull off a good game here and im normally very hard to impress the level up system for this game is quite good its not hard to level up you can reach level 30 on the trial and alot higher if your hard core grinder type which i am not and will not become any time soon or later i cant really say anything about the sound because i dont listen to the sound in games it is normally terrible and it would ruin my ability to listen to high pitched noises from a far distance and low pitched noises from a far distance because i have sentative hearing anyway back to the point the tutorial is interesting but not enough to interest me in paticula because tutorials are quite boring and dont help in any way this is turning into a review for someone who can hold there breath for a long time to read it im informal i dont use full stops and commas and that kind of crap practiclly everywhere in wat i write so dont bother complaining the quest system is good for the average MMO and er that is about all i can say i think i have lost the rest of this review im gonna be busy looking for it i presume.

Comments

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253

Originally posted by Xicus

I the MMO god for creating such a game what a wounderful job its one of the games i have become most impressed at the graphics are brilliant the character classes are actually playable in the way there supposed to be played cant say much for DDO on that subject the trial gives you a insite in to what is going on in the devs heads of Turbine they managed to pull off a good game here and im normally very hard to impress the level up system for this game is quite good its not hard to level up you can reach level 30 on the trial and alot higher if your hard core grinder type which i am not and will not become any time soon or later i cant really say anything about the sound because i dont listen to the sound in games it is normally terrible and it would ruin my ability to listen to high pitched noises from a far distance and low pitched noises from a far distance because i have sentative hearing anyway back to the point the tutorial is interesting but not enough to interest me in paticula because tutorials are quite boring and dont help in any way this is turning into a review for someone who can hold there breath for a long time to read it im informal i dont use full stops and commas and that kind of crap practiclly everywhere in wat i write so dont bother complaining the quest system is good for the average MMO and er that is about all i can say i think i have lost the rest of this review im gonna be busy looking for it i presume.
    at level 37 - 41 you will begin to re-think your statement :D

this game is good and the grahpics is really nice, but after a few weeks it gets boring again...

but as long as youre enjoying this game its ok... personally for me its too linear and simple, but my games are more the sandbox style ones... so its a question of taste I guess, if you enjoy games like world of warcraft you will most defently enjoy lord of the rings online as well :)

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

The only thing your post showed me is that the illiterate love the game.

• boodisboodis Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by orlac

YES DAMN HIM TO HELL for not being A) a native speaker or B) not having a properly developed English education system (for which I'm sure is his fault).

The game however, is terrible. Graphics wise (world looks dead, to closed off, "plastic" and generally boring), character customize wise (both looks and powers, way to few classes), combat wise (stale, boring, way to "turn" based).

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by orlac

You are 55 years old, you have posted 67 times in almost 3 years and this is the gem you decided to post.  Was it supposed to be witty?  Time to go back under the bridge.

The only thing your post showed me is that 55 year old fanbois of others games and not 12 year olds, are the trolls you have to worry about.

I agree with the OP that this game is one of the best I have played, but as another person said I have not reached the higher level section yet so I will avoid further judgement until that point.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

Ok, defend him if you like, but you have to admit that is ONE LONG SENTENCE! 

• NikepwnsNikepwns Member Posts: 134

Yea dude i have to admit i made a captain and he was fine, But as you start the merge towards the END of lonelands it gets boring cos your thinking "when am i ever going to get out of here"

Then you go to North Downs which in my experience is the best thing you will get out of that game along with trollshaws which is good and Misty Mountains.

I just got to say never sell you lotro account on ebay or anything though cos there is a slight chance of  you wanting to come back. Because i sold my charr on ebay (level 44 captain) and it wasted a lot of time cos (for some reason) i wanted to come back!

Btw when you do come back again level 15 seems so boring.

And also the reason why i left was because when i around 44 i started to get so bored of the dull feeling of angmar, i almost tried to strangle myself with the mouse-cord to get me out of the game. But no i couldnt cos my mouse is wireless.

Anyway if you ever get bored of lotro what you gotta do in 5 simple guide lines is:

1. Unsubscribe

2. Storm the forums to try and find another game you want

3. Play the game for maybe 4 months in which that time unless you dont get bored (which you usually would) Unsubscribe!

4. Subscribe to lotro

5. dont make a hunter make a guardian and then you wont be bored.

Played: WoW, Guild wars, Eve, SWG, and more

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

I will take into account the OP's posting behavior to see how he believes this is the best games ever..

I think this is his list of previous games played....

Knight Online..check

Furcadia...check

Hero Online...check

Hmmm.......

Now we know....

............LOTRO would be the best game EVAH!!!!

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    Originally posted by openedge1

I will take into account the OP's posting behavior to see how he believes this is the best games ever..
    Knight Online..check
    Furcadia...check
    Hero Online...check
    Hmmm.......

Looks like he has better taste in mmo's than you still. 

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

Knight Online..check
    Furcadia...check
    Hero Online...check
    Hmmm.......

Ooo...zing...

I guess if you would rather play a Korean F2P MMO grinder than say..WoW , Guild Wars or EQ2...then no wonder YOU also enjoy LOTRO...no accounting for taste...(I assume you also think "salt" is a spice)

Cheers!

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

Knight Online..check
    Furcadia...check
    Hero Online...check
    Hmmm.......

Ooo...zing...

I guess if you would rather play a Korean F2P MMO grinder than say..WoW , Guild Wars or EQ2...then no wonder YOU also enjoy LOTRO...no accounting for taste...(I assume you also think "salt" is a spice)

Cheers!

You play WOW?

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• AckbarNLAckbarNL Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Nikepwns

Yea dude i have to admit i made a captain and he was fine, But as you start the merge towards the END of lonelands it gets boring cos your thinking "when am i ever going to get out of here"
    Then you go to North Downs which in my experience is the best thing you will get out of that game along with trollshaws which is good and Misty Mountains.

`Well this is just a prime exsample of how not to play Lord of the rings online, and Mmo's in general, if your thinking "When am i ever going to get out of there" well you might just stop playing the game cuz its not good...enjoy the game, dont try to powerlevel or do things the fast way , somehow its some people nature i know but you spoil it for yourself, do Monsterplay, Craft , make Music, House decoration , and Chikenplay aswell.  

But dont think "When am i going to get out of here"  cuz thats just wrong...

Playing: World of Warcraft.
    Played: Lord of the Rings Online, Starwars Galaxies.
    Tried: Starwars the Old Republic, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Aion.

• i_own_ui_own_u Member UncommonPosts: 314

First of all, I would like you to know, LEARN HOW TO MAKE SENTANCES. THE ONLY PERIOD IN THE WHOLE THING IS AT THE END. Phew, anyway.

Yes, this is a fun game, I played for a while also. But it wares down after you get higher levels.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Gameplay sucks, therefore the game sucks.

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Knight Online..check
    Furcadia...check
    Hero Online...check
    Hmmm.......

Just like we take your posts into account openedge. 

Be careful how many of these posts you tally up in the LoTRo forums slinging your "cheer" around at other forum posters.  Otherwise, you might be making another unexpected "vacation" in the not too distant future.  Keep the posts on topic, or don't reply at all.  There isn't any need to try and make fun of or belittle other posters... it just shows your immaturity and lack of confidence in your own opinions.

As for the OP's original post... I agree. Perhaps you'd like to poke fun at the MMOs I've played as well, openedge?   

One suggestion for the OP though... paragraphs... they're a GOOD thing. 

• XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

Why do i bother with forums.... It's pointless almost everyone goes against me just because im saying what I THINK of a game.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Don't mind the EQ2 players, they think every game should suffer years of post launch redesigns and a slew of rushed expansions before they can call their current MMO fun.

LOTRO is a solid game with good mechanics.  It is a good game overall.

• kaladekalade Member Posts: 69

I have to say Orlac's post was actualy rather witty.  Heck he could be a LOTRO player and it still is funny to me.  Because as I read the OP's message that is basically what came to me.  That this boy could most certainly use some grammar lessons.

/shrug

Also - off topic - would LOTRO likely run on a laptop that is integrated video.  It's a newer laptop, has a pentium dual core processor and 2 gb of ram (with like up to 384 of that usuable for video).  Because I currently in general play Vanguard.. occasional EQ2.  But I would like to have an MMO that I could play on my laptop (was maybe thinking of resubscribing to WoW.. but something new would be nice).  I know without exact specs noone can answer me forsure.. so may go grab specs to put on here.. but is there any shot an integrated video card could run this??

Kalade

If you play Vanguard you can play Lord of the RIngs. 

• ThalosVipavThalosVipav Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by kalade

Also - off topic - would LOTRO likely run on a laptop that is integrated video.  It's a newer laptop, has a pentium dual core processor and 2 gb of ram (with like up to 384 of that usuable for video).  Because I currently in general play Vanguard.. occasional EQ2.  But I would like to have an MMO that I could play on my laptop (was maybe thinking of resubscribing to WoW.. but something new would be nice).  I know without exact specs noone can answer me forsure.. so may go grab specs to put on here.. but is there any shot an integrated video card could run this??
    Kalade

without the exact specs I cant say for sure. However, I would bet you can, just may need to turn the graphics down a bit.

Thalos Vipav
    Star Wars Galaxies: R.I.P.

First to Daffido.. I can play VG, but only on my PC.  I attempted to install it on my laptop and after hours of patching I found that it was missing something in the video department to run the game.  Thus I am looking for an MMO that would play on my laptop (for when I travel and whatnot.. or like now when I am home for x-mas break and extremely bored because well noone else is home and my family is working and.. well you get the idea :).  Anyways my specs on my laptop are..

Intel Pentium dual-core processor (1.46ghz, 533 mhz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)

2 GB DDR2 RAM

Up to 358 MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (video card..)

Maybe you can't tell from that if it would run it... but out of curiosity is there a free trial you can download? and also how much does the game run now adays.  I know right after thanksgiving they had it for 10 bucks at bestbuy and I am kicking myself for not just picking up a copy.  Is it atleast just like 20 bucks or so? 

Anywho thanks!

Kalade

• CropperCropper Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by sandage

Originally posted by Nikepwns

`Well this is just a prime exsample of how not to play Lord of the rings online, and Mmo's in general, if your thinking "When am i ever going to get out of there" well you might just stop playing the game cuz its not good...enjoy the game, dont try to powerlevel or do things the fast way , somehow its some people nature i know but you spoil it for yourself, do Monsterplay, Craft , make Music, House decoration , and Chikenplay aswell.  

But dont think "When am i going to get out of here"  cuz thats just wrong...

I don't think he's saying he was power leveling, he's just saying he got bored with the zones long before he did all the quests.  I felt the same way, but moved on once I could, but some people are completists and won't.  Personally I'm not gonna do a bunch of quests well below my level for next to no experience just to do everything, so again, it's not about power leveling, but about keeping the game interesting and challenging.  Lotro is a good game for awhile, personally I bogged down around level 37 myself, but played with some great people so pushed onto 50.  I spent most of my time in monster play, but that go worse not better with every patch so I quit the game altogether. 

In the end if the OP loves the game, good for him/her, for those who hate it, play something else.  I can however understand people posting the downsides of the game in a thread like this to give a more well rounded view of the game, but as we know alot of what ends up on these forums in unnecessarily contentious or downright rude.

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by kalade

First to Daffido.. I can play VG, but only on my PC.  I attempted to install it on my laptop and after hours of patching I found that it was missing something in the video department to run the game.  Thus I am looking for an MMO that would play on my laptop (for when I travel and whatnot.. or like now when I am home for x-mas break and extremely bored because well noone else is home and my family is working and.. well you get the idea :).  Anyways my specs on my laptop are..
    Intel Pentium dual-core processor (1.46ghz, 533 mhz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)
    2 GB DDR2 RAM
    Up to 358 MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (video card..)
    Maybe you can't tell from that if it would run it... but out of curiosity is there a free trial you can download? and also how much does the game run now adays.  I know right after thanksgiving they had it for 10 bucks at bestbuy and I am kicking myself for not just picking up a copy.  Is it atleast just like 20 bucks or so? 
    Anywho thanks!
    Kalade
    Yes, there is a free trial you can download and try out.  It's the full game, so if it runs just fine with the trial you'll be golden. 

My guess is that it will "run"; but seeing the video card that you have (using shared system memory)... it may not be the best fit for you.  So, I'd strongly recommend trying the free trial first before you go out and buy it.

Sorry Kalade, I assumed you played VG on you laptop.  I highly doubt you can run LOTRO with you laptop looking at the video card.  Pixel and vertex shaders are most likely what you were missing, but I am very far from being an expert on video cards. 

• XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

Create your own new topic for that chat dont do it in my topics.