Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me !

tide88tide88 Member Posts: 8

I Have been looking for a MMO to capture me for so long now. I've tried almost every mmo I can think of. I really wanted to give vanguard a shot, but even with 2 gig ram 8600 ms nvidia card and a pretty fast system it still doesn't run smoothly. I want a game with good group play and community. I'm going crazy can anybody suggest anything?

Comments

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

I could suggest some MUDs right now, but MMOs... Nope, sorry. WoW is still the perennial MMO right now, but I don't know if you would like it. I would suggest trying out the free trials of most the common MMOs right now to see which one fits the best, but remember that half the game is finding people whom you enjoy to hang out with in the game. :)

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Your hardware will run any game smoothly depending on which resolution and graphics settings you play at. If for example you have a 30" LCD and try to play a game at that screens native resolution, nothing less than a SLI setup would work well.

Easiest way to boost performance is to turn off AA (Anti Aliasing), turn off HDR or Bloom, and lastly if necessary lower your resolution a bit.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Originally posted by tide88

I Have been looking for a MMO to capture me for so long now. I've tried almost every mmo I can think of. I really wanted to give vanguard a shot, but even with 2 gig ram 8600 ms nvidia card and a pretty fast system it still doesn't run smoothly. I want a game with good group play and community. I'm going crazy can anybody suggest anything?

It didn't run smoothly with that? I have 2gb ram and a 8800 gts 640mb and it runs fine at max settings. What settings were you running it at and what drivers were you using? If you haven't downloaded them yet, get the new driver set that was released this month. I installed them when I ran into a lighting glitch in Vanguard and it not only fixed the glitch but the game ran a hell of a lot better too.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!