Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age Of Camelot: Come Back To Camelot...FREE!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Former "Dark Age of Camelot" subscribers have been invited back to explore "New Frontiers" and more for 14 days free this summer.  Mythic is kicking off its "Come Back To Camelot" program.  Here is the official press release:

FAIRFAX, VA - JUNE 30, 2004 - Mythic Entertainment, developer and publisher of the award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game, "Dark Age of Camelot(r)," today proclaimed the start of the "Come Back to Camelot" campaign, which invites former "Dark Age of Camelot" subscribers to come back and play the game free for two weeks. Mythic will give former players the opportunity to experience the many enhancements made since "Dark Age of Camelot's" original release two and a half years ago including the recent re-invention of the unique Realm versus Realm (RvR) combat system featured in "New Frontiers(tm)." Existing players and players who take advantage of "Come Back to Camelot" will also be eligible to enter the "Come Back to Camelot" sweepstakes and win NVIDIA video boards, Prima "Dark Age of Camelot" strategy guides and "Dark Age of Camelot" free subscriptions and merchandize.

"The 'Come Back to Camelot' campaign is a great way for former 'Dark Age of Camelot' players to rediscover the game, and explore the many ways in which it has grown and improved in their absence," said Mark Jacobs, president and CEO of Mythic Entertainment. "We hope that previous subscribers will come back to Camelot this summer and experience all that 'Dark Age of Camelot' has to offer including the amazing new additions to the RvR system from 'New Frontiers.'"

The "Come Back to Camelot" campaign is open to U.S. residents, 18 years of age aor older at the time of entry, including those players who subscribed to "Dark Age of Camelot" in the past, and have been inactive since March 31st 2004. To receive your free 14-day subscription, go to www.comebacktocamelot.com .

All existing "Dark Age of Camelot" subscribers are also eligible to enter the "Come Back to Camelot" sweepstakes, and have the opportunity to win a variety of prizes by visiting www.comebacktocamelot.com  

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• FrienFrien Member UncommonPosts: 10

I was actually quite glad for this idea.... until i noticed that it's only US customers.

Wonder if its on the board for the EU customers. I for one, would be glad to come back and try it out again....image

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996
    On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Right on Glove! You beat me to it... image

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    First thing I noticed about their page for this is it doesn't really tell you how to do it... Ok go download whatever you need (well what would I need if I actually wantted to do this? Are they just leting you re-open whatever your old account was, what you'd originally bought like me way way back just the original game [that's all there was back then], well thats not very interesting, I would want to see whats new right [isn't that the idea, what they're trying to sell, the new content?], well are they allowing you to see the new content in any way? Are they giving access to whats been added in expansion? I didn't see any of this listed.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Oh wow what a coincidence, i was just thinking how nice it would be if something like this happened for DAoC. I've been MMORPG-less for far too long, and at least I'd be able to start somewhere ahead of newb. I'm also trying that free EQ thing too, and believe it or not this will be the first time I've played it. I'll try the DAoC thing too though.

--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

• steelscoutsteelscout Member UncommonPosts: 103

Imho it's a quite desperate attempt, but maybe the one or the other play will stay again.

Anyways, this comeback thing seems to be running quite a while now, cuz I already played that free time again.
    Look here

• K.RoolK.Rool Member Posts: 53

It's an interesting move.

Pretty rare that developers care to get customers back. In their situation, it's a wise move though, as New Frontiers will likely draw some people back anyways, and get many other close to there. This 14 days free could be enough so that these ex-players come back too.

K.Rool,
    Master of unnecessary knowledge...

Blame your fate!

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

I got all excited and re-installed. Downloaded NF and was raring to go. It kept saying that my account was still closed image

A little bit of investigating and reading some tiiiiny fine print. It seems only accounts cancelled before March 31st are eligiable. Seeing as I had renewd and cancelled in April it's a no go for me.

Silly move on Mythics part. The should have done any cancellation account date prior to NF release if they want to show off the sparkley new downloadable expansion! image