Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: What looks likely to be your Favourite Mount?

AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Thought I'd put one up here. After seeing this video of the Funcom Offices, and some footage of the Mammoth and a Horse, the speed of each and turning arc's kinda made my mind up between the two.

Video: http://trailer.onlinewelten.com/videos,id2905,age_conan_entwicklerbesuch.html

(Takes a min to load up)

What looks like your favourite mount?

In Age of Conan you can attack from Mounts, so you don't have to dismount, Armor can be applied to them, and they shouldn't be too expensive in game.

Comments

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

Mammoth all the way.

They may only be good for sieging, but they look so cool--I can't wait to ride around in one.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Rhino, duh

Although the horse would likely be my choice when not in need of one.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• SeekelmSeekelm Member Posts: 20

Mounts are for Wimps!!!!!!!!! 2 legs defintly are better then 4. I mean seriously if God wanted us to have 4 legs he would've made it that way! 2 legs all the way!

• LL Member Posts: 70

Mammoths are going to wreak havok on the fields of battle that is all i can say.

LØST

• LissLiss Member Posts: 48

Camel? I dont think Conan would ride one since he punched one out.

• devilsindevilsin Member Posts: 43

Horse would be my favourite.

Horse in armour> anything else.

They also seem to be the most versatile of all the mounts.

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by throckmorton

Mammoth all the way.

They may only be good for sieging, but they look so cool--I can't wait to ride around in one.

That should be interesting.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

In the video (linked in first post) I thought it was cool how the guy described how the Horse mount has attacks too, including "Biting", if anyone has been bitten by a horse - Ouch!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by LØST

Mammoths are going to wreak havok on the fields of battle that is all i can say.
    Just have a look at the video Avery linked in the post above... and you'll see that mammots will only have their use for traveling and siege warfare,,,

On a normal battlefield they'll turn so slow that the horse mounted riders will have a huge advantage...they could allways make circles around the Mammot.. never be in reach of its weaponry teeth and kill the mammot of fast and quick.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LL Member Posts: 70

Lord.Bachus i agree they will only be used with siege and selective battlefields but they will have a place in formation battle as well. If i have a mammoth with horses and footmen protecting that mammoth it would protect the mammoth and also be a fighting tool against less heavy enemy's.  They have already released that there will be formations and advantages for these formations i just hope they have a wide variety of formations to fit the need of the guild or group. But i think it is very logical for them to make a formation including a mammoth or war rhino.

and yes i did watch the video lord.Bachus

LØST

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526

The whole mount system just seems awesome, although I voted Mammoth.

• LissLiss Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by LØST

Lord.Bachus i agree they will only be used with siege and selective battlefields but they will have a place in formation battle as well. If i have a mammoth with horses and footmen protecting that mammoth it would protect the mammoth and also be a fighting tool against less heavy enemy's.  They have already released that there will be formations and advantages for these formations i just hope they have a wide variety of formations to fit the need of the guild or group. But i think it is very logical for them to make a formation including a mammoth or war rhino.

and yes i did watch the video lord.Bachus
    I understand that you could have horses and footmen protected the mammoth but if so what tools or advantages can it provide in that scenario?

For example can it trample footmen like the war rhino? Does it have a large AoE attack with its tusks perhaps? I havent heard much about the mounts so im still trying to decide.

Will certain mounts cater to different classes? For example a caster would want a faster or more agile mount to evade melee. Or a tank would want the mammoth due to its high hp/armor,

• spbrookespbrooke Member Posts: 82

I am probably going to go with a horse.  I remember reading somewhere there are going to be different speeds of mounts you can get.  The faster the mount is, it has less protection, etc.  So Im guessing you can maybe get a faster breed of mammoth, which has less brute force, but can move faster than normal.

For me though, I like speed better, for a quick get away if need be .

Osahar Ismassri
    Conscript of King's Guard
    http://guild-of-kings-guard.com/

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

Cammel all the way.  i'm a stygian at heart.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

Originally posted by Death1942

Cammel all the way.  i'm a stygian at heart.

Yeah, I plan on going as a Stygian Assassin, if there is not much difference between the horse and camel, I will probably go with the camel.  Got to be accurate to the culture    I am just hoping the camels can go as fast as horses can.   Or that the stygian's can get horses too, without having to get annoying reputation with the other races like in WoW.

Osahar Ismassri

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

im not too fond to mounts in mmorpgs but i guess they are necessary evil to make longer journeys less boring and more quick go get over with... but it really sticks with the conan story and just teleporting from place to place is not an option :D besides.. i think walking, running or using a horsepack with your allies really make you feel like your in adventure

Originally posted by Corthagath

im not too fond to mounts in mmorpgs but i guess they are necessary evil to make longer journeys less boring and more quick go get over with... but it really sticks with the conan story and just teleporting from place to place is not an option :D besides.. i think walking, running or using a horsepack with your allies really make you feel like your in adventure
    Mounts can be a little annoying feature for people, especially when you have to grind a heap of gold just to get one.  But they can be a nice little thing to own.  I remember when i first played WoW, the whole capitcal city would be fulled with people just riding around on their mounts.  Sometimes just in circles, while LFG, or waiting for auctions, etc.

I think AoC's mount system will be interesting, with the mounted combat coming into play.

Osahar Ismassri

• TrowarTrowar Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by Liss

Real Stygians ride Camels

• HumaMageHumaMage Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Liss

Camels are the best imho. Unique, and fits for a realy powerfull man, who's never in a hurry..

H. of the ageofconan.hu

www.ageofconan.hu -The hungarian fansite, with the latest news.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

I like walking :) If distances requires a mount i ll most probably go for a camel because i intend to roll a stygian char. 

• bluchewbluchew Member UncommonPosts: 53

I went with the mammoth, just because of its stature. Large, Strong, and Intimidating... sounds like something a Barbarian from the North would ride... Blarggg

• SelenciaSelencia Member Posts: 180

The horse will be my mount of choice simply because speed will be necessary as a ranger.

It would be nice if Funcom added a little depth to the mount system. Masters are supposedly able to build stables - it would be great if you could breed different horses, sell them, name them, give them custom armor & bridle.

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

I voted Mammoth, before seeing the video. Now, probably a camel.

Kiting in PVP is going to be an issue in this game.

• striker117striker117 Member Posts: 6

We should all play on the role-playing server and there should be a clan thats based near the desert and they ride nothing but camels, raiding villages...they'll be known as the..."Camel Toes!"

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

i think i will pass this one ...