Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting your first house

ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

So I bought EQ2 and I love it.. Im a lvl 6 so far gnomw wizard and while questing around in Freeport someone in general chat said that after a quest you get a small appartment as a reward for 7s a day. Wondering what is the level I have to be to be able to get this quest, Im excited for owning a house.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I dont think any level is needed

go get your house!

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Housing

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Heh, first off, welcome to EQ2!
    Yes, you can own a house in Norrath, in fact you can own a variety of houses depending on your wealth and status.
    Every major city (Qeynos, Freeport, Kelethin, Neriak and Maj Dul)has housing of different sizes to choose from).
    You begin with your small 1 room at the inn (talk to the inn-keeper or the housing merchant- they will offer you the quest that will give you the keys to your first house as long with some token furniture).
    Every city has a completly different style of housing so it is good to browse around and see what suits you best.
    Also, if you love the idea of housing- you will just go crazy about the HUGE amount of craftable/questable/buyable furniture EQ2 has.
    One can litteraly spend hours not leaving the house- but just decorating it- you can have a creepy dungeon or huge library, a kitchen that would make a halfling jump with joy or an elven boudoire- only limit is your imagination and offcourse your ingame bank account :)

On a side note, if you have decided to start on the evil side (judging by the mention of Freeport), i would advise you to start in Timorous Deep, seeing it is a much nicer starting area then the old freeport/commonlands and gnomes can start there as well.
    Once you hit level 20 or so- it is easy to switch citizenship to Freeport if you so desire- it is just one simple quest.

Have fun!
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I second that notion -- Quest in Timorous Deep if  under 20

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Timorous_Deep_Timeline

the quest rewards and experience is crazy good

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

You can get it at the first level if you want. Just go to the mainland and go to the housing area, then click on the door. It doesn't cost anything for the first week, and thereafter is only 5sp. Its only a one room place but you can upgrade later if you want.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984
    Originally posted by Thrift

So I bought EQ2 and I love it.. Im a lvl 6 so far gnomw wizard and while questing around in Freeport someone in general chat said that after a quest you get a small appartment as a reward for 7s a day. Wondering what is the level I have to be to be able to get this quest, Im excited for owning a house.

This is not so anymore. In the past there was a starter quest after the Colony (starter island) and it was about citizenship. On that way you got a room and some furniture. Nowadays you just go and rent one.  I think you still get a table and a chandelier for free.

• DarthHoobDarthHoob Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by eugam

Originally posted by Thrift

This is not so anymore. In the past there was a starter quest after the Colony (starter island) and it was about citizenship. On that way you got a room and some furniture. Nowadays you just go and rent one.  I think you still get a table and a chandelier for free.

When you first get to your main starter city seek out the npc in front of the Inn. If your in Qeynos or Freeport every small district will have an Inn keeper (every city except the ones labelled north, south, east, west and harbor). The cities Kelethin, Neriak, and Gorowyn all have just one Inn keeper.

The Inn keeper npc does not have a quest flag over they're head anymore, but if you hail them they will give you advice about housing & give a small quest that'll will reward you with a market board, table, chandelier, and mirror when you zone into your new inn room for the first time.

As for citizenship, that only comes into play if you either move to another city, or do the betrayal questline.

Currently returned to Norrath after disliking Hyboria.