Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth the time?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I've played UO, EQ, EQOA, FFXI, WoW, Guildwars.. and currently played EQ2, SWG.. thinking about trying vanguard.

But before I do.. I was reading these forums.. and realizing why I play MMO's. "PVP" I am enjoying the old school world pvp mentality of EQ2, and I am liking SWG because its not the standard fantasy fare. But, everytime I think about it.. something about DAOC just won't let me go. I had never played it until i tried the trial a few months ago. I thought it was fun, but kept hearing about how it was dead and/or dying. But everytime i come to forums to check up on it.. it still seems to be kicking. I'm wondering if DAOC will be like EQ and UO and will just have this niche of players who ALWAYS play no matter what else comes out.

I am not really looking forward to any of these new mmo's because they've really killed what I loved about old school mmo's and catered to the new breed of  "make it so easy a baby could play it" mentality.

I was also talking about trying Vanguard and doing the whole station pass thing. But, I keep hearing that its more or less EQ with better graphics... is this true?

Is DaOC worth going back to? gah.... so many choices

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Simple answer is yes.  The population is fine and stable over the last several months. Many people are coming back to daoc as there is currently a MMORPG void. WoW is burning people out, and there is no game releasd that is of WoW calibre, new games are not due for another few months.

Alsio, you already gave your own answer. You played the trial, and you found that DAoC was fun. I say, stick with what you know and give DAOC a try.

Good Luck

Torrential

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

Originally posted by Czzarre

Simple answer is yes.  The population is fine and stable over the last several months. Many people are coming back to daoc as there is currently a MMORPG void. WoW is burning people out, and there is no game releasd that is of WoW calibre, new games are not due for another few months.
    Alsio, you already gave your own answer. You played the trial, and you found that DAoC was fun. I say, stick with what you know and give DAOC a try.
    Good Luck
    Torrential

To add to Czzarre's post, If you want PvP, DAoC has hands down the best PvP setup of any game ever made, you will not find a more skilled challenge in any MMO to date. You wanna kill players get the game choose a side and then go to War.

You need any help just send me a private message I will answer anything you need.