Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds' Sweepstakes: Get Your Likeness in the Game!

DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

Here's the news announcement at Gateworld. They will be showing codes with each new episode of Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi channel.

"Beginning January 11, 2008, viewers of Stargate Atlantis will receive a "gate code" which, when registered at the contest Web site, will enter the user into a contest that will put the winner's image or likeness into the video game."

The Official Contest Site.

Good Luck!

Stargate Worlds

Comments

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

What if the game turns out badly?

Think of how you would feel knowing that you were immortalized forever in a game that people loathe. The poster boy for a game that makes SWG look like a national treasure. Imagine being KOS in real life to all the dissapointed stargate nerds who were patiently awaiting their dream MMO and were delivered a steaming pile.............

Sorry my friend but its just too big a risk to take. I am going to pass on this one.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• BillyBoy2BillyBoy2 Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by starman999

Think of how you would feel knowing that you were immortalized forever in a game that people loathe. The poster boy for a game that makes SWG look like a national treasure. Imagine being KOS in real life to all the dissapointed stargate nerds who were patiently awaiting their dream MMO and were delivered a steaming pile.............

Sorry my friend but its just too big a risk to take. I am going to pass on this one.

Dumbest post ever.

Who wouldn't want to be "immortalized" in a video game?  And who would possibly care if it's a bad game or not?  Having bragging rights of being in a game is cool as heck.

• sh4dowst4lkrsh4dowst4lkr Member Posts: 208

True, to be Immortalized,  famous or even infamous without harming anyone is cool,

And  it doesn't matter if the game sucks at least it will be a modern day stargate game that was actually released.

But for anyone whos isn't from North America and can't see the eps and get the codes how gay is that,

That's pretty Hard Gay!

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604

Originally posted by BillyBoy2

Dumbest post ever.

No, that was one of the funniest posts I've read.  If you can't smell the sarcasm coming through your screen, you need a new monitor.

Good one, starman999

• sh4dowst4lkrsh4dowst4lkr Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by tman5

Originally posted by BillyBoy2

Dumbest post ever.

No, that was one of the funniest posts I've read.  If you can't smell the sarcasm coming through your screen, you need a new monitor.

Good one, starman999

Ofcoarse I see the sarcasm now... the game will never fail and will be awesome(nah it will I'm not being sarcastic, lol), well it better be oor else I'm going to do some serious flaming, man I hate seeing good ideas fail. I wont give any examples like SWG or Vangaurd, I just think some games could have been done better.

hehe, L4ters.