Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shaiya online forum/listing

RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

Needs to be added. It's a real game and it plays well.

Comments

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Yup its a f2p game in open beta that isent on here...

I think we really should have it by now seeing we have been posting ads of it all the time

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Click here to learn how to get a game added to our list!

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235
    Originally posted by Taera

Sorry but I will pass, as it is your responsibility as a "supposed" MMORPG news site, to be searching out all these games in advance and bringing them to our attention, not the other way around. I have made all the effort I care to.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by RedwoodSap

Sorry but I will pass, as it is your responsibility as a "supposed" MMORPG news site, to be searching out all these games in advance and bringing them to our attention, not the other way around. I have made all the effort I care to.

In other words, it's the games devs that are responsible for asking for their game to be listed here and forums made after meeting the requirements. So, go tell the devs of Shaiya, and maybe they will request it. Unless that's too much effort for this game you like so much you think it should be here.

Also, listing a game and reporting news on it are two different things. I don't really see where the attitude was called for.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by Zorvan

In other words, it's the games devs that are responsible for asking for their game to be listed here and forums made after meeting the requirements. So, go tell the devs of Shaiya, and maybe they will request it. Unless that's too much effort for this game you like so much you think it should be here.

Also, listing a game and reporting news on it are two different things. I don't really see where the attitude was called for.

Maybe they havent greased the wheels well enough yet for MMORPG.COM. And I dont like your attitude about his attitude, so were all squared away.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Arcken

Originally posted by Zorvan

Maybe they havent greased the wheels well enough yet for MMORPG.COM. And I dont like your attitude about his attitude, so were all squared away.

Sometimes I wonder why all you guys who cry about MMORPG.COM being on the take bother to come here at all, since the site is apparently so far beneath your acceptable standards.

And my attitude is non-negotiable, so it really wouldn't matter anyway who likes it and who don't. I wasn't the one asking , actually demanding is a better word, someone to do something and then throwing attitude when they responded.

Originally posted by Zorvan Originally posted by RedwoodSap

It's the game's devs who are responsible? I disagree.

If a MMORPG news site isn't proactive in providing the most complete list of MMOs then it fails. I provided a lead, and the response I get is to jump through more hoops, hence the well deserved attitude. I don't care enough about any game, to do that.

Anyways I will play semantics with you and bite on your response of "reporting news" about Shaiya Online. Please link any news article by MMORPG.com on Shaiya Online. I see none and the game was in production for 2 years and is currently in open beta, but has essentially been released.

I think that supports Arcken's suggestion about greasing the wheels to get recognized.

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Anyways I will play semantics with you and bite on your response of "reporting news" about Shaiya Online. Please link any news article by MMORPG.com on Shaiya Online. I see none and the game was in production for 2 years and is currently in open beta, but has essentially been released.
    I think that supports Arcken's suggestion about greasing the wheels to get recognized.
    Actually, the reason that we ask for the company's help in listing the game is pretty simple: It is easier for us to add a game with the company's help and assets that they can and do provide. We also like to establish a dialogue at the time of listing, as this makes future communication much easier.

In the case of Shaiya, I have been in contact with them for some time and we have been working through the steps that it takes to get the game listed. ie: You will see it up soon.

I would also like to point out that we rely primarily on volunteers for a good portion of content on this site. Those of us who are employees have other tasks to complete to keep this site running properly. While we try to keep on top of new and upcoming games, This was has, until now, slipped through our fingers. It happens sometimes, and that's regrettable. That's why we ask for anyone's help who can and will give it when it comes to bringing new games to our attention.

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

Originally posted by Stradden

Actually, the reason that we ask for the company's help in listing the game is pretty simple: It is easier for us to add a game with the company's help and assets that they can and do provide. We also like to establish a dialogue at the time of listing, as this makes future communication much easier.

In the case of Shaiya, I have been in contact with them for some time and we have been working through the steps that it takes to get the game listed. ie: You will see it up soon.

I would also like to point out that we rely primarily on volunteers for a good portion of content on this site. Those of us who are employees have other tasks to complete to keep this site running properly. While we try to keep on top of new and upcoming games, This was has, until now, slipped through our fingers. It happens sometimes, and that's regrettable. That's why we ask for anyone's help who can and will give it when it comes to bringing new games to our attention.

Fair enough. I wish Taera would have just checked with someone and replied, "it's in the works". I am not bagging on her per say, I think she is doing a wonderful job overall, but it irks me that games are listed here which IMO are not real MMORPGs, like Hellgate and GW, because all they have are massive hubs, and therefore are just single player games with a multiplayer option, yet other games that do ascribe to the true MMORPG model, are seemingly ignored because they aren't popular.

Please search out those less known MMORPGs for us. We might discover a gem and be very grateful.

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

We have no limit on how many games we cover; having a "popular" game on the site doesn't mean we have to or will neglect the smaller ones.  I'm a big fan and supporter of smaller/indie titles, and I know the rest of the team is, too!

My suggestion of checking out the FAQ is a joint attempt to help you, the user, and us, the administrators.  I want to make sure that your voices are heard while also making sure that we don't need to check 50 forums, emails, and games list comments for tips on new or overlooked titles ;)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com