Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima X: Odyssey: Game Cancelled

13»

Comments

• EnlilEnlil Member Posts: 1

UO died at the release of the renaissance expansionThe introduction to Trammel to the land of Brittania completely ruined UO.  It stripped Brittania of the excitement of not knowing wether you were going to be killed by a red whenever and wherever you traveled, the freedom to roam all the lands(with my red char) wether it be Malas or T2A.  That ruined the magic of the game.  It lost all it's excitemnet.

• PinkPink Member Posts: 19

that sure is too bad -- sorry for all the folks who were anticipating this release

EA sucks  image

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
    Alpha: FreeWorld
    Beta: no MMOs
    Playing: Earth and Beyond (RIP EnB)
    Interested: WoW, Vendetta, Universe Unlimited

World of Warcraft Community Forum
    http://www.wickedwow.com/forums
    So Wicked, it's good.

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

if you go back and look into games EA has had a hand in theres more then just the 4 metioned that EA has throw away. dont blame origin as EA took them over. EA is the problem they want money money money and they want it 2 yrs ago or its hit the door. UO is still going, but a lot dont play as much anymore and a lot left with each xpansion to the game. i left it soon after they but GGS (garintee gains system) into effect. that made all the work long time gamers did worthless as you could lvl any skill fast now. ive said before i wouldnt get another EA game, but i was hoping UXO would be good and i was looking forward to it more then any game coming out except Vanguard. i just hope EA doesnt get involed in it

• autodestructautodestruct Member Posts: 5
    Doesnt surprise me in the least.. whats that 3 MMORPGS in a yr and a bit.  Pretty sad if you ask me for any company, not surprisingly was done by EA.  Watch out TSO fans your next, Mark My Words!!

• MDruidMDruid Member Posts: 82

Another one bites the dust, I had a feeling it would collapse,I maen it is so different from Ultima Onlin,e besdies I don't think Ultima was menat to be in 3d.

Guns don't kill people, idiots do!
    My Website
    MDruid Comics

• StarkillerStarkiller Member Posts: 50

TheMagickDoll
    Hopefully someday, I will find that MMORPG I have always been looking for.
    good luck with that, i expect more MMORPG's they want us to play!

--
    just my 2 cents

--
    just my 2 cents

• harwinharwin Member Posts: 6

Conspiracy... they announce game to show market will be too saturated by big players this will prevent other potential game Co. even trying to enter the mmo market. :) Its like reserving a market spot.  Maybe they were bought by Sony or Blizzard to do that.. hmm

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Look at what EA CEO gets paid. Argh!

Lawrence F Probst, III has been listed in Forbes' America's Most Powerful People.

Cash Compensation (FY March 2003)
    Salary $696,535
    Bonus $1,100,000

Latest FY other short-term comp. $0
    Latest FY other long-term comp. $810
    Latest FY long-term incentive payout $0
    Total $1,797,345

Stock Options (FY March 2003)
    Number of options Market value
    exercised 260,000 $13,723,593
    unexercised 1,446,600 $54,766,097
    unexercisable 793,400 $5,289,129
    Total 2,500,000 $73,778,819

サ ー ス ベ ン
    imageimage

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

*another one bites the dust*

I find this quite funny because my friend told me this game was cancelled 2 weeks ago, and i said "No, you mean Warhammer Online. UXO doesn't cancel for another 2 weeks" and i was actually right image.

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
    Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Originally posted by Sir-Sven
    Look at what EA CEO gets paid. Argh!

oh boy...if i would get that much money, i would not care either, what my company would be doing... :)

--
    just my 2 cents

--
    just my 2 cents

• Goober2k3Goober2k3 Member Posts: 76

Well for people perma banned from Ultima Online that was incredibley gay. I have all my redit cards blocked by EA... Guess ill never play A Ultima Game agian.

Rage/Enos

Rage/Enos

Originally posted by Goober2k3
    Well for people perma banned from Ultima Online that was incredibley gay. I have all my redit cards blocked by EA... Guess ill never play A Ultima Game agian.

How did you manage that? I guess pissing off a GM doesn't do the trick, did you try to hack them or what?

--
    just my 2 cents

--
    just my 2 cents

• r1tualr1tual Member Posts: 559

I gave up on Origin a long time ago.  Right around the time the Wing Commander team left them.  Origin joining EA was one of the saddest days in my life.  Even 5-10 years ago when EA didnt have such a bad rep (but still pretty bad).  It was just economics and I seen right through it.  And look at where Origin is now.

I think we missed out on alot of great games because of EA.   All to confirm into this economic marketing bs of go where potentially the customer base is,   and suck them dry little by little and conserve our talents.

Whatever this is why I have never played UI and never will.  Its not even the original Origin.  And look 10 years later and they put out better games in the early 90's compared to the late 90's.  Because Origin split.

• DoughBoiDoughBoi Member Posts: 3

::::27:: This burn me up so badly. After all the time waiting for this game, and actually supporting the creation of this game. It gets pulled out of the battle. Man it was an unbelievable game. Alot of potential. Down the drain again. Hey they might try to throw UO, into a new lvl, but dam. Time waiting this one GONe.

• VesnarVesnar Member Posts: 29

Personally, seeing how Ultima has gone down hill in the past three years or better, I honestly didn't see Ultima X being succssesful. EA has slowly but surely been turning UO into another diablo clone, which really annoys me. Ultima X, however a good idea, would most likely fail like the majority of 3D MMO's. What EA really needs to do to create an MMO that will generate large revenue, is create a Role Playing game that focuses on player's skills rather then on charecter skills, roleplaying action titles for example. I have yet to see that from a gaming company.

Heh, but if EA really wants to be successful, they put me at the head of their development team. image

• Van_GuardVan_Guard Member Posts: 4
    oh well...

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

It's very sad indeed, it looked like a great game. ::::21:: Oh well! No sense in being sad. We can just anticipate the next great game, let's just hope it's development is fast, and the game is great!::::02::

サ ー ス ベ ン
    imageimage

then i hope we won't run out of great games soon,
    'cause IMHO, good looking MMORPG's, with a decent skillsystem and enough Story to bond us for month or even years don't exactly grow on trees and i say we just lost one of them.

if WoW don't turn out to be what i'm looking for, i personally would feel screwed then...

--
    just my 2 cents

--
    just my 2 cents