Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

open beta rumors

2»

Comments

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

Is there not a Rumors board which you can post this on? It clearly deserves to be there, and if there isn't then i deserve a slap. ::::01::

-Farseen-

Played: UO, EQ, AO, SWG, FFXI, Shadowbane, EVE, Horizons, AC2

Current Testing: Everquest 2 (soon)

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• goliath142goliath142 Member Posts: 104

I thought the topic was open beta rumors?

As I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil BUT evil will have no choice but to FEAR ME!!!

As I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil BUT evil will have no choice but to FEAR ME!!!

• Agathos88Agathos88 Member UncommonPosts: 92

not going to happen, they announced whatsup with beta last night.

see the update i made at eq2.warcry.com about it...

Troll Shadowknight

-Prior story writer for MMORPG.com

• |MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317

Originally posted by Dezloc

Originally posted by NilParagon

Originally posted by |MaguS|
    SOE is behind on beta, They pushed it back abit, The Friends and Family stage has not even started yet, only the Internal SOE Employee beta is going on right now (anyone who works at SOE can play).

Friends and Family beta started on the 19th of June.  They have been doing internal beta testing forever.

Mid July is probably a better guess for closed beta to begin.  In SOE fashion look for 3 or 4 phases a month or so apart.  Then release.

actually moorgard  has stated that friends and family is just now about to begin, check his post on beta.

You are so wrong, Friends and Family started YESTERDAY! You know how I know? Well I can't say... NDA sorry :p

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    Someone said it best:  "ProgressQuest".  I know EQ2 is going to be a fantastic game, but for now it will be a continuous waiting experience in which minimal information will continue to be fed to us, or "ProgressQuest."

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

Originally posted by Billius8
    "Friends and family will start soon" sounds like extended alpha to me, rather than closed beta.  Okay, so end of July or August, closed Beta might begin.  September or October, open beta, then release after Thanksgiving or around Christmas.  That's my guess, anyway.  Hope I'm wrong.

They are most likly not gonna have an open beta. The game is set to release early september. The game will be too big in my opinion for people to dpwnload. And they dont really need to test for server stability because either they have enought Beta apps or they dont really need to do it after making so much MMOs they know what to expect from thier servers.

Playing: Vanguard SoH
    Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2