Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are you sure you want to play this game or return to it ?

2»

Comments

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298

Originally posted by Taram

Nevermind

It's just not worth debating. If you don't like it? Don't play. That simple.
    PS: Be on the lookout for more threads like this. Band of Brothers got their TS conversation recorded and one of their ideas is to come to MMORPG.COM (yep, they actually mentioned it specifically) and blast the game as much as possible so that they could 'get back' at CCP for being 'unfair' to them.

Goddamnit!  I come here because shit like this isn't all over these forums.  Guess I may have to start looking for new forums.

PS. Fuck BoB.  They are whiner bitches then goons. (Not all BoB.  I know alot that are good guys.)

• tsm2400tsm2400 Member Posts: 4

Wow, this whole posting sounded like a huge complaint.  I play EVE because I have fun doing so and do not mind paying the $15 a month.  If I did not like the game I would not pay.  There seems no sence in posting a huge list of complaints, and continue playing a game that you apparently do not like...

Have a great day.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by devilishlydo

But you're not posting 'actual facts,' you're posting a giant crybaby whinefest. Face it, buddy, Eve's not for everyone. If it's not for you, there are a host of other fine games to choose from.

facts?

fact - an eve dev spawned multiple t2 bpos for his, and his corp/alliances use. 

fact- this dev's bosses knew about it, shrugged their shoulders and kept on trucking.

fact- after enough irrefutable evidence was presented, the cheating dev admitted to SOME of the wrong-doing, and as an after-thought, the dev's bosses revoked the t2 bpos.  oh, the person doing the exposing? banned from eve.  not for exposing the dev; but for releasing personal information on sirmolle.  WHO, this sirmolle, also released personal information of the banned person AND requested that everyone call this person's place of business and get the guy fired.  sirmolle's punishment?  oh, he couldn't post on eve-o forums for a couple of days.

now, those are facts from ONE incident.   there are quite a number of incidents that could be listed (and can be found on this very forum, if you actually search).

eve is an ok game to play, as long as you can earn enough isk from semi-afk play to pay for timecards for your account(s).  but, as a game that YOU actually pay to play?  don't make me laugh.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by Trollstar

Originally posted by nebula2008

if they do not look like facts to you you have not been playing eve yourself.
    and eve is for everyone there is no whining in my thread there are warnings, facts to show ppl what they are signing up for.
    and if there was a space mmo i would have switched a long time ago.
    I play EVE, and your facts are all overblown with regards to the impact on the average player.  None of them have ever impacted me except the problems in Jita.  Guess what? I never go to Jita during peak hours.  Problem solved.

You created an alt/new account here strictly to bash EVE.  Such posts are seldom well received and do appear to be nothing but trolling whinefests by a disgruntled player.

BTW, there is another space mmo, SWG, maybe that would be more along the lines of something you could handle.

EVE has its flaws of course, but overall its a fine game for many gamers looking for something a bit different.

this post is lacking.  if the average player is a carebear hiding in jita; then yes, your post would have some validity.

if the average player is in a corp/alliance that owns at least one POS, and/or engages in any type of warfare; then, your post is nonfactual to the 'average' player.

there's all sorts of insanely retarded lag and desyncs in any battle of any size.  for the longest time, the "official" response WAS "oh there's no lag" "there's no desync problems"; but when BoD started complaining about it on the eve-o forums, well, ccp couldn't really say it didn't exist any longer.

to most people, the quoted post would just appear to be a viral attempt by ccp to make someone appear angry or whatever.  is that you kieron?  need a hug?

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by damian7

Originally posted by Trollstar

Originally posted by nebula2008

if they do not look like facts to you you have not been playing eve yourself.
    and eve is for everyone there is no whining in my thread there are warnings, facts to show ppl what they are signing up for.
    and if there was a space mmo i would have switched a long time ago.

I play EVE, and your facts are all overblown with regards to the impact on the average player.  None of them have ever impacted me except the problems in Jita.  Guess what? I never go to Jita during peak hours.  Problem solved.

You created an alt/new account here strictly to bash EVE.  Such posts are seldom well received and do appear to be nothing but trolling whinefests by a disgruntled player.
    BTW, there is another space mmo, SWG, maybe that would be more along the lines of something you could handle.
    EVE has its flaws of course, but overall its a fine game for many gamers looking for something a bit different.

this post is lacking.  if the average player is a carebear hiding in jita; then yes, your post would have some validity.
    if the average player is in a corp/alliance that owns at least one POS, and/or engages in any type of warfare; then, your post is nonfactual to the 'average' player.

there's all sorts of insanely retarded lag and desyncs in any battle of any size.  for the longest time, the "official" response WAS "oh there's no lag" "there's no desync problems"; but when BoD started complaining about it on the eve-o forums, well, ccp couldn't really say it didn't exist any longer.
    to most people, the quoted post would just appear to be a viral attempt by ccp to make someone appear angry or whatever.  is that you kieron?  need a hug?

The biggest problem with EVE is indeed lag/desyncs in Jita and Fleet warfare. It's obviously a problem that CCP can't fix or they would have done so long ago. The fact is the game can't handle mass blobage on a single node. It's up to the player community to discontinue the practices that lead to node crashes.

Eventually players will figure out they're not having any fun camping systems for hours only to lose it to the lag monster. It's time to stabelize 0.0 so that only skirmish battles occur. There are plenty of ways to defeat an alliance and take their space without mass blobage and warfare. BoD's success was not on the battlefield. In straight up battles i've only experience one loss to them out of many. They're strength was always espinage and sabotage which allowed them to move in and conquer.

I propose an Accord agreed on by all 0.0 alliance that calls for limits to ship types and ship numbers so that a fight is always fair and lag free. Let the best skills hold the field. It's time that EvE players start using honor and class to play the game. Blobage = no class.

• FinwolvenFinwolven Member Posts: 289

Yeeaah... This anti-blobbage-accord falls into the same category as 'no ganking neutral haulers in low-sec accord' that someone suggested in EVE-O forums a month or so ago. Lots of lofty ideas, no real appicability in real EVE (not to mention the impossibility of enforcing this with BoB and RaGoons going at each other).

So, in other words, not going to happen. Blobbing up to 300+ players is rare enough, and does offer significant advantage to the defender, so it'll keep going on. Fleet warfare isn't really as 'fun' as small group fighting, it never has been, but it's what gets things done. It's like mining ops for your alliance, only with PVP instead of popping 'roids. :)

• afroburzingafroburzing Member Posts: 71

give me a place to leave to then

• methoddmethodd Member Posts: 32

After reading through all these pages, considering all the facts, pros and cons, I've decided to play EVE Online even more. Thanks OP, your facts really encouraged me to continue playing EVE.

Have a nice day! :)

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I love this game. I love CCP. Maybe you should go try SWG and compare notes?