Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Contest Winners Announced

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Funcom has posted the results and notable entries from a recent contest that would see the winners heading to Oslo in January for a hands on look at Age of Conan.

When we started this contest, we couldn’t have anticipated the response that came in.

Hundreds and hundreds of entries poured in. Every community showed an incredible amount of enthusiasm and entries ranged from the sublimely hilarious to the awe-inspiring.  Either lots of people really love this game or lots of people really love the idea of Norway in January!

These entries were all very, very good and we liked them a lot…

It's Christmas in Hyboria!

Unlike some jolly Christmas spirits, Santa Gaute demands ransom!

An enterprising railfan found that someone has been breaking the launch date...

There's another game out there that a lot of people apparently have strong feelings about.

And, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Gaute. He lives! And he lives in Oslo. 

See the other entries here.

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

woooooohoooooooooooo!

couldn't resist!

• mach789mach789 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Woohoo for you!

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450

Amazing job, Avery. I hope you have a fun time in Norway!

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

These entries were all very, very good and we liked them a lot

Really?  Seriously???  

Damn, If this truly represents the playerbase that Funcom is trying to cultivate then AoC will be as popular as Fury and Shadowbane.  These players have obviously never read ANY of Howard's Conan stories. 

More and more this game seems to embrace the kind of cheap bastardization that was done to Tolkien's work in film and game over the decades until the Peter Jackson film and LotRO came out.   Sad.

edit: and yes Grats to Avery above for winning a trip (btw stop off in Amsterdam on the way and smoke a few bowls for me), but the general comment / observation that the game is going in the wrong direction still stands.

• kolamannenkolamannen Member Posts: 9
    Sheesh, that was some crappy stuff.
    Kinda wish I did something myself there.
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by Flummoxed

These entries were all very, very good and we liked them a lot
    Really?  Seriously???  
    Damn, If this truly represents the playerbase that Funcom is trying to cultivate then AoC will be as popular as Fury and Shadowbane.  These players have obviously never read ANY of Howard's Conan stories. 
    More and more this game seems to embrace the kind of cheap bastardization that was done to Tolkien's work in film and game over the decades until the Peter Jackson film and LotRO came out.   Sad.

edit: and yes Grats to Avery above for winning a trip (btw stop off in Amsterdam on the way and smoke a few bowls for me), but the general comment / observation that the game is going in the wrong direction still stands.
    JEBUS

they're only having a laugh. there actually not going to put christmas trees in hyborea, so stop having a paddy.

My blog: image

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

never entering the contest, or even knowing about it for that matter, i still clicked the link hoping i was a winner.

that's gotta get me at least a C or C- for effort, no ?

i'd say that's good enough for a beta invite