Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eq and wow??

momeeeeemomeeeee Member Posts: 32

wow limited timed  sessions

and

eq has no pvp

congrats on the gayest thing ever and wow is being released during summer and they making timed session who the hell are they hiring. i dont really care about wow much. cause they are trying to hit the casual gamer type more. But eq to have no pvp is really gay cant really pvp with that locked target crap. not really much "good" games come out to often to have good programers and graphics and what not the rest that are coming out are just cheap knock off type garbage.

Comments

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

EQ has proven the case. I wonder if they will have gutt to charge for expansion this time around too.

• SpetnautSpetnaut Member UncommonPosts: 61

Originally posted by HebrewBomb

EQ <==== Overhyped piece of shiit that even shiit eating dog would vomit.
    WoW <==== Don't know about it yet. Haven't played.
    EQ2 <==== If it's spiritual successor of EQ, then it deserves to be burned and their facility bombed with nuke.

SOE is God of Rip-off. EQ has proven that case. I wonder if they will have gutt to charge for expansion this time around too.

Just anther dumb ass ignorant fool who says games are shit he never played, most likely due to the fact he is 10 and cant afford monthly fees.  Wow you really are pathetic EQ had 500,000 subscribers so explain to me how the game was bad and a rip off? And all MMO's charge for expanshions you moron

Originally posted by secmanx

wow limited timed  sessions
    and
    eq has no pvp
    congrats on the gayest thing ever and wow is being released during summer and they making timed session who the hell are they hiring. i dont really care about wow much. cause they are trying to hit the casual gamer type more. But eq to have no pvp is really gay cant really pvp with that locked target crap. not really much "good" games come out to often to have good programers and graphics and what not the rest that are coming out are just cheap knock off type garbage.

EQ2 DOSE have pvp, and WOW dose NOT have limited play time after many hour of playing you get a - to XP % you just have to go to the tavern to loose this percent. lol and also how the fuck can a game be gay? usually just little 10 year old children refer to things as "gay" when infact there prolly gay them selves

The BlackHand
    "We Always Prevail"

---------------------------------------------
    The BlackHand
    "We Always Prevail"

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273
    ssounds greaat! i can't wait for WoW and EQ2 to come out, i reckon they are both gonna be great in different ways.

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680

Here is a list of reasons why Eq2 will be awsome and will blow WoW out of the water.

1.  Locked encounters:  When you engage a monster it becomes a locked encouter.  This prevents kitting, kill stealing, loot stealing, ect.  I think this is an awsome idea.

2.  Combat:  The combat in Eq2 looks simply stunning.  If you have watched some of the vidoes than you would know what i mean.

3.  Guilds:  Guilds are much more important in Eq2 than they were in Eq1.  Guilds will compete with other guilds for prestige, honor, and favor with the rulers of their city.  They are much more involved than in Eq1 where they were just names on a list.  Guilds will be able to own guild houses too.

4.  Families:  They will consist of people with the last name.  They will be important, just not as important as guilds.  You will beable to notice what family a person is in by observing their last name.

5.  Fellowships:  They will consist of a maximum of 6 people.  They will always share experiance with each other no matter where the other members are.

6.  Housing:  Players will beable to own their own housing.  From instanced appartment style housing, to massive guild mansions.  The appartment style will be easy to obtain, but the stand alone housing will mostly only be obtainable by the highest level guilds.

7.  Races:  There will be 16 playable races.  From the shortest gnome, to the tallest ogre.

8.  Classes:  There will be a total of 46 classes.  Eq2 implements a branching style, where you choose what path to take as you advance.

9.  Character customization:  Players will beable to customize their appearance with complete control.  Giving them even more options on how to make their character exactly the way they want them to be.

10.  Lore/history:  Eq2 will have an unimagianble amount of lore and history.  All of this will play an important role in gameplay and guests.

11.  NPCs with voices:  Every NPC in Eq2 will have their own voice.  NPCs will actually call out to you if they have a quest that you are capable of doing.

12.  Artisan class:  The artisan can get experiance from using their skill.  They don't have to fight a single monster ever.  They live sort of "normal" lives, having a job, and getting money from it. 

13.  Tradeskills:  Tradeskills are much more advanced and indepth in Eq2 than in any other.  Eq2 has a revolutionary system.  Instead of just click, click, click, WOOT!!! i made a sword.  You actually have to "engage" the furnace and craft your item.  You have to keep the tempreture at a right level, and you have to work with the metal to form the desired result.

14.  Two starting cities:  In Eq2 there will be only 2 starting cities, which is an awsome idea.  These will always be populated because there are only 2.  Each will have around 17 zones each, making them massive.  They will provide a hub for trading and traveling.  In most mmorpgs with many starting cities, you end up with only one or two actually being populated with people.  The others are compelety abondoned.  There are only 2 starting cities, but there are more than 2 cities, just they are alot smaller and less important.

15.  Exploration:  Exporlation will be an important factor in Eq2.  With no one knowing what happened to the rest of Norath it will be your job to explore and learn.

16.  Boats:  Boats will be the primary mode of transportation in Eq2.  Players will beable to actually naviagte boats instead of them being on a set course.  There of course will be set routes for some boats.  But players can guide some boats.  Allowing them more freedom in where they want to go.

17.  Graphics:  The graphics in Eq2 are simply amazing.  Just look at this picture:

Look at the detail, you can actually see the veins in the guy's hands and neck.

I can go on, but i won't at this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -EQ1 character:Grotub, shaman of the Tribunal server

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Oh, joy! Yet another of these posts!

Here you go, your very own award:

I AM ORIGINAL!

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    SWEET!  image

What will he do next?
  • TrytoneTrytone Member Posts: 87

I dont know anyone else but i am still yet to play a mmorpg with a good community and progressive story line, both things that are very important to me. And i blieve that WoW and EQ2 (respectively) will dissapoint in these areas as well. So sad to have a game's story be progressed by the players buying a new CD with a whopping 50 mb of content...

• n2soonersn2sooners Member UncommonPosts: 926

::::08:: ::::08:: Vanguard ::::08:: ::::08::

image image

• dback618dback618 Member Posts: 29

...............Graphics? Graphics IMO are just stupid at this point of its development. Let's face, no matter how real a game is RIGHT NOW, it looks nothing like the real world. So you can say whatever about EQ2 graphics, it's pointless. WoW has a cartoony appear, which is cool.

)@(J)JFS so whatever ~(I!

I've heard bad things about SoE, so .... I'll probably read reviews by Gamespot and Gamespy.......LOL @*(HAIFO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sleepy ~ZZzzZzz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sleepy ~ZZzzZzz

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Originally posted by Bobjones1303

Look at the detail, you can actually see the veins in the guy's hands and neck.

I can go on, but i won't at this time.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -EQ1 character:Grotub, shaman of the Tribunal server

IMO it looks pretty lame, and EQ housing will never compare to UO housing

• will200will200 Member Posts: 70
    I dont know what evryone is tlaking ablou! I'm am gonna definatly buy WOW! It's looks awesome! I think you are all insane! image

• MezzerMezzer Member Posts: 1

Eq2.... I will admit, the graphics for the game are stunning(that is as long as there is no character models, character models look like plastic shit and horribly ruin the atmosphere of the amazing  background textures) and *some(if not most)* of the monsters look  cool. The gameplay mechanics, well ill wait untill i can try them before ill judge. But since the games made bu SOE, they probly are gonna suck.

As for WoW, the game may not look AMAZING in still shots, but the SS's dont do the game justice. Once you see the game in fluid motion(and i mean the motion in the game is pheonominaly smooth and fluid) you really appreciate how much effort the Blizzard art dept put into *HAND* crafting every single zone in the game.

As for the *gayness* of the rest system, the above poster is FLAT wrong. The rest system NEVER deducts exp. From the 3 stages you get 200% exp...fight some stuff...150% exp...fightfightfight....100%.....play as long as you want... log off... 11 hours later 200% exp.

AND due to the over 1500 quests already in the BETA and the tradeskills available, the game is never a grind *cough eq cough*

So im not going to judge which game is better just yet, for i havnt played both. But WoWs got alot more going for it atm...

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

EQ2 vs WoW? Spam Forum? Well i can see this thread is going nowhere. Allow me to post some funny, rather pointless pictures....

Tee hee, that one always makes me laugh. image

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
    Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server