Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mechscape

Ultradude111Ultradude111 Member Posts: 22

So Jagex is, without a doubt in my mind, making a new game called Mechscape. Want proof? Check out all this stuff.

Proof = http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7090490.stm

MechScape Pictures! = http://www.mechscapeworld.com/pictures.htm

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

yup, i heard about this about a month ago, round about the time that site got created. Btw i think a mod should move this to the rumour section

?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

I heard about this 2 years ago...but I heard about it from people filling out applications with Jagex, apparently it mentions something of it there.

• GormandYGormandY Member Posts: 411

the bbc link has nothing to do with mechscape o_O

and anyway, I still think its really stupid... if i were them id rather improve on RS, and remove all the gay updates in the past months.

bring back pc, bring back staking, bring back trading, bring back merchanting, bring back PvP. all i can say.

Originally posted by GormandY

He probably posted it because the Geoff says they are releasing titles in 08.

?

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80

Lol! RS Chars in space suits!!  How cool would that be!! Tzok-Jad in the Tzaar Space Station!!

It better not be Java based  though....

Originally posted by K33n0

Lol! RS Chars in space suits!!  How cool would that be!! Tzok-Jad in the Tzaar Space Station!!

JAva Gaming Experts.

I believe you meant to say was browser based.

?

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

and anyway, I still think its really stupid... if i were them id rather improve on RS, and remove all the gay updates in the past months.
    bring back pc, bring back staking, bring back trading, bring back merchanting, bring back PvP. all i can say.

They're one of the largest MMOG companies in the world, and you think that they should concentrate entirely on an old, small-budget game?

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• SladelordSladelord Member Posts: 27

mechscape ya a freind told me about it i cant wait better be soon

Originally posted by AkaJetson

Originally posted by K33n0

JAva Gaming Experts.

I believe you meant to say was browser based.

Yup soz.... Shoulda Edited =p

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

whata surprise...Once jagex screws up runescape, instead of fixing it they make a new game.

GO JAGEX?

~mike480~

Originally posted by mike480

whata surprise...Once jagex screws up runescape, instead of fixing it they make a new game.
    GO JAGEX?
    ~mike480~

Well actually they've been planning/making this for about 5 years.

?

Yup the domain name (read on the link) has been purchased since somethin like a few years ago? Jagex have,(rightly so) or will be, trying their hand at a differet genre, i.e. Sci- Fi, and i think that the massive amount of players who play RuneScape or not, will flock to this game if or when it is released. People will want to try this game because they know about RS, and they know that Jagex will try to stick to the (mostly) winning formula of RuneScape. I hope so at least. When it comes out, I will definatley try it. Jagex have stuck to RS perhaps a bit too long and should try to broaden their horizons a bit.

I just thought of something...when they release this they are gonna have to employ a lot more customer support people since they dont even have enough for runescape right now.

?

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I just thought of something...when they release this they are gonna have to employ a lot more customer support people since they dont even have enough for runescape right now.

Wait..RuneScape has custamor support?

But yes, a new game always requires a nice community staff.

I think MechScape will come out in 2009 because in this article he says they are releasing a massive mmo next year.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=92934&page=2

?

• Mydnia_OMGMydnia_OMG Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by mike470

Yes... Although you can barely call it that

You're dangling me above a ravine.
    I am content: You are holding me.

Originally posted by Mydnia_OMG

Originally posted by mike470

Yes... Although you can barely call it that

I know, I was using sarcasm :D

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

They should work on improving runescape instead of making another half-baked game with loads of bugs that people will probably not like. Anyways, runescape needs to be fixed badly.

Jagex get a clue, fix runescape and stop making pointless games. Listen to the people who play your game. Geez, and put back customer support.

Btw, I think they are still working on mechscape since the domain name mechscape.com was registered to Jagex.

• dafuzzledafuzzle Member Posts: 160

I don't see this as being a half-baked game since the domain name for it has been purchased years ago, so it's had its time to develop.  I just don't hope they screw up a potentially good game and have a pk system like the wildy because we all know how much we loved it.

It should be interesting to see how Jagex handles RWTers.  They shouldn't do the same thing they did to Runescape.

• ellomateellomate Member Posts: 19

Amen to that (but it would still suck).

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

Jagex could make some decent money by firing all the Customer Suport staff. They could of course keep a few people around there for the paying customers but having Customer Suport for a free service is a totally waste of resources. Besides that the Free support of the RuneScape game is null, it's like talking to an Irc Bot that spams the same message a trillion times.