Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM corruption, just got perma banned for the hell of it

2»

Comments

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

A good precentage of people here obviously have not played eve much. If that is all the Op did , the GM should be banned for being a noob.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• DJDizzyDJDizzy Member Posts: 119

uhm isnt griefing allowed?

Your culture will adapt to serve us.
    Resistance is futile

• BearmugBearmug Member CommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by DJDizzy

uhm isnt griefing allowed?

No. Scamming is allowed as long as it is not using an exploit. Griefing is not allowed.

• BahemothBahemoth Member Posts: 126

I say petition the GMs for escalation. Your scam is a legit one within the games mechanics. unless ofcourse theres something your not telling us.

as for the people flaming him with "good riddance" crap i request you please stop asmuch as some of us dont like scamming its a valid tactic within the game (thats the way he chooses to play who are we to judge)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Jetrpg

A good precentage of people here obviously have not played eve much. If that is all the Op did , the GM should be banned for being a noob.

The key word being "IF."  Odds are pretty good it was more than that.

Actually, I don't care, if it was unfair its fine by me.  Although scamming is legal in EVE (so is kill stealing in some other MMO's) it isn't "right" and I find anyone who practices it contemptible and deserving of whatever grief they receive regardless of the reason.

While scamming is legal, it isn't "right," and I always try to take the moral high ground when I play MMORPG's.

No different than gankers who kill noobs, (legal yes, but right, no) or people who mis-list things on the the WOW AH hoping people will make a mistake, its morally wrong and I could care less what happens to the accounts of those folks. Ban them all, I say.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

Another omg i got banned for saying hi thread.

You mentioned you were perma banned before so breaking the ToS of the game and we're supposed to have sympathy for you.

Listen bud, Eve online is a pretty tolerant gaming world and you have to do some pretty blatent violations to get banned.

I'm going to take a really wild guess that we're hearing 1/10th of the story here.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Rekindle this assumes he even subbed to EvE. For all we know he made this all up.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• revinorrevinor Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Bahemoth

as for the people flaming him with "good riddance" crap i request you please stop asmuch as some of us dont like scamming its a valid tactic within the game (thats the way he chooses to play who are we to judge)

Well, maybe a drug dealing, children prostitution, sending nigerian spam and teleevangelism are valid tactics in some countries in real world, but I still don't like people doing it.

Fact that something is legal somewhere doesn't mean I'm not allowed to hate it and it doesn't mean I cannot be happy when such person gets into trouble. Even for things not related to original activity (vide Al Capone).

• natauschnatausch Member Posts: 56

Another "I'm a pirate, I should be allowed to be a jerk and nobody should ever gang-tap me or lay a rat trap for me" post.

You are free to scam, you are free to trick newbs, you are free to do anything you want within the game mechanics, but this does not mean that other players are obligated to have sympathy for you.

In fact, if you game style is at odds with the game play of other players they will actually dislike you.

That said, renaming a ship shouldn't be a bannable offense, there had to be some other part we're not hearing like someone detected his scam and let people know in local what the situation was resulting in him flying off the handle.

• AkousmataAkousmata Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by rubydragon5

GM Q just perma banned my account for scamming people In jita.
    Whether people like scammers or not,  it has been noted by CCP on numerous occasions Scamming is part of the game as long as I dont break any rules.
    He claims my scamming caused people greif therefor
    Violating ingame rules...

Seems the GM's can rewrite the rules as they chose to
    any time they want.

Actually, yes they can.  I've never played an MMO where EULA didn't clearly state that a GM can perma-ban you for basically any reason whatsoever. 

They can't legally do it for "any reason" and still stand up in court, but the ban is left up to the GM's discretion as to whether or not you violated the terms of the EULA.  It sounds as though you did, therefore, the GM decided (to his discretion) that you violated the terms of your agreement. 

Quit your whining and learn to play by the rules. 

I never understood why people feel it's necessary to push boundaries as far as they can when it comes to EULA agreements, and then whine about it when the company holds up their end of the bargain.  If you don't want to risk getting banned from a game, don't push your luck.... PERIOD!

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Ok scamming is allowed in EvE but in the generall eve community its not often someone admits to doing this [unless its a corp that has a anything goes polocy to non corp members]. Mainly because noone likes being scammed and trust is a valuable commodaty in EvE for the above reason.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

My scamming didnt break any rules of the game mechanics at all.

I have already sent a email to kieron and wrangler about this.

But in all honestly even if they unban my account again,  Im not sure if i want to come back.

I don't want to take the chance of playing for another year committing hours a day to the game and having it all pulled from me for a 3rd time...

I rather go somewhere with a fresh start.

• revinorrevinor Member Posts: 9

But in all honestly even if they unban my account again,  Im not sure if i want to come back.

Please don't.

In fact, stay out of MMORPGs if possible. Staying out of life is probably too much to expect.

• AkousmataAkousmata Member Posts: 72

I don't want to take the chance of playing for another year committing hours a day to the game and having it all pulled from me for a 3rd time...

The point isn't that scamming isn't against the EULA.  The point is that a GM (under his own discretion, again look at the wording in the EULA) determined your actions to violate the terms and agreements of the game thereby giving him the right to ban you. 

You could be a perfect angel, or Satan himself who's gotten banned 50 times from the game and the EULA agreement would still be the same. 

All they are doing is holding up their end of the bargain to the rest of the community.

• remusus03remusus03 Member UncommonPosts: 88

if he had chekced the info ...do u think he would got scaammed?

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Great, can I have your stuff then? 

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Taram

Great, can I have your stuff then? 

Hey, I'm new to the game. I need it more!!

• MoghidinMoghidin Member UncommonPosts: 96

From what it looks, it's a perfectly legal scam. The person who falls for it can blame only his stupidity. It's hard to believe the GM banned you for something that is being attempted all the time. There's more to this story, stuff that you don't want to tell us.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Ahhhh...   I get it...   your another pissed off BoB member...

imageimage

• LordSicLordSic Member Posts: 142

For those that dont know. At any one time you can look on the market and find literally 100's of scams in the jita system alone. Lots of people do this as a form of income. It is totally within the rules of the game.

With that being said it takes a certain person to pray on the new players which makes up the majority of the people scammed.. I personally think it's the lowest form of player in the EvE galaxy.

In closing the story we got is ALMOST DEFINATLY not the whole story. They don't ban for what he described.. My guess is that in the least there was some serious words exchanged. As someone else posted theres a reason hes posting here and i have to agree.. This is about drumming up PR and getting sympathy from people who don't play the game and/or don't know any better .. Me? i can smell his story over here in New York :)

• remusus03remusus03 Member UncommonPosts: 88

If  ya dont want to get scammed in EVE ...all u need to do is Open ur eyes a little wider next time and spend atleast one minute identifying wat ur in need rather then 10 secs and buying it off

• cwjmnwln9cwjmnwln9 Member Posts: 1

Methinks there is something more to this story.

Otherwise the OP would have contacted [email protected] (think t hat's the email that Kieron always plasters all over forums when people start griping about GM decisions) and raised it with them instead of coming here and crying foul on the forums.  There are in-game mechanics to deal with unfair GM decisions.  Hell you can appeal all the way up to lead GM's if you feel the need. 

To summarise:  I don't believe the OP.  There is more to this story than he's telling.

• T855NKEWT855NKEW Member Posts: 1

When someone says, particularly an adult, "for no reason", my eyes glaze over and I tune out.  For anyone other than a 3 year old to use the excuse "for no reason" is an insult to our intelligence, boarder line personal attack.  From there, sympathy drains from me and is replaced with the overwhelming urge to kick them to death.