Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omens of war....

tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Anyone know besides the look what the upgraded epics are gonna do...

and what the level cap is gonna ride too....

and how the task and stuff will work?

Uilwen
Waiting for
Everquest 2
World of warcraft
Half-life 2
Guild wars

Currently playing
Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

---------------------------------------------
WoW
-Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
-Rhalon 81 UD Mage
-Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

Comments

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794
    Anyone have a clue?

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Currently playing
    Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
    DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    All I know is the new epic quests ought to be real easy to do once EQ2 comes out and the EQ servers are far less populated.  This will greatly reduce the problem of constesting a camped spawn with another player.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I hadn't really thought about it, but I wonder if the epic 2.0 quests will be more like the berserker epic in EQLive:

The first fight is triggered. The second is a solo instanced fight. The third is a dragon that spawns/despawns daily (every EQ day) in Dagnor's Cauldron. The fourth is an imp in Fear that spawns from scarelings. (At first it would pop randomly from any scareling, but that was messing up the zone for everyone when it happened out of the blue, so now it spawns an enraged imp that spawns the epic named when you kill it.) The fifth is the only part that involves actual camping-- you have to combine three drops from Emerald Jungle, Stonebrunt, and Toxx... all from level 50ish mobs. The one in Toxx spawns commonly enough that we killed it twice waiting for the rest of our group to arrive. (We were doing the giant skeleton for Signet of Grisk/Fleshweaver's Mark for a few people.) The one in Emerald Jungle is supposed to be the pain in the butt, and might take a few hours, they say. (But that hardly seems like the trial it was for me to get the decrepit hide from the OLD Hate, back in the day. My SK spent so much time in Hate that Innoruuk claimed her on his taxes. And when I got it, it was sheer luck that I won the /ran.) The last fight is another one that is triggered, and involves a timed fight of waves of mobs.

Granted, there aren't that many berserkers out there right now, but it seems that this newer style of epic design means less fighting over drops and spawns. I imagine that will be carried forward into the newer epics. The only problem I see is that they are designed for the high end game. Does that mean Time/GoD equipped? Some people are still working on getting to that point. I don't have a problem with that, but some people will inevitably whine because they feel they are being "punished" for not playing enough.

~*~
    neschria

This is where I draw the line: __________________.