Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Offended Me.

2»

Comments

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Actually. The reason why they have such little crime is because their punishment is alot harsher, strict, and more prompt then the US.

Polite, yes, maybe. But if that was just a visit. And you didnt actually live there, pick up the culture, etc. Then I doubt you can make an observation if they were honorable or not. Yes. Mine was just an assumption, but, you take into calculations of western influence. You'll assume thats what has happend. I may be wrong. I dunno. But if you just took a visit there, you may as well.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• zeroskaterzeroskater Member Posts: 176

perosnally i would rather die with honour than die without it ..
    the japanese are a great people for following this pattern of thought . if someone was to come up to me with a knife or somethin then i would grab my own weapon and start smashing it into his face .. if he comes up to me with his fists then i will beat his face in with my own set of knuckles.
    guns are just lame . if someone is chargeing at you with a sword and you pulled out a hand gun and blew his head in what dchance did he have ...
    none , fight like a man / woman or dont fight at all .

1,2 buckle my shoe 3,4 knock on the door 5,6 pick up sticks
    7,8 GO AND SKATE !

without life we'd be dead.

• zeroskaterzeroskater Member Posts: 176

oh yeah and too the guy who said that everyone will show up with lodes of people with baseball bats and knives etc ... i know ppl who wouldnt and i know that they would show up and fight it out with some kind of dignity .. i see where your comeing from becouase i know ppl who dont do this and would get their boys down and start kickin your ass all at the same time ... but if you get into a fight with someone then take some sort of weapon just in case ... if they show up with many ppl then you take as many down with you as you can before you go . .. if they fight unfairly .. you have the right to pull anything you want . personally tho i would take down as many as i could with whatever skill i have .

1,2 buckle my shoe 3,4 knock on the door 5,6 pick up sticks
    7,8 GO AND SKATE !

without life we'd be dead.

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

first off change your font so we can read what your saying. next ill use anything as a weapon i can when fighting, be it a stick, gun, teeth, or knife. when growing up and then as a Marine i learned fast dont give the other person a chance. hit first and hit hard and do what it takes to either put him down or out.

for some of those who say they would fight fair in a war and if a man came with just fist they would do same, i hope you have been in a war and can state that. if not then until your in a war and faced with another person trying to kill you, you dont know what you would really do. i for one do know what i would do as i fought in the Nam and like i said i did what it took to get home alive.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by flabair
    first off change your font so we can read what your saying. next ill use anything as a weapon i can when fighting, be it a stick, gun, teeth, or knife. when growing up and then as a Marine i learned fast dont give the other person a chance. hit first and hit hard and do what it takes to either put him down or out. for some of those who say they would fight fair in a war and if a man came with just fist they would do same, i hope you have been in a war and can state that. if not then until your in a war and faced with another person trying to kill you, you dont know what you would really do. i for one do know what i would do as i fought in the Nam and like i said i did what it took to get home alive.

That is just it...

If the other guy shows up bare handed, then we are settling the fight like men. Who can kick the shit out of the other without someone getting seriously hurt. Now, if that is not the intention of the other person, or if a weapon comes out, all bets are off. It is survival of the fittest, and I will pull my gun everytime.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Originally posted by Finwe

Actually. The reason why they have such little crime is because their punishment is alot harsher, strict, and more prompt then the US.
    Polite, yes, maybe. But if that was just a visit. And you didnt actually live there, pick up the culture, etc. Then I doubt you can make an observation if they were honorable or not. Yes. Mine was just an assumption, but, you take into calculations of western influence. You'll assume thats what has happend. I may be wrong. I dunno. But if you just took a visit there, you may as well.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

A visit?  I said I lived there for over a year, thats hardly a visit.  And their laws are not more strict than the US.  Its shameful to commit crimes, if you do no one will associate themselves with you.  Just stop now Finwe, you dont have any clue what your talking about.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Originally posted by TaskyZZ

It all depends on the situation.
    You throw a punch at me and I will proceed to kick your ass.
    You pull a weapon on me, and out comes my 9mm and you die.
    So, think twice before you pull a weapon on somebody. You don't want to bring a knife or bat to a gun fight... That would suck for you.

Stop sounding like a faggot.  I'll whoop your ass with or without a gun. 

Anyone who has to pull a gun is a little pussy ass bitch in my eyes.  If you can't get your ass kicked like a person should... then shit... I have all the right to say what I want to them.

What will he do next?

Originally posted by Djin
    Originally posted by TaskyZZ
    It all depends on the situation.
    You throw a punch at me and I will proceed to kick your ass.
    You pull a weapon on me, and out comes my 9mm and you die.
    So, think twice before you pull a weapon on somebody. You don't want to bring a knife or bat to a gun fight... That would suck for you.Stop sounding like a faggot. I'll whoop your ass with or without a gun.
    Anyone who has to pull a gun is a little pussy ass bitch in my eyes. If you can't get your ass kicked like a person should... then shit... I have all the right to say what I want to them.image

LOL

OK, sorry. Didn't realize we were talking about the 5th grade...

Is the recess bell ringing? You better get moving along.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

All I'm saying to you is this.  Someone who has to bring a gun to a fight is an idiot.

That's all.  I have no idea where you got this 5th grader crap from.  You seem to be this little punk ass kid who thinks he's tought shit because he talks about guns...

What will he do next?

No.

I am an adult who carries a handgun for personal protection. I don't bring a gun, it is already there, strapped to my hip. When you grow up, you will quit getting in fist fights. Kids have fist fights, not intelligent adults.

When confronted with a situation where someone is pulling a weapon on me, I will kill them. It is a fact. I am not trying to talk tough.

If someone attacks me with their bare hands, it is not enough just cause to use a weapon, so I would fight back with my hands or attempt to get away from the confrontation.

The 5th grade comment stemmed from the name calling.

As far as someone bringing a gun to fight being an idiot. If that fght involves weapons and you don't bring a gun, you are the idiot.

When you are walking down the street and a mugger decides he is going to rob you and possibly harm you, he is not going to be using his bare hands. He is going to have a weapon.

I am not talking about getting into a fight with my friend and going to fisticuffs in the backyard. That is where fighting fair comes in. :)

Originally posted by ramadin

A visit?  I said I lived there for over a year, thats hardly a visit.  And their laws are not more strict than the US.  Its shameful to commit crimes, if you do no one will associate themselves with you.  Just stop now Finwe, you dont have any clue what your talking about.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

Whats that have to do with honor? Any schmut with half a brain knows its shameful to do something immoral. What that has to do with honor is beyond me....

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• ReverendDanReverendDan Member Posts: 115

To me, this one all depends on what kind of fight we're talking about.

If we're talking about fighting for the survival of yourself or someone you love, then honesty just doesn't come into it. Honor doesn't come into it. You take whatever comes to hand and do whatever it takes. Especially as I'm not exactly Vin Diesel, being underhand and sneaky causes me no problems whatsoever.

If we're talking about fighting for *any* other reason, then hand-to-hand it should be. If you're not fighting for survival then why are you using something designed to kill people? And honor should come into it at this point too, although it seldom does: none of the 8-on-1 crap so beloved of scum everywhere.

Unfortunately, the world isn't that fair a place so, um... do whatever you want and choose your own standards I guess. The kind of half-idealism I think in terms of could probably get me killed. ::::15::

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Cleaned up punchline of a politically incorrect joke

"...So they walk out the back door to the alley and the honest guy puts up his fists ready for the fight.

'Just like a fuckin' dumb honest man! Bringin' fists to a gunfight' says the drunk."

---------
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    Thomas Jefferson

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KuzzleKuzzle Member Posts: 1,058

I don't know why anyone would have trouble with this font, I didn't change it, I only made it a tiny bit bigger.

I feel that a tazer or other "stunning" weapon should be sufficient in a fight that would end in harm but will probably not end in death. For instance; I would think it fine for me to tazer someone who could obviously beat the crap out of me if they started a fight.

Also, why the hell can so many people not get this? He said any fight between two people in which (Even if they both have weapons.) is dishonest. I made it clear and posted it twice.

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

I liked the good old days. 2 people got pissed puched and kicked, one lost, one won. The loser when home and got over it, no one died. Just bruised egos.

So one night my budy goes to McDonalds and some kids are blocking the drive through, he politly asks him to move and they drag him out of his truck and attack him. He lucked out 2 of his friends were inside and came out to assist. it was then 10 on 3, and the 3 of them beat the piss of of the little shits. The kids who lost in turn got wepons and wanted vengence. The event eventually blew over but my buddy was carrying a pice as protection for a while cause these shits kept saying they had guns and they were gonna kill him (rumors and voice mail messages they left for him). So it's over and done with now. Just sad that 10 kids start the fight, lose and can't accept it...

In a 1 on 1 street fight, yea I've been in plenty, punch, kick, bang there heads on the curb. But I gotta agree, you have a disagreement and feel you need to fight, go hand to hand. Don't be a punk and point a knife or gun at someone cause you don't like what they are saying.

Of course the best way to go is just to ignore him and walk away... Of course sleeping with his girlfriend also sounds like fair retrobution image

Hrm. So they just attacked him because he asked them to politely move?

Shame he wasnt able to blow em away right then and there, talk about a cancerous sort they sound.

• BildgeratBildgerat Member Posts: 85

I will say one thing,

I am not sure of any of you have faced actually Killing somone but I have and no matter how or what you have to do it with it is not pleasent and it stays with you forever.  I would say that no matter what the situation or weapon as long as you can walk away from it alive you are lucky.

In todays world we have too many cowards that cat face issues and problems face to face so they rely on the pain of others to make theres less and this is a vicious circle.

The only reason I will fight, weapon or not is to protect my family and home, NO ONE can say anything to me to make me resort to physical violance unless it is a threat to the family I love.

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

lol, violence perpetuates violence my friend. The problem would have better avoided if someone just stoped there parents from breeding in the first place :)

But seriously, thats all that happened, he just in a nice tone asked them to please move. He didn't even honk. I'm glad they got thier asses kicked. Was just sorry I missed it.

Originally posted by Sketch

lol, violence perpetuates violence my friend.

Cut off the tumor and it cant grow! Well....It may.....But it makes it shrink down...

Woo, that gives me an idea. Violent teen offenders should be drafted, gets them out of our way and into someone elses. of course... It's just a spur of the moment thought. image

Woo, that gives me an idea. Violent teen offenders should be drafted, gets them out of our way and into someone elses. of course... It's just a spur of the moment thought. imageimage

They used to do that. In the Army, we had a cadence that we used to sing that had a line that said "Go to war or go to jail". Joining the Army use to be an alternative that judges would offer instead of a jail sentance. But it wasn't for violent crimes. More like Marijuana possession and stuff...

Interesting, that I didn't know. But who would wan't damn dirty peace lubbin hippy in a fox hole with them? image (Before some of u decide to flame, that was a joke)

Interesting, that I didn't know. But who would wan't damn dirty peace lubbin hippy in a fox hole with them? image (Before some of u decide to flame, that was a joke)

Because while they're trying to offer the enemy some crack and give them a hug, they'd divert fire.

• Dragon16Dragon16 Member Posts: 9
    Okay ive read about half the post ive been here for a little bit (hehe) dont post to much. dont really find it nessiary half the time. but a fight is a fight if some one wants to fight with swords then fight with swords if they wanna fight with knifes fight with knifes. me ive been in kick boxing for around 9 years now so fighting isant really a problem with me but if htey pull out a knife then im gonna disarm them no matter what it takes. its not pussy to fight with knifes if they have a knife pull out one (the swords its just what i do) i fight for dark archon its a roleplaying sword fighting group so i say bring a weapon and prepare to lose ne way.

Anarchy+Chaos=perfict world