Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

noob here

Im going to give this game a try and play it till WAR comes out. Any advice on what realm and server to play? Whats a good class to start off with if your new to this game? What are some good classes to PvP with and any overall advice . Thankyou

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

I assume population will be an issue.  If that is the case then either go with Bossiney or Killburry cluters.  You can find what servers make up those clusters here:

www.camelotherald.com/index.shtml

I would avoid starting on Gareth because of the cost of housing.

Bossiney is the classic cluster - essentially it places distance restrictions on buffs and removes 1 expansion from the game.  There is no reason to avoid that expansion any longer because it is easy and fun to do now.  I think you will find the Killburry cluster to have the better community of the two. 

I would avoid playing Alb because they are the most populated side. 

All classes can solo well in PvE.  Starting out I would avoid any assassin classes (very fun to RvR with until level 50 then archers minimize the role you can play in RvR to a point where it is not worth playing).  These classes are infiltrator, nightshade, and shadowblade.

I would also avoid, warlocks, animists, and bonedancers because they are harder to play.  Once you learn the game, then you might want to start one. 

You have to play a pointless base character until level 5, but what base class you pick determines what real classes you can be so pay attention to your options. 

Almost any class can do well in RvR.  It just depends on what you are doing in RvR and what style you have as to what class will work best for you. 

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I agree with everything that was said by my above coleague. I also recommend starting on a Classic server. Another reason is because on a classic server they have taken buff bots out of the equasion and made the playing field a little more level. Also, DAOC is a fine PVE game, but it truely shines in PVP. Do NOT feel you have to level all the way up to 50 before you can enjoy it. I recommend taking full advantage of the battlegrounds as early as possible (I started at level 12),. Its a great way to XP (the Xp you get for killing players is >>>> mobs) And its just a nice break from mindless grinding , and its just so damn fun.

Good luck!

Torrential

• MadotoMadoto Member Posts: 31

Also the good thing in DAOC is ... u can get 50 in 2 weeks :P i play like 2 hours per day and i got 1-2 lvls every day :)