Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SB Patch 3.0 Resource Mines Info

Waylander-SBWaylander-SB Member Posts: 31

More at the In Development Page

http://chronicle.ubi.com/About/In-Development.htm

Resources Phase 1

Shadowbane will be unveiling the first phase of its long awaited "Resource System". This system will be tied to each zone which will offer a resource type. Currently, the only resource in Phase One is gold but further phases may include additional resources such as wood, metals, and ores. It is designed to add smaller, auxiliary points of conflict for players to fight over. These areas will become highly contested points of interest and will have the opportunity to change hands at least once a day.

In Phase One, once conquered, gold mines will drop gold into warehouses in their cities on an hourly basis. This gold will, in turn, be used to automatically pay maintenance cost of those structures that were given access to the warehouse and are protected by the Runemaster. Additional resources and augmentations will be introduced as the system is fully implemented allowing players to upgrade existing and new assets with functions and abilities to be announced. Furthermore after Phase One is completed, during a siege, the warehouse inventory can be recovered or stolen by anyone. This system will allow nations to focus efforts more on the political and combat faces of the scene and not the maintenance and upkeep of cities.

Players may take over a resource mine during a window of opportunity.

Resource mines can be claimed by guilds during a window of opportunity. If a server starts up and a mine is not under control, a window of opportunity starts immediately. If a city that controls a mine is destroyed, the mine becomes errant and its window of opportunity start time doesn't change. If no prior ownership and if no guild has successfully completed the process to claim the mine by the end of any window of opportunity, another window begins.

The first step to conquering a mine is to destroy the tower.

When a mine's window of opportunity opens, its tower becomes vulnerable. The tower spawns guards (the number of which depending on the number of guards slotted into it). When the tower is destroyed, the guards stop spawning.

Once the tower is destroyed, a prospector must lay claim to the mine.

Characters with the Prospector discipline must successfully cast two powers - one on themselves with a hefty debuff, and one on the destroyed tower to claim it. The second power can only be cast while under the effect of the first, it has a long recast timer, and it's interruptible by attacks. This power will fail if the prospector is not currently a member of a sovereign or sworn guild (however, if claimed by a sworn guild, ownership is given to its sovereign).

The last character to successfully cast the second power will claim the mine for her guild. If no player successfully uses the power at the close of the window of opportunity, then control returns to the guild that previously had control of the resource mine. If the mine was errant (i.e. no guild had control, because its day one or the guild owner's tree was destroyed), then another window of opportunity starts immediately. At the close of a window of opportunity, a tower respawns at rank 1 if it had been destroyed. If the tower was not destroyed, it retains its current rank and health.

The nation's leader sets the window of opportunity for all of the nations' mines.

To act as a destabilizing factor against larger guilds, all of a nation's resource mines are set to be vulnerable at the same time by the nation's leader or Inner Council. The time that window starts is set by the nation leader on the capitol city's Tree of Life, and applies to all mines owned by that nation's guilds.

Players should easily be able to see who controls a resource mine.

The world map displays each mine's controlling guild and the time of the mine's window of vulnerability. The tower on the resource mine will also show the guild crest of the guild that currently controls it.

The warehouse stores acts as centralized guild building maintenance for its city.

When a structure in a city runs out of gold during the time maintenance fees are due, the gold will automatically deducted from the warehouse if the funds are available and that structure is within the boundaries of the city.

A controlled resource mine spawns resources once an hour.

If a guild has control of a resource mine, its resources spawns in the warehouse's stores every hour. Resources fail to spawn if (a) the mine is currently in a window of opportunity, (b) no guild controls it (c) the guild that controls it has no warehouse, or (d) the warehouse is currently full.

The amount of spawn differs per resource point, and harvester hirelings increase that amount. Distance applies a configurable penalty (that is, a city close to its resource mine gets better efficiency that one further away).

Guilds are notified when their resource mines are attacked.

When either a resource mine guard is killed or the tower is damaged or destroyed, a message is sent to the guild's chat channel telling them of the offensive act.

Lead Class Advocate
Senior Herald
Shadowbane, Chronicle of Strife

Shadowbane In-Development Page

Shadowbane Patch Note History