Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Reader's Choice Award Voting Begins!

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com is pleased to announce the opening of voting for the 2007 Reader’s Choice Awards. This year, we nominated games in classic categories like Best Overall Game, Most Anticipated Game, Best Paid Expansion and Best New Game and introduce new categories like: Best Fantasy Game, Best Sci-Fi / Other Game, Best Free / Micropayments Game, Most Improved Game.

In order to vote, you must log in or register for a free MMORPG.com account here. Voting is open from December 7th , 2007 until December 30th 2007.

Nominations were finalized by the MMORPG.com Editorial Staff.

Begin voting here!

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• daemonbarberdaemonbarber Member UncommonPosts: 78

I suspect that EVE will not fair so well this year, with the voting coming immediately after their little 'oops'.

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by daemonbarber

I suspect that EVE will not fair so well this year, with the voting coming immediately after their little 'oops'.
    heh.  no kidding.

WOW is a shoe-in with the major competition out of the way.

• miffywiffymiffywiffy Member Posts: 245

I dunno seems like a sorry list of mmorpgs for me and not just for 2007, really makes you think about the poor quality of this genre....

My votes have to go to WOW and EVE because they're simply the most polish and best mmorpgs in their genre, apart from that giant bug EVE had on Trinity launch lol.

I can't really choose a mmorpg for 2007 as they all suck.

• ColaCola Member Posts: 402

Would be nice to have more choices.

• ram3oram3o Member Posts: 134

My vote goes to Dark and Light, because that game is awsome.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

While I respect the the staff for coming up with these "choices" for us, next year please have another option listed "None of the Above" in each category.  Really, some of those "choices" you gave us just plain suck.  On a side note, it wasn't your fault.  We've had a pretty bad spell the past few years.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• ram3oram3o Member Posts: 134

I went to go vote, but you guys forgot to add Dark and Light.  There must be some kind of mistake because that game is the best game ever made.

• ColaCola Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by Shannia

While I respect the the staff for coming up with these "choices" for us, next year please have another option listed "None of the Above" in each category.  Really, some of those "choices" you gave us just plain suck.  On a side note, it wasn't your fault.  We've had a pretty bad spell the past few years.

I would have used that option a few times myself.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Why the hell wasn't Dungeons and Dragons Online listed?!?!  It is by far one of the best MMO's on the market.  Seriously, DDO is a VERY good game and deffintely should be listed in Fantasy and MMO sections of voting. Afterall, this site DOES have it's own section for the game, why not voting options?

Sometimes I think site really is nothing more then a hack attempt to get add fees...

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Second Life isn't an MMORPG, it has no place in a vote about MMORPGs.

Ryzom is missing from the non-Fantasy section. Even though it's in receivership and some idiot here classified it as Fantasy, it is in fact either Science-Fantasy or full Science-Fiction.

As for said idiot, what were they thinking? "Oh hey look, swords and 'magic,' it must be fantasy...I'll just totally ignore the facts that the world it takes place in is very clearly a planet, one of the factions centers around a high-tech spacefaring EV-suit-wearing higher-power, etc."

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

Ermm ok this is MMORPG.com so if you need my vote to what the best game well somthing is missing,Well infact the whole year was missing I tell you what give it to LOTR,YES every damn award,Why because there was nothing else.So grats to LOTR for being the best of well not even the worse just the only game to deserve even a glipse from the masses.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• TucheTuche Member UncommonPosts: 205

Originally posted by Cola
    Originally posted by Shannia While I respect the the staff for coming up with these "choices" for us, next year please have another option listed "None of the Above" in each category. Really, some of those "choices" you gave us just plain suck. On a side note, it wasn't your fault. We've had a pretty bad spell the past few years.

I would have used that option a few times myself.

SAME HERE

MOST ANTICIPATED: DARKFALL FOR ME

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225

Originally posted by mindspat

Why the hell wasn't Dungeons and Dragons Online listed?!?!  It is by far one of the best MMO's on the market.  Seriously, DDO is a VERY good game and deffintely should be listed in Fantasy and MMO sections of voting. Afterall, this site DOES have it's own section for the game, why not voting options?
    Sometimes I think site really is nothing more then a hack attempt to get add fees...

I was thinking the same thing about UO , Major changes over the last year , New Graphics upgrade , We didnt have to pay for it , yet this site still di credits this game nor has it re-reviewed the game , like many..Before you trash the game and discount it , try it again , play it for more than a few hours..

• TucheTuche Member UncommonPosts: 205

Originally posted by uoplayer123
    Originally posted by mindspat Why the hell wasn't Dungeons and Dragons Online listed?!?! It is by far one of the best MMO's on the market. Seriously, DDO is a VERY good game and deffintely should be listed in Fantasy and MMO sections of voting. Afterall, this site DOES have it's own section for the game, why not voting options?

I was thinking the same thing about UO , Major changes over the last year , New Graphics upgrade , We didnt have to pay for it , yet this site still di credits this game nor has it re-reviewed the game , like many..Before you trash the game and discount it , try it again , play it for more than a few hours..

yea, you are right, in the innovation vote, i picked eve, but if uo was there i would think twice.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

So where is Sword of the New World? that came out this year.

• Tool527Tool527 Member Posts: 16

Did anyone else notice that for most impoved mmo it siad Lineage 2 was on there but you couldn't vote for it?

• Thor79Thor79 Member Posts: 96

More choices would have been nice but then again these are supposed to be finalists in this system. Though, why the editors choose the finalists I will never know...kind of defeats the whole "Reader's Choice" part of it doesn't it. At the very least a "None of the Above" option should have been there.

edit: Oh...and you forgot Lineage II as one of the voting choices on one of the early votes...can't remember which one but there were 5 finalists and only 4 voting options.
    edit 2: yeah Tool I noticed it too. I wouldn't have voted for it...but I noticed it.

Honestly, for me...this is a between the games year. I've been playing Guild Wars (nearing end of life) and non-MMO games lately. I'm waiting for games that will come next year or beyond.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

I don't know why Second Life was put in there and other games excluded.

• jaixjaix Member Posts: 99

I think you guys need to first have a nominations thread or something. The issue with the games on the lists pops up every year.

• zxnyzxny Member Posts: 59

Yeah the choices were WEAK to say the least. Best free to play game choices? There wasn't even a Hellgate:London, Archlord, RF Online, Shadowbane, etc.

Very poor choice organizer. Maybe next year you should have 2 tiers of voting. The first one would be to pick the games that deserve to be the top 10 on each list.

But I still love mmorpg and still love everyone who works here. Your work is always supported. Just don't fire someone for giving a game a bad review!!!(why didn't you report on the gamespot scandal anyways? ahh it's not mmo related).

imageimage

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by katriell

Second Life isn't an MMORPG, it has no place in a vote about MMORPGs.
    Ryzom is missing from the non-Fantasy section. Even though it's in receivership and some idiot here classified it as Fantasy, it is in fact either Science-Fantasy or full Science-Fiction.
    As for said idiot, what were they thinking? "Oh hey look, swords and 'magic,' it must be fantasy...I'll just totally ignore the facts that the world it takes place in is very clearly a planet, one of the factions centers around a high-tech spacefaring EV-suit-wearing higher-power, etc."
    As far as I know, TCoS is the only MMO that doesn't take place on a planet...

Darkfall is missing from the most anticipated list.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

Tabula Rasa has my vote for best game of 2007, who knew it was going to be so fun!  However, overall best game, well =V= is about as polished as they come and is always getting better every year.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Originally posted by RainStar

I don't know why Second Life was put in there and other games excluded.

2nd Life has a huge media following and there are a few hundred thousand to a million people playing the game.  For some reason they don't have much activity on MMORPG.com, but they are a force to be reckoned with outside these forums.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508
    Originally posted by Tool527

Did anyone else notice that for most impoved mmo it siad Lineage 2 was on there but you couldn't vote for it?

yeah, thats precisely what I came in here to say. I couldnt vote for L2 so I just skipped that one. Skipped a few of them acutaly, nothing worth voting for.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

I hope they fix the Lineage 2 thing soon, won't vote until then obviously.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing