Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameworld's....

mateo2mateo2 Member Posts: 7

Been thinking alot about Online games...developers Must make large gameworlds, to make the game hold the attention of players, and get their monthly subscriptions... But, is this also the "thing" that hurts Online games?  If a game is 1,000 square miles, the world is HUGE, and people like it...but what happens when the world is SO huge that you rarely see other people in it? The point of an Online game is being connected to a living breathing world, interacting with others, etc.  I've played Everquest for going on 3 years, its my favorite MMO...but man , lately it takes a Good 60 minutes with your LFG flag up to get a tell to join a group, sometimes longer. The old world zones are virtually dead... Dreadlands is really busy now if it has 15 players in it, Karnors Castle is lucky to see one or two players. Many of the Planes are empty too...these are during peak times as well. I know this may have to do with a good amount of people not logging on due to bugs, playing COH, L2, etc.... But whats the point of a gameworld that is empty? An empty Online Gameworld is no different than just booting up a single player ( read: No Monthly Fee ) game.   Anyone have any ideas how this problem can be fixed? I was thinking instead of building Zone after Zone into a game via Expansions, why not just add a "Special" entrance to an already established zone? Walking through Dawnshroud Peaks you see a Hole in the ground not there before, you approach the hole and a Tentacle reaches out and grabs your leg, zoning you into a " new zone " , but keeps the current zone populated. 

I play on the Vazelle server ... 65 Halfling Druid, 52 Gnome Mage, 37 Half elf Bard, 31 Iksar Monk, 27 Troll Beastlord... C'ya in game ( hopefully ) image

Comments

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

well from what i am guessing it depends on the server you play because i play on the Tunare server....and i see people all the time...and i mean there is never gonmna be a game as HUGE as EQ and have a player or group in EVERY zone.....

maybe your just looking in the wrong areas lol...idk....but on tunare i never have a problem finding people.....

and yea the LFG thing does suck but what oyu have to do is put your LFG up and maybe sit in the zone you want and shout...*level* *class* LFG.......I do that all the time when I am gonna do LDoN........

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Currently playing
    Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
    DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue