Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Paragons have wings?

I'm new to Guild Wars.  I saw a picture on the website that looked like one of the characters has wings.  So do paragons have wings?  Or is there another profession in any of the different GW parts that has wings?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• AetaryaAetarya Member Posts: 24
    Sadly the Factions and Nightfall forums tend to get less looked at compared to the general Guildwars forum, so I hope you were able to get your answer elsewhere already seeing how it’s already been a few days with no response here.

But just to make sure if you haven’t:

Paragons don’t have wings that you can wear nor permanently show off.

If I can recall, they do have a little image on their back of wings, but I’m sure that’s not what you’re hoping for.

The wings you saw in the image is a Paragon casting something. Normally you’ll see transparent, golden wings coming from their back as they rise a bit in the air. The wings vanish pretty quickly too.

No other profession has wings, sorry.
  • Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243

A Paragon is some kind of "jack-of-all-trades" and it seems quite a few people dislike the paragon (i guess cause of that but i like the profession). Paragon are the Angels of Elona and do have wings yeah. I have no clue why NCsoft decided to let them show only when using chants but it looks cool nevertheless.

more about the paragon:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Paragon

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

There's nothing wrong with paragons.  People that won't play with them aren't worth bothering with.

I've played with many assassins that were better tanks than many warriors and rits that were better healers than many monks.  The game has more to do with the quality of the player than the quality of the class.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I'm "daring to be different" and as a result am resurrecting this thread in this inactive forum hehe.

If anyone is still confused, Paragons do not have wings. When they shout/chant (think cast a spell), they rise up in the air and golden wings appear on their back, after which they return to the ground and the wings disappear.

Paragons are one of the most underestimated, if not the most underestimated professions in Guild Wars. I never liked them, minus their beautiful animations, but now I love them! If you tried it and hated it, try it again with a new build.

• mac579mac579 Member Posts: 34

I agree that Paragons are underappreciated. I love my Paragon. Ranged attacks, max armor and healing/buffing... what's not to love

Playing Guild Wars (all games in franchise but mainly GWEN and Nightfall) and WoW (just returned to this great game).

Eagerly awaiting Aion, Guild Wars 2 and Wrath of the Lich King.

Have also played CoV/CoH

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Interesting, never took any real interest in a paragon...currently playing a ritualist  / assassin  but  would be interested on everyones views on a secondary prof for a paragon

• mac579mac579 Member Posts: 34

I have warrior as my secondary since the shouts seem to sync up nicely with the paragons chants and such. Although, I do not use too many of the secondary skills. I tend to stick with the paragons skills instead (funny, I do this with my ritualist as well but all of my other characters use blended builds). If you wanted to do a more paladin style you could probably use monk effectively as well.

Playing Guild Wars (all games in franchise but mainly GWEN and Nightfall) and WoW (just returned to this great game).

Eagerly awaiting Aion, Guild Wars 2 and Wrath of the Lich King.

Have also played CoV/CoH

Yeah, Warrior is a good secondary.

• soccerbeast0soccerbeast0 Member Posts: 11

Yeah think so.

• soccerbeast0soccerbeast0 Member Posts: 11

Yeah it is

• khmergotricekhmergotrice Member Posts: 16

I think paragons are not that popular because there are not many good builds for PvP with them. 

• Italian_CarmItalian_Carm Member Posts: 6

paragons are really awsome they just take time to get used to like every character in the game

• revolution73revolution73 Member Posts: 62

people dont play them because the males wear skirts and belly shirts.  Its that simple

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

I switch between Warrior or Ranger depending on the group im with

warrior for more buff choices, ranger to add conditions/pet

• ElmnisterElmnister Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by khmergotrice

I think paragons are not that popular because there are not many good builds for PvP with them. 

What do you mean? I dont know if you HA at all or not but they are used quite a lot. 

Originally posted by Elmnister

Originally posted by khmergotrice

What do you mean? I dont know if you HA at all or not but they are used quite a lot. 

HA is but one of many forms of PvP. It's about the only one in which Paragons are widely used. And it's true, you don't see many Paragons in other forms of PvP. That's not to say that they are necessarily bad. They're just harder to play for most people compared to other professions.

• asurakingasuraking Member Posts: 13

I have a Paragon with GWAMM and they're the best, here is why...

They Have:

Crests - Like Elementalists

Shields - Like Warriors

80 Armor - Like Warriors

Range - Like Casters

Healing Spells - Like Rits

Imbagon

Amazing Looking Obsidian Armor

The List Can Just Keep Going On