Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fury Constructive Feedback thread, positives and negatives.

A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

Please don''t start a new thread when you decide you don't like this game.
Use this thread to post about your experiences with Fury (yes that means you actually have to have played it for more than 5 minutes).

What put you off or what do you think should be changed about the game?
Or what is your faviroute thing about the game?

Theres no need for 10 different threads.
Please be constructive with your criticisms.

Keeping all this feedback in one thread will make it easier to review and increase the chances of it actually getting read by a Fury dev.

Comments

• A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

Well, I'll start this off with my opinions.

Pro's:

*Open skill system. You are what you equip, no 'set' classes.

*No convoluted boring mission grinding.

*Fast paced.

Con's:

*When not fighting or waiting, the Sanctaury just feels like a massive chat room. Not much else to do other than buy/artifice equipment and sort out your locker. This doesn't effect the gameplay in any way but some players do like to have something else to do.

Suggest making the environment a little more interactive.

The new low grav things were a start but they're still not crazy enough to be fun. How about stuff to actually land on high up?

*Whilst I can appreciate some of the reasoning behind adding Procs to armor (basically its to balance out players who wear high tier armor and then have few skill points left to put on skills. Procs on armor make up for this to some degree), I do think it has removed some of the skill element to the game. The latest patch notes indicate that the devs are slowly fine tuning the Proc effects down even more which is good to know. But I know many veterans would like them removed completely.

Whilst I understand this sentiment (and support it), I also understand it cannot be done without somehow readjusting the whole skill system.

*There are skills that seem to be duplicate. They belong to different schools so benefit from different bonuses and are part and parcel of the whole 'be anything you want' system, but they do lead to the impression that half the skills are duplicates, which is not entirely true.

Many of the +1 abilities could do with beefing up in a way that doesn't make them overpowered but just sets them apart from their opposing faction +1 counterpart.

Thats my lot, what about you?

• TH1RSTYTH1RSTY Member Posts: 20

I love the game and I am still very new so I don't know too much about what I would like added or taken away but a big thing is one that assassin said.

The town is a little boring and you do spend a fair amount of time there.  It is ok that it is just a chatroom but I think adding  some type of crafting system or a way to make money or gain essence in small amounts while waiting for your match to start.  I would love them to add something like fishing and even have fishing gear and different fishing poles mostly for showing of f your cool looking fishing gear but this would also have to go hand in hand with some crafting.

• zaltarzaltar Member UncommonPosts: 125

Pros :  I have played many games out there , primarily mmorpg`s and that is allways with the goal of pvp. Fury is the absolute best pvp skill system I have encountered . It requires thought and strategy rather than button mashing and success is based on skill and skill alone.

There are no set classes so you can use any of over 400 skills in the game to enhance your fighting style based upon how you as an individual like to play .  No leveling which means that no one without a life is going to be able to come out ahead of you because they have more time to play , once you learn the game your on an even playing field with everyone else , the person who is able to best utilize the skills they choose will be the winner .

Different incarnations allow you to create several different character types and pull whichever one suits a given situation at any time.

Cons :  the only  negative I have right now is that I personally don`t like how 1 versus 1 matches are determined . The system places you in a match often times with a lesser opponant and if you win you lose rank . The tie breakers are determined by who has the most hp at the end which is exploited by people who try and run off and grab hp power ups before the clock stops rather than win an honest fight against someone . Others try and stand on top areas and range atk right before the clock stops and grab a power up so they can win at the last minute  while running around avoiding the entire fight for the duration. I wish I had a dollar for everyone that ran away from me and hit me at the last minute with range just enough to drop my hp a little while they are grabbing a hp power up so they can win by default .

Constructive input : The game would benefit IMHO if some open maps without timed matches were added so people could run around and ffa . Once the population increases some RVR would also be nice , the vortex is the closest thing to that now . Training Bloodbath should be limited to 5 matches and from there players should have to move on to other game types against all real players without the bots . This would increase the number of BB , 4 Man elims and vortex and decrease the waiting time in the Q.

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Someone please sticky this post :)

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Pros: I love the fact that ever since I logged on to the game I've felt that I can

actually make progress and not feel that I've got ways to go before I can make

a difference in my gameplay. Its fast, and no grinding for levels just to get one new

ability. It really puts the power and choice in the players hands, what to unlock, add

to you skillset and put on armor whilst keeping in mind your equip points. Its makes the

player think how to create a suitable build they are comfortable with. The fun part

is then to test out your new build in the arenas. Its fast, smart and intuitive.

Cons:

I realize the game has only been out for 5 months, so I am looking forward

to see what the devs have in store for new content. I want to see more work on

the player interface system, there are a few bugs when pressing 'r' to reply to

/tells and some of the windows are hard to relocate. Clan system is still bugged,

it keeps dissappearing from time to time ie. chat, clan in-game names. I think there

should be no HP power ups in some of the smaller maps. Or make it so they don't

respawn. More battle maps would be awsome. A Clan vs Clan scenario would be great

also, where we could buy our own fortress and then battle it, similar to RvR. There

are memory leaks in the game, before i upgraded to 4gig from a 2gig system I could

only play on High Rend for about 5-6 matches, then crash. I know the game recommended

is 4gig, but at least make it so the people with 2 gig can still play it with High Rendered

images. I've got 4gig RAM now and all is well, but its steep. The game is an intense resource

hog, which may deter some new players who don't have better hardware. It has some very nice graphics though.

An open map would be great, like the previous posters said Free For All. No timers, no HP power ups. You're just there to fight it out with real players not bots. Once you die, you can't respawn, but still be able to watch the battle.

Another good suggestion would be player match ups according to the Ladder, where players can sign up to fight named people in the Ladder and test their skills like a true arena gladiator like match. 1v1 matches in the Sanctorum needs more work, I sometimes get matched up with Chosen and I feel bad cause they die easy, and I know cause I was in their shoes when I first started. They don't suck, but they have not unlocked the proper knowledge still and haven't played enough. Chosen should only be matched up with Chosen or people with similar battle played times. Not against Masters or even Experts. Its also not very fair for us Masters and up to lose points when we're forced to fight chosen in Elimination, we don't a choice during match up. Sometimes I'd just sit and have them kill me lol.

• daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member Posts: 31

I feel that this game would truly shine if the player base were to reach a respectively high amount.  With such a low active player base many of the features of the game simply will not function right.  Examples would be player matching, premades, queue times, etc.  New players aren't given that much of a chance to develop their skill before their interest dwindles due to the 'highly skilled' players who tend to not just destroy these newcomers, but bash them with insults on the way down.  Other than that I've not found an mmo that i've come to enjoy more than Fury.  The idea of not having to grind levels anymore is just simply too appealing.  If the player base were only to grow, and the developement of the game itself were to continue, we would see what Fury was really, truly meant to be.

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

Ya Verent, your 100% right, if only we were able to get a huge burst of players this game would be so much better. I wish i were rich and could hand out new computers to everyone that stuck with the game for a month or longer :P.

• SpatterCatSpatterCat Member UncommonPosts: 80

Agreed... the only time the game suffers is when it's the same premade dominating, and scaring everyone off the queues. With more variety, we'd see more range in the competition, and queues would be popping like mad.

There were a lot of fun random vorts today... was good to play with, and then against, a bunch of folk without knowing who you'd be on your team.