Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling a bit torn between this and another game...

ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

Recently, I've gotten a bit bored with TR only because of the lack of players wishing to group, either in taking back control points, or defending them, or in taking on instances and missions. That being said, I do like to solo at times (that was one of the things that drove me away from LOTRO, being that soloing began to become harder and finding a guild/clan was becoming harder too since lore-masters were often under-appreciated). Now, I'm trying out LOTRO again, playing UO on the side (a strangely solo friendly game...), and I have TR on the back burner. I think I'm more burned out on games in general, but I'm also wondering if any MMO right now has anything to offer.

On TR, specifically, is there anything I should try to do to get a better feel for it? Mind you, I'm a Biotechician, so my skills are a bit gimpy as it is, but I tend to hold well on solo switching between my weapons and logos abilities (I <3 decay!), but it seems I rarely get any offers for joining a clan or grouping. Between parts of Torden Plains on Arieki and Palisades on Concordia, it seems to me that hardly anyone is ever grouping. I wonder if Garriott invisioned his game being a massively 'single player' online role-play game? Because it certainly feels like it. I decided to let one more month of subscription time accrue, so if anyone cares to group at any time, I'm on Pegasus (The name is Ryxii Xnn). If not, tell me which server tends to get more players and I'll just re-roll another one there.

-- Brede

Comments

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

I suggest rather than trying to find a clan in-game you find a good clan outside of the game that is playing Tabula Rasa.

I can even offer a suggestion. www.theoldergamers.com - Lots of U.S and Australian gamers that play a wide range of games - not just Tabula Rasa. And as you are over 25 you can join.

They have people playing LOTRO.

• sabutai22sabutai22 Member Posts: 262

Originally posted by ladyattis

Recently, I've gotten a bit bored with TR only because of the lack of players wishing to group, either in taking back control points, or defending them, or in taking on instances and missions. That being said, I do like to solo at times (that was one of the things that drove me away from LOTRO, being that soloing began to become harder and finding a guild/clan was becoming harder too since lore-masters were often under-appreciated). Now, I'm trying out LOTRO again, playing UO on the side (a strangely solo friendly game...), and I have TR on the back burner. I think I'm more burned out on games in general, but I'm also wondering if any MMO right now has anything to offer.
    On TR, specifically, is there anything I should try to do to get a better feel for it? Mind you, I'm a Biotechician, so my skills are a bit gimpy as it is, but I tend to hold well on solo switching between my weapons and logos abilities (I <3 decay!), but it seems I rarely get any offers for joining a clan or grouping. Between parts of Torden Plains on Arieki and Palisades on Concordia, it seems to me that hardly anyone is ever grouping. I wonder if Garriott invisioned his game being a massively 'single player' online role-play game? Because it certainly feels like it. I decided to let one more month of subscription time accrue, so if anyone cares to group at any time, I'm on Pegasus (The name is Ryxii Xnn). If not, tell me which server tends to get more players and I'll just re-roll another one there.
    -- Brede

LOL! if you have to question your self for a game, that alone should be an indication! just think how youll be a few months down the road! and a few $$ short :)

• deemtradeemtra Member Posts: 43

I enjoy grouping more than soloing in mmorpg's being more of a social gamer but hate to be forced to group. I am on the same server with the last name "Bits". Just shout me a tell or add me to your friend list if you like. I also have a clan if your looking for one.