Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!

discharge82discharge82 Member Posts: 18
this game is bad ass. the only mmorpg game i played before was FF11, so going from the froo froo lets be buddies into the " dang i better hide behind this tree while i rest" was a change. also i like it more than FF11 because in this game i can actually see progress. in one night i gained 7  1/2 levels. it took me forever4 in FF. i was sorta hesitant about getting this game w/ all he bad i heard , but this game is cool.

Comments

• Sk8andgamesSk8andgames Member Posts: 270

Originally posted by discharge82
    this game is bad ass. the only mmorpg game i played before was FF11, so going from the froo froo lets be buddies into the " dang i better hide behind this tree while i rest" was a change. also i like it more than FF11 because in this game i can actually see progress. in one night i gained 7  1/2 levels. it took me forever4 in FF. i was sorta hesitant about getting this game w/ all he bad i heard , but this game is cool.

Right on image

Lacks creativity to have one!!!
    (~/)
    (*.*)
    (")(") i made a bunny!

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by discharge82

It's faster to gain levels in FFXI, Im afraid.  The 7 1/2 levels in one night will stop around level 11.  At level 30...well, lol, FFXI is faster to level.  That's not my opinion....it really is a fact.  (took me a week and a half to get to level 30 in FFXI.  Took me a good 3+ weeks for L2)

If you like L2 then congrats!

If you like the game then congrats!

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• BronenekBronenek Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by En1Gma
    Originally posted by discharge82 this game is bad ass. the only mmorpg game i played before was FF11, so going from the froo froo lets be buddies into the " dang i better hide behind this tree while i rest" was a change. also i like it more than FF11 because in this game i can actually see progress. in one night i gained 7  1/2 levels. it took me forever4 in FF. i was sorta hesitant about getting this game w/ all he bad i heard , but this game is cool. It's faster to gain levels in FFXI, Im afraid.  The 7 1/2 levels in one night will stop around level 11.  At level 30...well, lol, FFXI is faster to level.  That's not my opinion....it really is a fact.  (took me a week and a half to get to level 30 in FFXI.  Took me a good 3+ weeks for L2)
    If you like L2 then congrats!
    If you like the game then congrats!

Im just curious, how often and for how many hours do you play MMORPGs?

Originally posted by Leon3986o

Im just curious, how often and for how many hours do you play MMORPGs?

Around 2 hours a day.

When Im playing a mmorpg that's brand new I tend to powerlevel for the first 3 weeks or so....not to prove anything...it's just the way it is for me

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• BronenekBronenek Member Posts: 240

ok then I guess what you said about the levels you got does not apply to me. Because I do not work (Im still in college) I can play for literally the whole day (which I dont do btw, I have a life). To be realistic, I play for at least 5 hours minimum a day, that includes breaks. But I would have to say a max of 12 hours, can't spend my whole day sitting on that rock hard computer chair.

if you play 5 hours a day in L2 then you could hit L2 in about 2 weeks (if you all you do is hunt....farming for adena tended to take longer for xp as fighting smaller xp monsters for only 3 less adena per kill (like werewolves compared to Orc Fighters) tended to slow things down a bit

• ORC_OF_CHAOSORC_OF_CHAOS Member Posts: 1
    I have to agree this game is completely hardcore, it is definitely one of the best games i've played (i can't say mmo's because this is only my 2nd one). though of coarse it does have its problems. leveling i think takes forever specially once u hit lvl 20. could be a little more creative in mob types, there isn't a bunch of different races. The classes and skills are awesome, and the graphics are freaking god like i mean those are great. I have alot of fun playing this game, though the weapons and stuff could cost alot less. all in all this is a great game king among gamesimage

Mess with the best get beat down like rest. Blacksmithing rulez

Mess with the best get beat down like rest. Blacksmithing rulez

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Ive noticed the only people who seem to like L2 havent played any MMORPG's or only played 1 or 2.  Especially if you only played FFXI I can see why.  FFXI is by far the worst MMORPG there is, the second worst is L2.  Try some real MMORPG's like EQ or DaoC or AO, they are much much better.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by ramadin

Ive noticed the only people who seem to like L2 havent played any MMORPG's or only played 1 or 2.  Especially if you only played FFXI I can see why.  FFXI is by far the worst MMORPG there is, the second worst is L2.  Try some real MMORPG's like EQ or DaoC or AO, they are much much better.
    Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

What are you trying to say?

• irish_ladirish_lad Member Posts: 7

I heard this game really, really sucks. Anyone mind telling me why it is so awful?

Originally posted by irish_lad

I heard this game really, really sucks. Anyone mind telling me why it is so awful?

Not likely. This game is ONE awesome game.

I actually played this game to great length (current level = 42). I have very good idea about what this game is about.

You have to know, in a way, everyone has different motivation when they act in certain way, and sometime different motivation results in different view.

My objective view on this game - keeping in mind which type of gamers this game were targeting - is that this game is superb masterpiece.

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    This game looks ok, but a bit too much of a EQ-Me-Too-Clone for my liking image

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

Originally posted by OracleP4
    This game looks ok, but a bit too much of a EQ-Me-Too-Clone for my liking image

-------------------
    --OracleP4

EQ is no where near L2. EQ is nothing but PvE, mindless hunting of dumb mob.

L2 is centered around PvP group war.

The core approach to gameplay is radically different.

Originally posted by irish_lad

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/496/loadthread/14544/setstart/1/loadclass/170

...second post down....there's just way too many posts already about the subject lol

but from what I hear, chronicle 1 is suppose to have fixed a lotta things.  I guess best thing to do is buy the game and find out

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by HebrewBomb
    Originally posted by OracleP4 This game looks ok, but a bit too much of a EQ-Me-Too-Clone for my liking image -------------------"Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.
    --OracleP4

EQ is no where near L2. EQ is nothing but PvE, mindless hunting of dumb mob.
    L2 is centered around PvP group war.
    The core approach to gameplay is radically different.

Oh wow, that was funny. I laughed very hard when I read this. Lineage 2 is not centered around PvP in the least. You need to be 45+ currently (level will get higher as time goes on) to have minimal chance of PvPing. It is possible... but it is not fun at all, since you never win.

Also, how can a game be centered on PvP if PKing causes such extreme damages to your character. You go "red" and have to work off karma. Not to mention, while "red," you drop a lot of stuff when you die. Not PvP friendly there.

Off the PvP subject, this is one of the worst games I have ever played. I have been playing MMORPGs for about 5 years now, maybe more. There was one game I stuck to for 2 years, Redmoon - Online (www.redmoon-online.com but don't bother... hackers shut it down... though there are a ton of private servers, PM me for links). All other games have been in the range of one day to 8 or so months. Games I have liked were DAoC, Ragnarok Online (not official), Final Fantasy XI, City of Heroes, Asheron's Call, Shadowbane, and a few more non-significant games most of you never heard of.

*Side note : Whoever said Final Fantasy XI is crap definitely didn't play it too long. Either that or that game must really be as people said, only for the hardcore Final Fantasy addict, which I proudly am.

Back on track, Lineage II was the most horrible thing to ever happen to me. I play for closed beta, open beta, and I even paid for a month hoping it would get better (and tested chronicle 1 on a friends account (50+)), and it didn't. The entire game is "Fight this same monster for 30 hours (total time played), get KSed by chinese farmers, move on to the next area, fight for 50 hours, get KSed by those who exploited various bugs including quest dupes and general item/money dupes, rinse and repeat."

As you see above chinese farmers and exploiters are a problem. Case closed (which is a good and intriging anime by the way).

• InEccessInEccess Member UncommonPosts: 111

I gotta jump in here and defend Lineage 2. I agree, it's not a game for everyone, but I see more posts about Chinese farmers then anything else said about this game. I've been playing on Kain server since Closed Beta and I've yet to run into a Chinese Farmer. Maybe it's cause I stay outta dungeon's or there just happens to be a low population of Farmers on my server... I dunno.

I guess, in a way, I'm just like the Koreans. I like knowing the time I put in on my character means something. An example... I recently started over in DAoC at lvl 1. Thanks to some PBae groups, a week later, I had a brand new lvl 50 Runemaster. If it takes a week to get to the end game, then I'd rather go play CS. That's PvP.

Or maybe I'm just defending this game cause I played the orignal Lineage, and this game is exactly the same with better graphics. Same world map, same dungeons, same castles, same armor, etc. just traded the Prince class in for the Orc and Dwarf races.

EDIT: I wasn't playing on Kain until retail release, I was on the beta server from CB to release ;).