Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of graphic card will I need to play EQ2?

gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

What kind of graphic card will I need to play EQ2? I currently have an NVidia Geforce (cant remember which number). It's 32 mb. Will this work with the game?

Ultima Online- Apoc
Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Comments

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

" Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible. Pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware with 64 MB of texture memory "

Nope.

Playing: City of Heroes/ Dark Age of Camelot
    Upcoming: EverQuest II

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • tylerwicktylerwick Member Posts: 446

I would Reccomend Geforce 4 or Better. As the minimum Requirements will only allow the Minimum Graphics if you know what I mean.

<----------->
    "Nothin better than puttin an arrow right through an orcs skull"

Lionsden - 52 Wood Elf Ranger
    Flamy - 60 Gnome Mage

• steelscoutsteelscout Member UncommonPosts: 103

Don't forget that the gf 4 MX series does not support directx 9 and therefore can't be used with eq2.

But...they're too weak anyways ::::02::

• DocthartDocthart Member Posts: 34

when I first played EQ1 my computer itself was the newest thing as far as its CPU. I ended up upgrading the ram and GraphiX card. I would suggest looking at the minimum requirments and at the very minimum doubling it. for example im at 128 mb graphics card and 512 ram. Ill update to 1G ram for sure, and thinking of going to 256mb GCard. I know that for some people its a huge step up and can be costly. I plan on making up the money with enjoying my gameplay though. I want to do all I can to reduce the chance of lag, and still have the game looking like the previews I have seen. EQ was my game for a very long time, im hoping EQ2 will be the same, since no other MMO has been able to hold be for a long period. Just remember the lower the you go the Lower your settings will need to be to enjoy smooth gameplay.