Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[[<<[--------ULTIMATE REVIEW-------->>]]

Comments

• LilianeLiliane Member Posts: 591

Just to others, it's not preview, just one person joking about mmorpgs in general. This subject focus was in TR's designer RG.

MMORPG.COM has worst forum editor ever exists

• cmgangrelcmgangrel Member UncommonPosts: 152

Not to mention is was done about 2 months ago before the game was even released (i remember it getting brought up a few times on the beta boards)

DAmn i miss my post count on those boards

• tgreertgreer Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by Xenduli

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2326-Zero-Punctuation-Tabula-Rasa

Allthough humerous. I find it odd, that a guy that clearly does not like MMO's, reviews a MMO's, then makes a movie short bashing it and it's creator. Why, because he got invited to beta?Did anyone explain to him what a Beta is? He's used to playing  finished games like HalfLife,and holds titles like Dues-Ex in high honors ....right.

If you don't like these kind of games when you wake up, guess what your not going to like them when you go to bed. He even stated his roomate having to explain the general "inovation" of TR.

Also, lol at him for basing his "Expert MMO" reviews off playing World of Warcraft for 3 months on a free trial. Because we all know that game set the standards Amirite?Also never took  ideas from any others  /Sarcasm off. I guess this is what were calling expert these days.

Why should this guys opinion even matter? I mean hell i've NEVER skydived, but i don't wake up in the morning reviewing fucking parachutes either now do i?

He's an ass.

PS: This guy makes more anti-american comment's then a Illegal alien being deported. Just because he come's off as halfway educated doesn't mean, i or anybody else should give a rats ass what get's his knickers in a twist.

He's a skinny, narrow-minded guy that figured out how to use window's movie maker, and add his witty brittish humor into a blog of movies that could be deemed humorous at best, with futile argumentative content. Ohh and he apparently wears a hat ....that somehow makes him special.

Yea...I'll be sure to run right to his reviews before making a game purchase

---------------------------------------------

Buying an mmo= 35.99 +14.99 a month.

Playing games for years= fun

Playing SWG from your hotel room on a laptop, via business trip for 10c a minute (3day trip)= not priceless! 1900.oo later! Try explaining that to your wife.

Yes i shot myself for letting SOE cost me that much $ hehe.

RiP- Old SwG.

• nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by tgreer

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2326-Zero-Punctuation-Tabula-Rasa

Allthough humerous. I find it odd, that a guy that clearly does not like MMO's, reviews a MMO's, then makes a movie short bashing it and it's creator. Why, because he got invited to beta?Did anyone explain to him what a Beta is? He's used to playing  finished games like HalfLife,and holds titles like Dues-Ex in high honors ....right.

If you don't like these kind of games when you wake up, guess what your not going to like them when you go to bed. He even stated his roomate having to explain the general "inovation" of TR.

Also, lol at him for basing his "Expert MMO" reviews off playing World of Warcraft for 3 months on a free trial. Because we all know that game set the standards Amirite?Also never took  ideas from any others  /Sarcasm off. I guess this is what were calling expert these days.

Why should this guys opinion even matter? I mean hell i've NEVER skydived, but i don't wake up in the morning reviewing fucking parachutes either now do i?

He's an ass.

PS: This guy makes more anti-american comment's then a Illegal alien being deported. Just because he come's off as halfway educated doesn't mean, i or anybody else should give a rats ass what get's his knickers in a twist.

He's a skinny, narrow-minded guy that figured out how to use window's movie maker, and add his witty brittish humor into a blog of movies that could be deemed humorous at best, with futile argumentative content. Ohh and he apparently wears a hat ....that somehow makes him special.

You sir need to look up the meaning of satire. Also he does not review mmos in general, as he says "I hate mmos". He works for this site and every week his "boss" if you will tells him to review a game. Trust me, you are not suppose to take him seriously as he basically only mentions the bad points of a game (usually). Just check out his other reviews. Btw next time, try to do a bit of research before jumping the gun again.

Originally posted by nightbird305

He's an ass.

You sir need to look up the meaning of satire. Also he does not review mmos in general, as he says "I hate mmos". He works for this site and every week his "boss" if you will tells him to review a game. Trust me, you are not suppose to take him seriously as he basically only mentions the bad points of a game (usually). Just check out his other reviews. Btw next time, try to do a bit of research before jumping the gun again.

I did more the ample research before bashing him. Satire is fine, i gave him credit for being humorous.With that being said.

I still hold strong with my opinion on him, he might write articles for the Escapist, or w/e the site is. This still gives him no reason or right to bash Americans, or anything related to it. Calling us all fat-redneck that shoot at signs. Etc.

Also, if he claims to be a game reviewer, but "Hates MMO's", why go through the time to play it? Then make a Video bashing the creator? I would venture to claim if your going review games, at least be open minded enough to give each a fair chance, otherwise his only creditable reviews are ones he is known for, not lending much to his fanbase to have respect towards him for anything else.Besides being an ass who has funny videos.Which will not get him far.

But i guess dry british humor, mixed with a side of anti-industrial hatred vented onto everything from Americans, to big time game companies, will get him far.......i'll stick with the latter of that scenario.Just because he cannot get an "in" with the video game industry, does not mean he should bash every company on his way to getting his foot into someones door.

I know he spent 25$ paying for a toothbrush and other various bathroom items, before his most recent trip to the states, because he is too retarded to remember to pack them.So do not suggest i do no research beforehand. It was done. I have read his blogs, and journals.

He only chose Richard Garriot as a target, because he is an easy target. That puts his life out there for people to see. At least RG' does that for his fanbase.

Let me see what Yahtzee(?) does in his day to day life, what he holds dear, or how he lives. I bet he is more of a social outcast then anyone.He finds saying the word boobs to be funny....enough said,and no his hat is not cool.

Playing SWG from your hotel room on a laptop, via business trip for 10c a minute (3day trip)= not priceless! 1900.oo later! Try explaining that to your wife.

RiP- Old SwG.

• nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272

Originally posted by nightbird305

He's an ass.

I did more the ample research before bashing him. Satire is fine, i gave him credit for being humorous. That being said.

I still hold strong with my opinion on him, he might write articles for the Escapist, or w/e the site is. This still give him to reason or right to bash Americans, or anything related to it. Calling us all fat-redneck that shoot at signs. Etc.

Also, if he claims to be a game reviewer, but "Hates MMO's", why go through the time to play it, and make a Video bashing it's creator? I'd venture to claim if your gonna review games, at least be open minded enough to give each a fair chance, otherwise his only creditable reviews are ones he's known for, not lending much to his fan-base to have respect towards him for anything else.Besides being an ass who has funny videos.Which won't get him far.

But i guess dry brittish humor, mixed with a side of anti-industrial hatred vented onto everything from Americans, to big time game companies, will get him far.......i'll stick with the latter of that scenario.Just because he can't get a "in" in the video game industry, doesn't mean he should bash every company on his way to getting his foot in someones door.

I know he spent 25$ paying for a toothbrush and other various bathroom items, before his most recent trip to the states, because he's too stupid to remember to pack them.so don't suggest i do no research beforehand. It was done. I've read his blogs, and journals.

He only chose richard garriot as a target, because he is an easy target. Thats puts his life out there for people to see. At least RG does that for his fan-base.

Let me see what yahtzee does in his day to day life, what he holds dear, or how he lives. I'd bet he's more of a social outcast then anyone, he finds saying the word boobs to be funny....enough said,and no his hat is not cool.

If you want serious game reviews then I suggest going to www.gamespot.com .

With a game review only once a week he can hardly be called a serious reviewer, and the fact that he is told what to review makes it even more so. Keep in mind that because it is satire, what he says isn't to be taken seriously. He does it for comedic effect and people enjoy watching it... hence why he is getting paid to do it. Try reading his journal on how he goes to the states, I honestly found it amusing yet insightful, and the only real bashing I found was in the end where he mentions the burgers thing but comon! You know it's true.

I have read the journals, and blogs. Already stated.

With that said, yes, some may find him funny, or useful for whatever he is good at. Great.

But, i have watched in many of his videos make comments ranging from, Africans who eat fried chicken, too Americans who love to kill people in war for fun, too being such a womanizer he makes them seem to be nothing more then walking breasts.

He might mean well, but ultimately anyone with half of a brain will listen to what he is actually saying, and releasing upon probably an audience of younger game players. It is not good. Kids listen  and watch his movies, he should have a little self restraint to not label Africans about eating fried chicken.Or talk about putting his junk into a salad for fun.But i guess we should promote children, or younger game players to this kind of behavior.

I am not going to start a one man army agaisnt this guy, it is not right some of the crap he says, coupled with the fact his opinion should not even matter. If nothing, in light for basing all his game reviews off stuff he holds in high honor that came out 10+ years ago. Dues-Ex .....right.

RiP- Old SwG.