Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MMO's you would like to see?

doomrahdoomrah Member CommonPosts: 376

I for one would love to see a transformers and a firefly MMO. Firefly would be tough, but still love that series to see a game out of it.

Anyone else have any suggestions on some MMO's they would LIKE to see in the future?

Comments

• NuichNuich Member UncommonPosts: 123

I would love to see Bioware make Mass Effect into a MMO.

Awesome game.

Nuich

• Gamer_17Gamer_17 Member Posts: 202

Harry potter or Fable MMO

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

KOTOR: Online, or a Dragon Lance MMO. Although I know that the market is filled with fantasy MMO's but come on! who wouldn't want to be a bad a** black wizard hell bent on becoming a god, like Raistlin Majere?

• Spectra260Spectra260 Member Posts: 12

Theres a few mmogs I wish were out there

A pirate mmofps where you can actually buy bigger ships, canons, etc and walk around your ship.   You make a crew/clan and fight for territory over the seas or on islands. 

A space mmog where you can actually walk around inside your spaceship in first person and buy bigger space ships, new weapons to mount on your ship.  You shouldnt be traped in your ship either you should be able to stop at planets and space stations and get off in fps and carry weapons.  Be really cool if you could make like an army have such a big clan that you could buy huge ships that have bays for fighter ships and when you start takin hits alarm goes off and people run to the fighter ships and to attack the enemy.

I would like these games to be harsh though like neocron, when you die your items get damaged a bit and once damaged to much they are destroyed and you have to buy new stuff.  Same with your ship you can remake it if it gets destroyed but it will cost a little bit but the more times it gets destroyed the more and more it cost each time to remake it.

Halo mmofps and Battlefield mmofps I would like to see soon as well!

• GRunyonGRunyon Member UncommonPosts: 37

HALO online.

MMOFPS

I personally wouldnt play it, but they would make a fortune.

• aerogradaerograd Member Posts: 53

I second the vote for Mass Effect.  I was so disappointed to find our ME was only for console!  So first of all that game should have been released for PC (so I can play it without buying a console!!).  Second, a MMORPG based on Mass Effect could be very good. 

Some other titles: 

I think a Harry Potter MMO could be good.  HP has a really nice world setup with all the lore and history and alot of the meat that could be turned into an MMO actually worth playing.

Can't wait for the Star Gate Worlds MMO (I know it's in Dev now, just saying that is one I wanted and I am glad to see someone taking it on!).

For any of those who remember the old X-Com game... how about an X-Com MMO?

Or Babylon 5 anyone?  Or Dune?  Or Mechwarrior? 

And I still think a Roman (*cough* Gods and Heroes *cough*) or a Greek empire MMO would be good with epic battles and all the political economic aspects going on too.

Oh and one last one... Mel Brooks should partner up with a Dev company and make a Spaceballs MMO.  You know the evil and incompetent empire fighting against space pirates who steal all the princesses away!  What more could you want in an MMO!   LOL

Playing WoT now.

Favorite All-Time Games: Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Lord of the Rings Online

• Canman767Canman767 Member Posts: 10

Earth and Beyond 2

or anything close to it.

• razerblade29razerblade29 Member UncommonPosts: 230

I would like a better FF11 MMO

Diablo MMO(ben said so many times i know)

World of Darkness MMO(ccp said they are planning on making one sometime)

Star Trek MMO(I still have faith in Perpetual)

Marvel/DC Comics(again rumors about it)

Harry potter(Richard Garriotts company was going to but when EA canncelled he resigned and went to ncsoft and Tabula Rasa was born)

Buffy/Angel(probally would be very difficult to do)

All i could think of, and if u didnt notice i love mmos based of well known IPs

(oh yeah and unforgotten quest, anyone?)

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

A Firefly MMO goddamnit. But a real sandbox MMO. Something between SWG and Fallen Earth.

• deftskulkdeftskulk Member CommonPosts: 67

I'll take a Legacy of Kain MMORPG .

Maybe after Raziel got his wings ripped off ,but before he was reborn. If I remember correctly there were 7 vampire clans . You could be a(prototype) soul reaver for the squid thing ,or a demon hunter ,or even a survivor from Raziel's clan after Kain ordered it destroyed.

• snuffysmythesnuffysmythe Member Posts: 15

How about a FALLOUT mmo?  It would be something different than whats out there now.

I agree to an extent with Harry Potter, but I think you would need to go with a different timeline than the books to make it work.  Maybe make it more of a Schools of Witchcraft and Wizardry mmo?

How about something new and interesting like a caveman mmo?  Make players figure out how to evolve from clubs to spears to .... 

Last idea is a game where the human race tries to colonize another planet.  Many different storylines could fit this scenario.  The idea of starting from nothing, no cities or anything, and building a civilization could be interesting.

• eRAZOR2007eRAZOR2007 Member Posts: 70

KotOR MMO (or something based on SWG Classic with real PvP objectives)
    Fallout MMO
    Neocron 3 (done right)
    World of Starcraft

• aneheleneanehelene Member Posts: 1
    i would like a new star wars galaxies! based on the old swg! pre nge. should be a bit more planets tho.

would love some more sci-fi mmos, where roleplaying is good (like old swg)

any game that u can change profession when u want would be good. id rather have one toon that i can change profession with when i want, than 50 toons to do the same quests with, just with a different profession. thats getting old!

i guess what i want the most would be Star Wars Galaxies 2 NGE will never come Edition.....
  • roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185

I would like to see either a Gothic MMO with Vampires, Vamp hunters, stuff like that, or a good oldfashion Western with Cowboys and Indians, gambling, barfights, outlaws, RvR style Cowboys and Indians. something other then Fantasy genre...its been played out to much, we need a change and a big one

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283

KOTOR MMO

Halo MMO

Grand Theft Auto MMO

Sports MMO

a modern combat MMO

• xXSeraphielXxXSeraphielX Member Posts: 107

Well I felt I just had to through in my votes.... and I am suprised no one has mentioned these....

Shadowrun MMO (Was my dream when I heard MS purchased the licence)

This game would have so many facets to explore... Imagine a raid upon lonestar or some other corp... deckers hacking into the security systems via matrix before the raid just to begin shutting down security systems, fighting ICE's. Then Samurai and Mages etc storming the base to obtain something for Mr. Johnson. Mission style would be easy to implement and you could go nuts with the quest designs to offer so many different kinds of mission. Hell you could even go a step further so that you could proactively do runs and obtain information for the highest bidders.... turf wars... vehicles... some really good design for RP. Cybernetic systems, futuristic weapons. Working for corps. I mean you could implement a true PVP system. Allow full loot if someone dies. I'm not into pvp much but I would imagine this game would have to be full pvp to make it work properly. Imagine player guards when trying to break into a corp HQ. Real challenge would make for ALOT of fun.

Rifts MMO - Post appocalyptic goodness.. with SOOO much room for expansion. Think Coalition towns, Deebee's, RCC's & OCC's!!! Playable Dragons!! Rifts would be such a fantastic IP for a MMORPG''

Either of these would make fantastic MMO's that would have the potential to be something big if done properly. Both are gritty futuristic style games that have so much lore and potential. However knowing my luck any company to take them would completely destroy anything fun out of them. 

Well this is just my opinion

xXSeraphielXx

A Rifts MMO would be great. Endless possibilities with all of the book expantions. The South America expantion with Lay Lines and Demi Gods. Vampires in Mexico. Glitterboy Power Armor and Juicers!!! Oh Please some big developer pick up on this.

The Shadowrun MMO would be great also. I used to play the pen and paper version of both Shadowrun and Rifts in High School

• xXSeraphielXxXSeraphielX Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by roaland

A Rifts MMO would be great. Endless possibilities with all of the book expantions. The South America expantion with Lay Lines and Demi Gods. Vampires in Mexico. Glitterboy Power Armor and Juicers!!! Oh Please some big developer pick up on this.
    The Shadowrun MMO would be great also. I used to play the pen and paper version of both Shadowrun and Rifts in High School
    Exactly! Imagine playing a monster hunter out of the first south america book... or a juicer from juicer uprisings.. the game could go on for ever.... Key to design would be a modular graphics engine... something that can take graphic updates as time progresses. This game could be amazing.. either on has soo much potential. Though Rifts has so much to work from and such an open design that you could create a ton of new content... even move into the dimensional stuff. Wormwood, Phaseworld! Imagine raids on Vampire Intelligence... or deal with slave raiders from atlantis or fighting Splugorth!

*drools on keyboard* Wow tempted to go get a degree in comp sci and a game design degree and getting the licence and forma  company to do this now :) It would be a world class mmo.

• maxdomaxdo Member Posts: 284

How abought a Zombie mmo or a great mmo would be The Dark Tower base off of stephans kings books there great make a good western setting with some fantasy and sci fi

Originally posted by xXSeraphielX

Originally posted by roaland

Exactly! Imagine playing a monster hunter out of the first south america book... or a juicer from juicer uprisings.. the game could go on for ever.... Key to design would be a modular graphics engine... something that can take graphic updates as time progresses. This game could be amazing.. either on has soo much potential. Though Rifts has so much to work from and such an open design that you could create a ton of new content... even move into the dimensional stuff. Wormwood, Phaseworld! Imagine raids on Vampire Intelligence... or deal with slave raiders from atlantis or fighting Splugorth!

*drools on keyboard* Wow tempted to go get a degree in comp sci and a game design degree and getting the licence and forma  company to do this now :) It would be a world class mmo.

Take it one step furthur and go into the Implants and body graphs. Like the X-ray eye, hacker eye, strength enhancements. You got your magic from the Line Walker class. As far as South America goes. The Demi-God class would be great for Roleplayers because no one can know who you are. YOu can have a completely pplayer driven economy based not only on goods and services but factions. Not everyone in the Rifts Universe is Colilition. YOu could even go into the Deamon<think thats how  you spelled it> (Vampire stuff) were you have to keep your humanity points or you start turning into a demon type of thing. And the PvP....OMFG the PvP potential is endless. Not only does the Rifts Universe have Sci-Fi but fantasy also, it literally has endless  potential. It would be really hard to screw something like that up...unless Turbine got there hands on it.....HHOOHH!!!

• LordKyellanLordKyellan Member Posts: 160

I don't mean to point fingers or anything, but seriously... this is what's wrong with the movie industry as well.

Why must everything be an adaptation of something else? What happened to completely original thinking when it comes to a medium?

Personally, I would like a company to come up with something entirely original, be it science-fiction, fantasy, steampunk... what the hell ever genre they want. Hire real writers, people with imaginations. Quit spending ridiculous amounts of money on licensing and come up with something really good. Too many really original games have been canned over the past few years (Dragon Empires, anyone? How about Mythica?) and instead we get this licensed tripe that can in no way live up to its original, because all people do is bitch about how the developers 'could have done better'.

What I want to see on the horizon is something like Asheron's Call, only not Dereth. Something entirely original, well thought-out, with real story. Something we've never heard before, never seen before. To hell with the licenses. MMO companies could save a lot of money by hiring a team of real, creative writers instead of paying multiple millions of dollars for a name and a concept.

That's what I want. A living world, designed from the ground up to be a great game. Spend the same kind of capital on it that you would a licensed game, devs. Make it a real triple-A title, only without the constraints of a license that could get pulled if you screw it up.

/rant

--------

"Give a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

• deftskulkdeftskulk Member CommonPosts: 67

I'm sure all of us have come up with completely new concepts for an MMO, but each of us would need a whole website to explain it.

To me the thoughts of   this thread is about  what you might be interested in playing if something was adapted from another concept . Be it a table top game, movie, or single player game.

You might also want to think of it like this.

Most MMOs that do well and are worth remembering are new concepts

On the other hand, at least in my eyes, adapted MMOs almost always are flops.

I respect your point and agree with it in a way, but I like to give adaptations a chance as well since both kinds will be made.

• BattlehymnBattlehymn Member Posts: 1

I think the RIFTS concept is awsome ... the implementation leaves much to be desired. It could be a great MMO... Developers like to ensure balance among player archtypes though, so implementation would be problematic as many of the games RCC's and even some OCC's can completely unbalance a game.  Not that it can't be done ... Take a look at Cryptic Studios in development page, when I looked at the concept artwork I immediately thought of RIFTS!!!

A Fallout MMO would probanly be more successful ... we'll have to wait and see what Bethesda does with Fallout 3 to see if its even viable.

I'm actually a bit surprised that there hasn't been a Star Trek MMO yet

What I'd really like to see is something combining space exploration/combat and planetside exploration/combat ... if done properly Starship combat could be fantastic, with multiple players manning "battle stations" like engineering, weapons, communications etc... and their levels adding to (or detracting from) the effectiveness in combat. (Imagine fleets of "Guildships" decimating one another - of course their would have to be some kind of system so that guilds of the same Faction or Alliance would be inclined to co-operate to an extent). Of course there would also have to be at least one non-aligned, hostile towards everyone faction, and several independant NPC "guilds".

I'm kinda tired of the Fantasy genre MMO too, but one that hasn't been done is Wheel of Time ... it's popular enough that I'm surprised it hasn't been done already, but there are so many factions in that series that the whole thing would just have to be PvPvE mauling ...

• DomenicusDomenicus Member UncommonPosts: 290

Dune Online... With a total different concept of game... And, for godsake, stay away from FPS style!!! Skill based and sandbox also are necessary...

You may choose between the famous houses, and even form sub-houses (guilds) loyal to one of the houses (with a few internal intrigues to gain favour with the head of the house). That would include a few management options as marriage between sub-houses, diplomacy, and some RvR... You can even attack with some kind of secret war other sub-houses of your own house (with a big risk and less options than to make war with a sub-house of other houses). Some kind of RvR on DAoC perhaps? in which your conquests account to the power of your house...

Ok, I am dreaming too much, but I do love the social part of MMOs, and the things could be like a mix of EvE politics and alliances with DAoC RvR...

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

A mmo that starts from scratch and builds up as it goes due to players discoveries and deeds. A game where there is a very random starting point for players and not a typical starting point. Not a whole idea but a start to one.