Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor i heard about EQ2

MountainDewMountainDew Member Posts: 119

Ok, i heard that in EQ2 casters cannot sit during combat to med for battle and when u are fighting something, no one can ks u unless u call for help. Anyone know or heard of this? This can have some advantages and disadvatages.

Let Go of My Eggo Bitch!

Comments

• khalystakhalysta Member Posts: 23

Keep in mind this is EQ2 and not EQLive. 

It's a very different game and new mechanics.  With that said yes casters cant med during combat and sitting would be a bad thing with mobs having smarter ai.  However the downtime between fights is around a minute.  So no matter how much power you have you can go from empty to full in a minute so there is no need to med during fights.  Also mob hit points are supposedly more inline with players so there is no crazy 20k hp xp mobs.

Locked combat is in as well.  Its a way to stop powerleveling and ksing since outsiders can't assist.  There are plenty of threads on both subjects on the EQ2 boards though and you might want to read those before developing and opinion.

• PerekPerek Member Posts: 49

Dag, Khal. Is there anywhere your presence isn't felt?

Simian Discipline: Music Videos for Gamers

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

With only 14 posts im sure there is.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

• VisterdrewVisterdrew Member Posts: 2
    Yea, EQ2 is gonna be a whole new game. Anyone know what they are planning to do about not being able to sell or buy pp? I was wondering how they could control that since they had that poll to "Should buying and selling of platinum pieces be aloud in Everquest2?". If it comes out to be no, how could they stop it.. anyone got any ideas?

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Are you talking about buying them outside, like on ebay?  I hope they come up with a way to stop that.  I'm not sure how they can, but I've never liked it that a wealthier person in RL, can get so much further ahead with less effort in game.  I hope they can keep the offline pp purchases to a minimum.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Ah, that just simulates that they come from a rich family or something... No big deal, if someone thinks spending real money on in game stuff is worth it, then so be it...

I personally think they are crazy.