" "I hear some of my favorite devs aren't moving - what's going on?"
I'm going to miss CatHat something awful, myself - and I'm just as broken up that we're losing Wilki too. But I'm consoled by the fact that I still have TheGrimmOmen and Leurocian to keep me company, and the Master of Disaster hasn't run out of things to blow up yet. We're losing some great people, no doubt about it - but we're keeping some great ones, too, and I have every confidence that UO will come out of this move stronger and better than before.
What does this mean for you, in practical terms? A couple of things:
- The next six weeks or so are going to be fairly slow, patch-wise. This is less for personnel reasons than because we have to back up, box up, and ship all the computers involved with making a patch clear across the country. We have quite a few lovely quality-of-life changes in the can, but you may or may not see them until January.
- This does NOT mean you won't be getting your holiday gifts! Expect those to be given out between December 15th and January 15th.
- We will be hiring - if you're interested in getting into the games industry, or if you're in it and want to be involved in UO, keep an eye our for job postings. I'll keep y'all updated when I have more specific details.
- Other names of devs you might recognize who are staying on the project - SupreemEA the Master of Code and Prince of UI, Mesanna the Infinitely Wise, Stormwind the Ancient and Undying, and Serado, Lord of the Bugs.
- The Five on Friday will be a little different for a while - see the next post for details. "