Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November 20007 Newsletter on Only-War.com

http://www.only-war.com/

On the frontpage is the newest newsletter revealing the Dark Elf Sorceress and the High Elf Archmage.  They also have some really cool vids and pics of some mounts.

Edit: Bah saw it on the frontpage after I made this topic heh (man Im slow at typing, I swear it wasn't there at first!)

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Comments

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

While we aren’t ready to publicly discuss Keeps and their siege mechanics in great detail at this time, anyone that has taken part in a Keep battle in Dark Age of Camelot® will have an idea of what we have in store for WAR (though it should be noted that this new Keeps system will differ from the one found in DAoC). The addition of Keeps will bring focus and meaning to Open Field RvR and beta participants should be able to experience this new system in its early stages by the end of the year.

WAAAGH! 

This Beta Update is long, but you should read it.

www.warhammerherald.com/news/news.php

~ Ancient Membership ~

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

I like the whole career mastery thing. Now we will be able to make unique characters.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Looking VERY good. I can't wait.

• butters88butters88 Member Posts: 379

Wow... I got goosebumps listening to that podcast. I love the concept of career mastery and Open-Field RvR, and how the devs actually listened to everything the beta testers have critisized, and improved upon it. Also, I think the Sorceress sounds bad ass. A caster that can potentially destroy himself... lol. That'll be fun. Inevitable city is looking good too. I don't think I have ever been more hyped then I am now.

Open- Field  RvR --> Keeps, Forts, and Siege Weaponry...

Truly Awsome!

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Ah, and the newsletter just showed up in my inbox.

Dark Elf Sorceress fans will be excited to hear that MALE sorcerers will be ALLOWED.  Was seeing a lot of comments over on only-WAR.com message boards about how they were hoping male sorcerers would be lore-appropriate.

Well, they are so you DE fans can have either the male sorcerer or the super-sexy female sorceress.  (Yikes!  You can blow yourself up!!!)

~~~

Open Field RvR with keeps, forts, battlefield objectives and siege equipment!

This is good ... very, very good.

~~~

Career Mastery (Specialization)

Choices, choices choices!  But the choices will influence how your character looks.

~~~

More work on the UI.  More work on the Tome of Knowledge.  More work on mounts.

~~~

It all starting to come together now.

Say it with me:

WAAAGH!

~ Ancient Membership ~

• tenthringtenthring Member Posts: 173

That pocast rocked my face off.

• ThalosVipavThalosVipav Member Posts: 273

I honestly wasnt watching this game at all and really didnt care when it came out. However, lately with all the info that has been popping up and the updates that keep getting posted I have checked into it again and...

Wow. I am now starting to really look forward to this. I hope it lives up to the hype its getting and lives up to how good everyone is making it sound. By everyone I mean the Dev's and staff.

Thalos Vipav
    Star Wars Galaxies: R.I.P.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742
  • aionownsaionowns Member Posts: 175

It is amazing the amount of information mythic provides us every month. Also i guess ill be the one to say what is on every one's minds. Those mounts look insanely awesome.

• OpalekOpalek Member Posts: 104

...And have you seen the mounts ? And the Tome of Knowledge ?

Oh my ! Every Information  coming out now just ROCKs. This game will make my year 2008.

Usually when I follow games in their development on the net it´s this tidbit revealed I don´t like or that, but with this game it´s quite the opposite.

Incredible how much dedication, passion and quality work rules here.

Never seen that. Amazing. Hat´s off to the dev team !

I believe Paul Barnett: It will not be crap !