Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG - Character diversity + soloability

fordfanboifordfanboi Member Posts: 8

Hey all!

I'm looking for a MMORPG that has character diversity ( Guild Wars / Shadowbane ), the ability to solo to endgame / near endgame at a decent pace, and great loot diversity ( Diablo ).  I think my best experience has been Shadowbane back when it first came out.  Next would be UO when it first came out.  And finally, Guild Wars has been great to me, but I'm looking for something new.  I like Eve, but soloability is limited since endgame is pvp.  I just purchased Tabula Rasa, but I don't see any character diversity.  I'm somewhat of a min/maxxer andI want to be able to create a unique player that everyone else doesn't have.  Guild Wars was great at that... but the loot diversity just isn't there.

Games I've played:

Everquest 1/2 - low soloability, cookie cutter players at endgame.

WOW - cookie cutter players at endgame.

Vanguard - low soloability - still pissed at how terrible my l30 rogue is.

DDO - limited diversity

UO - limited diversity

Hellgate London - great game but not MMORPG.

Asheron's Call - great game - low loot diversity

Anarchy Online - played at original release - can't remember why I quit - don't know much about it

SWG - played at release - quit due to inability to solo

Diablo series - can't wait for the next one

Shadowbane - loved the character diversity, ability to build cities, etc.  TFA killed it for me tho - $%&* xploiters.

BTW - I hate Anime.  ;)

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Comments

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Man that is a tough one. I really can't think of many mmo's you can solo 90%-100% these days honestly. I am currently playing LoTRo, and I solo a decent amount. If I were you, take a break from mmo's and play ES Oblivion, the ultimate in soloability  ; )

• fordfanboifordfanboi Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Man that is a tough one. I really can't think of many mmo's you can solo 90%-100% these days honestly. I am currently playing LoTRo, and I solo a decent amount. If I were you, take a break from mmo's and play ES Oblivion, the ultimate in soloability  ; )

heh - Been playing the Elder Scrolls series for awhile.  Even had my Daggerfall editor ( Daggerfall Graphical Utilities ) sidebar'd in PCGamer way back when Daggerfall was first reviewed.  Played loads of Oblivion - even thinking of buying a PS3 just for the new Oblivion.

Thanks tho!

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

have you tried any of the CoX games ?

Originally posted by xxthecorexx

City of Heroes / Villains?  No, haven't really read anything on them - thought they were more for a younger audience.  Do they allow for good character skill diversity / loot diversity?

Thanks!

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078
    Originally posted by fordfanboi

Originally posted by xxthecorexx

City of Heroes / Villains?  No, haven't really read anything on them - thought they were more for a younger audience.  Do they allow for good character skill diversity / loot diversity?

Thanks!

i originally thought they were too, but from what i saw when i played they have a pretty mature player base. great character customization, very good skill diversity. it's a fun game, it gets a little repetitive, but it's just a hoot to play. i'm pretty sure you should be able to at least get a 10 or 14 day trial somewhere.

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

I think DAoC had the most loot diversity to me.. In DAoC min/max is everything in pvp. So I'm surprise you havn't played it yet.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

Originally posted by Devalon

I think DAoC had the most loot diversity to me.. In DAoC min/max is everything in pvp. So I'm surprise you havn't played it yet.
    I did when it first came out.  IIRC, there wasn't much character diversity then.  Equipment was also not random and everyone had the same stuffs in the end.  Can't remember though - I think those were around my AC1 days as well.

Has that changed?  Do folks of the same class have the same equipment / skills near endgame?

Thanks!