Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HellGate: London: Patch 0.6 Notes

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Flagship Studios has published the patch notes for patch 0.6 for Hellgate London, which fixed a number of bugs.

Hello everyone!

We hope our U.S. players had a great Thanksgiving holiday and that everyone had a fantastic weekend of playing Hellgate: London. We kept working through our cornucopia of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and American football games to get some more fixes done and ready to push out this week.

Patch 0.6 has one very notable fix – the invisible group member bug has been slain. This was a crafty, fierce thing with rows of nasty sharp teeth, but we believe it has now fallen into the mists of legend. We’ll stay vigilant in case it raises its ugly invisible head again.

We’ve also made great strides on the Engineer Drone issue where items become unequipped. There are some cases where Drones (as well as players), will still have items unequip. The main cause of this is when players “ladder up” the equipment on their Character or Drone by using items with statistic bonuses. This results in the Character or Drone being able to use a better overall set of gear than they normally could, and thus causes issues if the items are not equipped in a specific order (or used at all). We’re continuing to work on this one, but it is better with this patch.

Read more here.

Comments

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

0.6 patch that sounds like a beta pre-release patch name. I guess when they feel that the game is ready they start to use 1.xx patching names system?

REALITY CHECK

• CutedgeCutedge Member Posts: 92
    This patch is not up as of 11/30/07. There is no current slated release date other than them saying that it would be out this week, which it wasn't.
  • kalrarkalrar Member UncommonPosts: 35

Perfect example of how to jack the cash from unsuspecting consumers.Perfect example of how an( MMO ) and i refer to it as loosely as they have, should NOT have been released.

It sickens me to think they've shown other developers / marketers / publishers what you can get away with .

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

This is why i tend to wait 6 months before i give a new MMO any serious consideration.

DiD this for Vanguard too and as we all know my caution was justified it seems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Originally posted by kalrar

Perfect example of how to jack the cash from unsuspecting consumers.Perfect example of how an( MMO ) and i refer to it as loosely as they have, should NOT have been released.
            It sickens me to think they've shown other developers / marketers / publishers what you can get away with .

there is a saying ya know " there is a sucker born every minute"  i agree dude,  this game has been a joke from its onset.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

On the contrary...I'm having a ton of fun playing it. It's a good casual game. I wouldn't classify it as an mmo though...since there is really no reason to ever talk to anyone...it's more like multiplayer online single play...

Anyway...there are bugs, but it's not that bad. Granted...I don't pay a sub for it...I never intended to with this game. I really don't see the point of paying a sub for it.

D.

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

I haven't even gone online yet. Loving single player and not finding any bugs even as bad as Diablo 2 when it was released.