Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE considering letting rangers be bowmen

As an x VG ranger I could not be more pleased. Finally objective eyes are allowing players to have a mele  OR a bow oriented ranger.Way past due and I hope they implement this improvement. Would be a step in inducing me to come back.

Comments

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

Well to my knowledge there are classes such as cleric, shaman, and monks, who can chose to specialize in a special way to play.  And i heard that it was to be added to other classes over time.  So maybe one day you will get to be your true archer.  I hope you do.

• truenorthbgtruenorthbg Member Posts: 1,453

I think that is great.  I am happy that SOE is enhancing character customization in Vanguard. 

I heard an AA system is being implemented, although I do not have the details of it.

Shaman:  Bear, Wolf, Phoenix;  Cleric:  Death, Pure, et al.  I like this direction.

-----
    WoW and fast food = commercial successes.
    I neither play WoW nor eat fast food.

• BaldurBaldur Member Posts: 56

AA currently works great in the game if you have an nvidia card with the latest driver set (169.xx). You have to force the AA on the driver level (through the nvidia control panel).

It definitely makes the game look fantastic!

• coruncorun Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by Baldur

AA currently works great in the game if you have an nvidia card with the latest driver set (169.xx). You have to force the AA on the driver level (through the nvidia control panel).
    It definitely makes the game look fantastic!

I think what he means with "AA system" are Alternate Advancement Abilities.

Anyway, about Antialiasing:

I got Graphics errors when I forced AA on my Nvidia a few weeks back. Installed a new driver at that time, still had that problem. Player and NPC Names were flickering and disappearing. Obviously other people had the same problem. Seemed to be a problem with the VG engine.

But if you say it works with the latest driver I'll try that :)

• BaldurBaldur Member Posts: 56

Woops, my mistake about AA :)

Yes - try with the latest drivers, and set the control panel to override any application settings. Start with 2x AA ingame first (it seems to be the most stable). With 2x i've never had any glitches or graphical anomalies.