Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most populated server?

Hi, me and a couple friends of mine are so sick and tired of the crap that is WoW. We are looking for a new mmo, and we've been playing the 7 day trial to LOTRO, and so far we love it.

My question is, which server is the most populated? We want to play on a populated server.

Also, is the games population really low? Or do a lot of servers have a lot of people playing? I don't want to play an mmo that doesn't FEEL like an mmo because there is no one playing it or no one running around.

So how is the population on the servers in general as well?

Comments

• ttcdreamsttcdreams Member Posts: 19

Probably the most populated servers are landroval, brandywine, elendilmir and maybe a couple of others. You can always check out the server forums on the lotro website too. Post to a few of them and see what kind of response you get.

Glad to see you coming over to LOTRO - it is a great game, and for the most part, the players are more mature and much nicer than I have encountered in any other MMO game.

Company of Red Dawn Leader - Arkenstone Server

• Achaiah191Achaiah191 Member Posts: 12

Ok I'm on one of those. I shouldn't have a hard time running into people and getting into groups and such?

I really don't want to level a character then find out I should go to a different server..

Judging by the forums, Landorval looks to be the most populated because of how many more posts/threads they have.

Can anyone confirm this? i'm on the Elendirmir server or whatever it is called. Since I don't have an active subscription I can't post on the forums.

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Achaiah191

Ok I'm on one of those. I shouldn't have a hard time running into people and getting into groups and such?

I really don't want to level a character then find out I should go to a different server..

Judging by the forums, Landorval looks to be the most populated because of how many more posts/threads they have.
    Can anyone confirm this? i'm on the Elendirmir server or whatever it is called. Since I don't have an active subscription I can't post on the forums.
    Brandywine is probably the most populated, but Elendilmir and Landorval aren't too far behind.

The times you play might be more important than the server you pick though.  You'd want to pick a server that has a good population of players during the time-period that you will be playing most.  That doesn't have to be the highest populated server though.  So, if you know you like the game and have decided to purchase it.  Then spend a few days or a week or so, and hop around to different servers during your normal play-time.  Then you can decide if that server's population is what you will be happy with.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by dragonace

Brandywine is probably the most populated, but Elendilmir and Landorval aren't too far behind.

The times you play might be more important than the server you pick though.  You'd want to pick a server that has a good population of players during the time-period that you will be playing most.  That doesn't have to be the highest populated server though.  So, if you know you like the game and have decided to purchase it.  Then spend a few days or a week or so, and hop around to different servers during your normal play-time.  Then you can decide if that server's population is what you will be happy with.

While that seems like a good idea...what is the best way to check the population?  Is it getting to Bree or where?  I just started playing on Landroval...and have not got to Bree yet as I am just doing the local quests.  I usually jump on around 8:00 PM PST and play to 11PM-12AM.  The most I have scene in my social panel around my level is around 11-15 people (I don't know if that is a lot of a little as I have nothing to base it on in the game). 

The most people I have scene in one area now is during MP which I tried last night (btw...first impression of that was: useless and annoying.  But not giving up and will go back at it again) where there were about 20+ people between freeps and creeps just bashing on eachother ( I now see why people say the creeps are so under powered).

Today is the last day of the free trial, before I put in my key, maybe I will bounce around a couple servers to check them out.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by 8hammer8

Originally posted by dragonace

While that seems like a good idea...what is the best way to check the population?  Is it getting to Bree or where?  I just started playing on Landroval...and have not got to Bree yet as I am just doing the local quests.  I usually jump on around 8:00 PM PST and play to 11PM-12AM.  The most I have scene in my social panel around my level is around 11-15 people (I don't know if that is a lot of a little as I have nothing to base it on in the game). 

The most people I have scene in one area now is during MP which I tried last night (btw...first impression of that was: useless and annoying.  But not giving up and will go back at it again) where there were about 20+ people between freeps and creeps just bashing on eachother ( I now see why people say the creeps are so under powered).

Today is the last day of the free trial, before I put in my key, maybe I will bounce around a couple servers to check them out.

Depending on your level and what area you were in, that seems a bit low.

From the time periods that you play, you might want to try the Elendilmir server, as it's the "unofficial" Oceanic server and has lots of Austrailian and New Zealand players on it.  I'm on the Elendilmir server, but I'm about 2 hours ahead of the times you play.  It seems pretty populated to me, especially during the weekends.

If you are still not satisfied with the pop. then check out Brandywine, as it's usually the most populated.  However, you may not like the queues that you'll have to endure when the new updates come out.  :)

Elendilmir has some queues during the new updates as well, but it's usually only 3-5 minutes, so not too bad.

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236

My cruising around since release, has left me with the impression, that Brandywine is the most populated. I see another poster said that as well.