Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CNN/YouTube Republican Debate

2»

Comments

• Sounds like we all agree the debate seemed more like a joke then anything else.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by abbaba

I find it hilarious that CNN used democratic campaign workers to ask some of the questions.
    Seriously hilarious, and CNN expects us to take them seriously.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314002,00.html

Bingo, there was a huge article about how a dozen or so of the people asking questions were known contributors and supportors of various democrat candidates, including Obama, Edwards, and Clinton.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• To be fair, the Democrat version of the YouTube debate was no less ridiculous. Anyone remember the snowman?

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Woot McCain '08.  I think I am the only one who wants McCain to win.  I am registered as an independant because moderates are so rare.  Most candidates take views so far to the left or right that I just can't fully agree with many of them.  Also McCain seems to be the only one who actually has the experience to make things work, not to mention the integrity.  Most seem to just be spewing BS promises and hopes, while McCain is telling them how.

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by Sawtooth

To be fair, the Democrat version of the YouTube debate was no less ridiculous. Anyone remember the snowman?

Exactly.  The point is to keep us trapped in this phony left/right paradigm.  Pay close attention to the song & dance, watch the funny snowman ask a dumb question, but for gods sake, don't think!  Just accept the predetermined conclusion as its delivered to you in an entertaining fashion.  Don't resist, go peacefully to slaughter.  We can all pretend together that there is a debate going on.  I'm a Democrat! I'm a Republican!  I'm a brainwashed slave incapable of or totally disinterested in thinking for myself! It's so easy it must be right.  After all, the TV would never try to deceive me.  Right? 

• UniqueNameUniqueName Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by CleffyII

Woot McCain '08.  I think I am the only one who wants McCain to win.  I am registered as an independant because moderates are so rare.  Most candidates take views so far to the left or right that I just can't fully agree with many of them.  Also McCain seems to be the only one who actually has the experience to make things work, not to mention the integrity.  Most seem to just be spewing BS promises and hopes, while McCain is telling them how.

McCain is not a moderate. He tries to sell himself as that, but he isn't.

I think you have to be pretty extreme to give Bush a big hug like that imo.

• renstimpy99renstimpy99 Member Posts: 175

Democrats asked SOME questions? Ohhh the humanity thats just awful.   Did the questions make the candidates look stupid?

But yes I do agree if those who asked some of the questions were posing as something they were not then thats wrong and stupid. I mean they must have known they would be found out.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

So he is now a hardcore conservative?

Originally posted by UniqueName

McCain:

McCain-Feingold Campaign Reform Act
    (passed with overwhelming Democratic support btw)

Amnesty...he's even more far left than some liberals.

Need I saw more about these two liberals?

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

Both trade and immigration are anhilating the Republican party.  If the Republican leadership isn't returned to its original principles of quasi-protectionism and quasi-nativism, it will lose big time in 2008. 

Free trade and open borders is for Libertarians.  How many elections have Libertarians won?  I rest my case.