Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are the new Trinity graphics?

Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

How are the new graphics on the Serenity server?

Do they live up to the hype? How do they compare to the trailer?

If somebody has a new computer or graphics card, that would be a good test.

Comments

• gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194

I was watching my flatmate play it. Doesn't seem to have to the dx9 bells and whistles on it yet. The ships and new textures are pretty cool. The gates though look amazing. They actually look big now because you can see alot more detail and get a feel for the size of it. New station interiors are nice also. Can't complain at all. The framerate seemed a bit choppy though. You'd best have a long skill training when this titan of a patch comes in and does a big steaming shit on the server.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

Originally posted by gmmonkey

I was watching my flatmate play it. Doesn't seem to have to the dx9 bells and whistles on it yet. The ships and new textures are pretty cool. The gates though look amazing. They actually look big now because you can see alot more detail and get a feel for the size of it. New station interiors are nice also. Can't complain at all. The framerate seemed a bit choppy though. You'd best have a long skill training when this titan of a patch comes in and does a big steaming shit on the server.

LMFAO!

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• RogueSevenRogueSeven Member Posts: 321

from what ive read on the forums, unless you have a sick computer, you wont get good frame rates with max shaders and HDR on, otherwise, looks like without that, people (with crappy-mediocre computers) are getting like 30+...which is good imo as it is hard to tell the difference between 30 and 60 for me...and seeing as it is impossible for the human eye to recognize 60 fps and 3 billion fps it seems good:D

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

It looks solid on  my computer and its alright. how well it well it will do with better hardware that is coming out down the line will be the real test. The current engine just doesn't get much better after a point.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Excellent! I'll have to save up for a new computer then!

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Originally posted by RogueSeven

from what ive read on the forums, unless you have a sick computer, you wont get good frame rates with max shaders and HDR on, otherwise, looks like without that, people (with crappy-mediocre computers) are getting like 30+...which is good imo as it is hard to tell the difference between 30 and 60 for me...and seeing as it is impossible for the human eye to recognize 60 fps and 3 billion fps it seems good:D

Yeah!

Here is somthing i did read a while back nice little read on Framerates.

"So what is the answer to how many frames per second should we be looking for? Anything over 60 fps is adequate, 72 fps is maximal (anything over that would be overkill). Framerates cannot drop though from that 72 fps, or we will start to see a degradation in the smoothness of the game. Don't get me wrong, it is not bad to play a game at 30 fps, it is fine, but to get the illusion of reality, you really need a frame rate of 72 fps. What this does is saturate the pipeline from your eyes to your visual cortex, just as reality does. As visual quality increases, it really becomes more important to keep frame rates high so we can get the most immersive feel possible. While we still may be several years away from photographic quality in 3D accelerators, it is important to keep the speed up there.

Looks like 3dfx isn't so full of it."

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

Originally posted by RogueSeven

From what ive read on the forums most of those problems are LAG related more thana nything. Its because there are a lot of people on the test server which is really an inferior server to run eve.

However i run EvE just fine on the test server so ill post my setup so people here can compare.

CPU - Intel 2.6 Ghz processor.

7600 Nvida graphics card.

2 gig ram.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• two2litrestwo2litres Member Posts: 50

so  an E6600 with 2gigs of ram and a 8800gts 640mb will run it without a problem do you think?

• FinwolvenFinwolven Member Posts: 289

Your setup will run Trinity very easily, and very well.

And the new graphics look absolutely spiffy! :D