Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP and Illegal Isk Farmers

WicaaWicaa Member Posts: 101

I am thinking about coming back but wanted to find out what ccp have done about the sweatshop isk farmers that either macro or infiltrate alliances to farm in 0.0

Yes they did affect my game.

Comments

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

Originally posted by Wicaa

I am thinking about coming back but wanted to find out what ccp have done about the sweatshop isk farmers that either macro or infiltrate alliances to farm in 0.0
    Yes they did affect my game.
    There are no macro isk farmers in 0.0.

There are however corperate isk famers of Pvp alts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127

From what I have seen CCP has done nothing , They still litter the recruitment chat with their spam every day.

o.O

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191

They are everywhere, including in 0.0.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• WicaaWicaa Member Posts: 101

They may not macro in 0.0 but they did in low sec, my question/statement perhaps should have been clearer but I meant farmers in general.

I can't stand wow but at least blizzard have done their utmost to clear up chat and whispers destroying pretty much all ingame communications that they can use.  The players can right click someone and tag them, I don't know how many tags it takes but its not many and they can't spam again until a GM investigates them.

I cant believe CCP haven't done more I played over a year and a half ago.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

I get at least 2 emails a day about buying ISK, and i used to send them to CCP as harrasment petitions, but they just closed and ignored them

imageimage

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1
    I get at least 2 emails a day about buying ISK, and i used to send them to CCP as harrasment petitions, but they just closed and ignored them
    TRIALS ARE FREE
    u dont get it ?

ban a bot account and get 10 more

CCP should remove trials so only ppl how wanna play have to pay and make some trial only via friend invite like Gmail

BestSigEver :P

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Trials are how eve grows there genius.  If there were no trials EVE wouldn't grow.  Just that simple.

As to the isk farmers?  I've never been solicited to buy isk since leaving the newbie corp and the recruitment channel as well as the rookie help channel eons ago.  Those three channels seem to be what isk sellers monitor for their evemail spam.  Once I stopped watching those channels I have never received another spam mail from an isk seller.

As far as how they affect the game?  I can honestly say I've never had a problem with them.  I've seen them around but they are far fewer and further between than they were before CCP started allowing players to legally sell Game Time Codes for isk.  Now that players have a legitimate means to get isk for $$$ if they want to the isk sellers have largely died out.  Yeah, there are a few out there.  But NOTHING like it was before.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

You dont see as many macro miners, but in quiet low sec areas you see countless macro haulers, they are running agent missions in low sec and there are sometimes that many its unbelievable.

In some cases people dont even bother shooting them if they are not -10 as its not worth the 15 minute criminal flag and they are just carrying npc garbage.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Not sure, my corp kills them when we find them in 0.0..... (yes, it happens on occasion) but its not often.....

Surprised they live in low sec.....you'd think the pirate corps would be hunting them down......

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

People who dont care about their sec status shoot them on sight, but for anyone else its really not worth the hassle they drop junk like construction blocks and the security penalty and the 15 mins of the sentry's shooting is to much of a hassle.

As to why they do it in low sec its probably because its quiet, you can go 6 jumps and not see anyone sometimes and the rewards are better than high sec to.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

i never had real issues with them, never really had any isk emails in eve, i think 1 or 2 but after that none. if im in a local or help channel i see them everyone tags the crap outta them, and notifies the GM's sometimes the GM's are already there, and ban them on site :P over all ive had almost no issues with isk farmers, cause frankly i dont buy it. if u dont feed the demand, you wont get a salesman at your door asking you if u want to buy.

its a personal decision that I dont buy isk, I would only buy isk, legitimately (if there was a way none i know of ) but i know there is away to sell isk to buy time cards which is good. but anyhoo not to get off on a rant,i think the problems is a individual to individual basis. so far my issues with isk farmers blabbing at me to buy isk, is practically non-existent as of now. makes my day in the game that much more enjoyable and immersive. try playing WOW or Lineage 2 and see how many gold selling heathens bang on your pm's lol. in WOW i can have an avarege of 10-15 tells a day. quite sickening. but i quite WOW now as I grew tired of its repetitive end game. gonna resub eve the 7th when i get paid. god can hardly wait.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

yeah there still is farmers in EVE, don't know if you find the common "sjldfk" type names any longer and I belive they have moved more over to do missions rather than mining... even that at the moment it seems to be very profitable to mine veldspar.

Back in the days it used to affect me alot more, because I where a miner and producer I had to give up mining, have been doing missionrunning and are still making money from that so no worries there.

Sometimes I belive that CCP don't care about the farmers because of some actions they have done, like changes so farmers had to buy an account instead of working from trials... (they still did not ban the farmers), and there are times I wish they publicy atleast said ... "today we banned 1000 farmers" or something like that, it should not violate their policy of that being a matter between the banned and CCP.

• TethTeth Member Posts: 56

Anybody who claims there are no isk farmers in 0.0 has obviously never been to Venal. It's pretty goddamned ugly up there, and if you play the genocide card in one particular constellation, they just shuffle away to another one until the persecuting parties get distracted with other obligations.

They are legion, and their numbers are ever-growing.

• GrunancaGrunanca Member Posts: 29

I am in a pirate corp and have the main farmer system as my neighbour. There are 24/7 130+ farmers hauling in the system. We sometimes kill them for hours and they keep coming. I had a 14 hours farmer killing session which lead to the death of more than 200 ships. All of them were back 10 min after we killed em.

Since then they have been sending in 15+ battleships each time I try to kill them, and I care about  my ships so dont wanna risk it so often anymore.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

CCP doesn't care about isk farmers. Like everything else in the game they prefer the community to handle. Since the community also drives the market who are they to tell their community how to play.

• travia21travia21 Member Posts: 23

Wow, there certainly are a lot of CCP employee's around here, since you all seem to know them so well. The truth is ISK farmers aren't as bad as they used to be, but you still get a lot of jdklmn's. CCP does ban them, and NO ONE knows anything more than that.

CCP likely does all they can to start ISK farmers, but if you'd pay attention to the forums, they can't necessarily go on a witch hunt, they have work to do on the actual game.

Also, players are often encouraged by their corp's to shoot down farmers, so the community does a lot about it, and since EVE doesn't give loot back like WoW, the ISK farmers lose money when this happens!

I can pwn if I want to, I can leave my pants behind...

• AdardowenAdardowen Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Kyleran

Surprised they live in low sec.....you'd think the pirate corps would be hunting them down......
    Bah, the pirate corps are usually pretty useless when it comes to serving the interests of the game.

I don't see any big macros anymore. I'm a miner/hauler myself and steal their ore whenever I see macros. Free ore = bonus.

• travia21travia21 Member Posts: 23

I too steal from macro-ers, but I disagree that pirate corps don't serve the interests of the game. They have on many occasion (twice) responded to my tip that a macro-er was mining. I've actually SEEN it. Ofc, they then try to kill you, so be sure to be far away. BTW, thx to all pirates for that, but if you blow my ship up again, I'll go to your house and.... anyways...

I can pwn if I want to, I can leave my pants behind...