Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The ONE thing you LOVE about WoW

I am a huge fan of Warcraft, and everyone keeps posting thing aoubt how they hate WoW. I would like to hear the one thing that you love most about this great game.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

most fun MMO for solo levelling

(maybe a little too good for solo play   )

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Addictive as..umm  Red Bull?

But I would have to say, if you played WoW for two years like I did and quit for EQ2 or another game you like....its hard to go back to WoW. I tried. All I did was sit in IF and say '"why am I here" BG? na...Raid..um no way don't have 6 hours to waist, duel? na...  craft? blah ....roll a horde alt....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Can't.. go back... to WoW.....

must.... stop.. thinking of things I love(d) in WoW.....

D*mn you! lol

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Agree with a previous poster, I enjoyed the solo leveling aspect of the game, and agree, probably too much which probably explains why I created 5 level 60's (4 alliance, 1 horde, across 3 servers) and managed to raid through AQ 40 on one of them.

But 'great' game?  Lets just call it a good game and leave it at that. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163

I have a "Love - Hate" relationship with Wow hehe

My 2 loves of Wow are these:

1). Non Combat Pets.. I just love em, what can I say!!

2). Better soloing now. There was so many times, I could not get a decent group to save me.. due to weird work hours and RL other things.

So, I will continue to play Wow.. thru thick and thin, regardless of what others say about this game.

"Huntress"

• WicaaWicaa Member Posts: 101

Raiding for up to 6 hours a night or I loose my guild spot - Oh Wait no didn't like that.

Arena and pvp, war without the chaos of many opponents in a room smaller than a battlefield building- Oh Wait no didn't like that.

Farming gold in order to pay for my repair costs in the form of daily quests or otherwise - Oh Wait no didn't like that.

Competing for mobs with gold farmers - Oh Wait no didn't like that.

Trying to find a group that didn't entail muppets - Oh Wait no didn't like that.

Epic arms race that drove some people insane enough to screw over gaming friends and the race to catch up with the top guilds - Oh Wait no didn't like that.

Every expansion so far increasing the level cap with new top end raiding instances to grind practically for the next load of loot again. - Oh Wait no didn't like that.

What I did like though was the sound of a gnome dieing when I killed it in pvp.

• xtravertxtravert Member UncommonPosts: 134

The ONE thing I LOVE about WoW is that all my friends who play MMOs play WoW.

The ONE thing I HATE about WoW is that it's the only MMO my friends play.

• ReccooReccoo Member Posts: 197

I love how it has survived all the so called wow killing games thus far.  Aoc going to fail along with War.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Night Elf Michael Jackson dance......simply awesome 

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

The ONE thing I love about WoW is that it sets the bar so high on quality & quantity of content and polish that it forces all of the new games coming out to either measure up or pack it in.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

The thing I love most is that the lore and quests are (for the most part) well-written.  Such a thing is getting harder and harder to find in the newer MMOs.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

My night elf mohawk!

There is a long list I could come up with, but the one thing that struck me after playing for a few weeks and keeps hitting me over and over is that I don't have to break gameplay because of some bug of glitch.  It made me realize how much time I spent in other games hitting the net to find a work around to some problem or see if something was working properly.  It really opened my eyes to just how low my standards had become.

• BedaBeda Member Posts: 86

The one thing I loved about WoW is the uninstall screen. 

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I love the way they made Priest be able to heal and be a pretty wicked damage dealer.

Originally posted by Beda

The one thing I loved about WoW is the uninstall screen. 

I think you made a mistake.  Isn't trolling the WoW boards and whining about the game your favorite thing about WoW?

• CreamSodaCreamSoda Member Posts: 86

Mechanostriders.

• IsomanIsoman Member UncommonPosts: 31

The first thing I loved about WoW was the game stability. Rarely experienced any lag or crash to desktop. The second thing I loved about WoW was the interface. Top notch.

• shad0w99shad0w99 Member Posts: 168

Definitely the relatively bug-free and polished-ness of the game :-)

By no means my favourite game ever, but definitely the most polished MMO I've played.

MMOs played (In order of how much I've liked them): Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, City of Villains / Heroes, Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Anarchy Online, Ryzom, Final Fantasy XI, Matrix Online, RF Online, Rappelz, Hero Online, Roma Victor

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

The one thing I love the most about WoW:

Tauren Culture.

• tylerthedruitylerthedrui Member Posts: 304

The polish

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Frankly I must admit even I can say something positive that I love about this game. First it's the best uninstall I ever had. Took only about a two seconds. And second the easiness in cancelling one's account. Only like three stupid questions "Are you sure?" "We're gonna cancel your account, ok? "Look about all the new things we have in works, still want to cancel it?", that's actually less than in most of the other games.

REALITY CHECK

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by Thillian

Frankly I must admit even I can say something positive that I love about this game. First it's the best uninstall I ever had. Took only about a two seconds. And second the easiness in cancelling one's account. Only like three stupid questions "Are you sure?" "We're gonna cancel your account, ok? "Look about all the new things we have in works, still want to cancel it?", that's actually less than in most of the other games.

You compare MMO's by the uninstall process??  I've canceled and came back to WoW when I had free time at least five times now and four of the cancels the account cancellation service was mysteriously 'down' and would always just loop back and not let me cancel.  I had to wait a few days and try again.  I would rate this as one of the worst in this category only beat by EQ2.

I still think it's a great game.  I'm not the type that hates things that gave me great memories when the relationship goes cold.

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Few things I love in any game, but I both like and dislike the solo part in WoW. Like it cause it allows me to solo to endgame never having to bother with all the shitty pugs out there. Dislike it for the same reason, I like to group up and tackle hard stuff, but Blizzard discourage that as you get less xp and loot that way...Bleh...

Ofcourse nothing can beat the first mmo you played, and loved too For me it was Anarchy Online. Too bad that game is dying a slow death now. You see empty zones all over the place, even at endgame.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• TotalPSATotalPSA Member Posts: 17

I love that i was able to stop playing/paying for it.

• BedaBeda Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Thillian

AMEN!

• boodisboodis Member Posts: 77

The first thing which comes to my mind would be WoWs graphics, just really love the feel of the world. It really makes the game feel really alive. The cartoon style was just perfect for me.