Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online vs story

First off,  im sorry if this has already been asked.  But is this game worth buying or even renting if you were to just play the story mode?

Any advice would. Thanks

Comments

• Mak-A-VeliMak-A-Veli Member Posts: 18

sorry for the double post, but i meant to say "any advice would be helpful"

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Opinions will vary widely, so it's hard to say.  I found the Offline Story mode to be pretty weak.  The main problem with it was that the writing and the voice acting were horrid.  I was unable to even get through the entire story, personally.  If you own a PS2 there are so many superior offline RPGs to try that I can't see why you would be tempted, personally.   

Maybe someone that liked it more than me will pipe and give you a more balanced view, but imo...hell no.   Online is much better than offline, and even that only held me for a couple of weeks.

The expansion is rumored to be better, but I haven't played it and so can't comment on it.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• asasenpaiasasenpai Member Posts: 124

I prefer online cuz you get more missions and a new chapter.

• KitWarriorKitWarrior Member Posts: 3

It's my impression you'll even have a different experience based on which system you have.  PC?  PS2?  XBox?  Something about having more NPC voices and also different video quality.

* you want to play online... you want to play online... * 

• One0SpartanOne0Spartan Member Posts: 9

I hate this game. PSO had so much going for it.

• smallsnsmallsn Member Posts: 12

I played this on Xbox 360. The graphic were alright. But when it goes to the movie parts like when you see main character talk to the leader or interact with another person you see the graphic are the same. If you play you understand what i mean. I tought it was alright took me 21 hours around gameplay to complete the game. I finsih it in 3days. Wanted to have more chapter but yeah. 

Tried to go online but NOO play 19.99 for a fken month serious i bought the game let me bloody have a trial. T.T

This game reminded me off FFX i reckon.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

It's actually only 9.99 dollars a month as far as I know. I'm not sure if it's really worth even that price though.

I'm thinking of trying it just for the heck of it.

• ConfettiConfetti Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by alacres

It's actually only 9.99 dollars a month as far as I know. I'm not sure if it's really worth even that price though.
    I'm thinking of trying it just for the heck of it.
    Yes, it is only 9.99 a month. Unfortuantely, there's no free month, but you get 14 free days, so you don't have to pay until 45 days after you pay. It's a great game; I'm a currently player, actually. =) Hope this helps!
  • smallsnsmallsn Member Posts: 12

Yeah 9.99 as in PC yeah. But this is in Xbox 360 i think it was 19.99 or was it the game as download not so sure but i guess the computer version sounds better.

• JuankisJuankis Member UncommonPosts: 166

The game's subscription is 9.99 a month, the price is the same on all 3 platforms, and you don't need a paid gold subscription to Xbox Live.

In the Xbox, the expansion is download only and it costs 1600 MS points which is $ 20.00 dollars, whereas for PC/PS2 it is a boxed set and goes for $40.00 but you don't need the original PSU disc. And lastly on xbox 360 you can download a free trail of the online version from the market place.