Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think so far??

Rampage101Rampage101 Member Posts: 50
What do you think of this game so far?? Is it good, Is it bad. Would you like if Guildwars told you more of the game and showed you more of it? And if so, why? Share your thoughts on this Topicimage

Mess with the best. DIE like the rest!!

Me kill you good...

Comments

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

I think arenanet is sharing alot more information than any other serious company has shared in the past.

Open alpha test/demo for a highly anticipated title? Who else has done that?

How can you possibly share any more information at this stage than sharing the game itself to the whole world?

Arenanet is showing brilliance and dedication which hasn't been seen in video gaming in a about 2-3 years.

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Actually Tiber....I think WoW and EQ2 are also showing quite alot of information and showing alot of screens and videos.....

I mean EQ2 has so many videos and its not even in Phase 1.....not that know of at least.....

But yes GW does look good.....but I do wish they had more screens and stuff.....and you can see below GW is one of my most antcipated games...under WoW and EQ2.....one plus for this game is the fact that there is no monthly fee......that is so cool....

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Currently playing
    Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
    DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

GW had open 4 day alpha test to the public. Uhhmm but if you say the other 2 are showing more you must be right.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I got to play the E3 Alpha and I must say I was fully impressed with what I say!  Everyone was locked at level 15, but the spells you could get, the PvP... truly amazing!

I was an elementist [whatever that was] / necro and I was to strong... my spells could easily knock you down... slow you down... take your life, etc...  when I read that the E3 was in Alpha, I couldn't believe my eyes!

Plus once you buy the game, that's it... NO monthly fees!

What will he do next?
  • Rampage101Rampage101 Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by Tiberiux

I think arenanet is sharing alot more information than any other serious company has shared in the past.
    Open alpha test/demo for a highly anticipated title? Who else has done that?
    How can you possibly share any more information at this stage than sharing the game itself to the whole world?
    Arenanet is showing brilliance and dedication which hasn't been seen in video gaming in a about 2-3 years.

I didn't said the game was bad. I said would you like if you knew more of this great game.

Mess with the best. DIE like the rest!!

Me kill you good...

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680
    There is such a thing as suspense.  WoW isn't holding back on any info, they say everything that has happened so far.  GW is holding some stuff back i belive.  As is Eq2, they may have released alot of screens and videos, but they haven't told people much about the actual game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -EQ1 character:Grotub, shaman of the Tribunal server

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

Screens and videos are NOTHING compared to having actually gotten to play it. Sure, I'd like more info on GW. But consider that they've already gone so far above and beyond anything else in terms of opening up and community involvement, I can't complain.

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680
    Above and beyond everything else....i wouldn't stretch it that far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -EQ1 character:Grotub, shaman of the Tribunal server

• royalsroyals Member Posts: 27
    I like when they keep lots of information a secret. It makes playing the game for the first time so much better and that is how you get hooked off the start. Of course I already have played it for the first time....
  • PillonatorPillonator Member Posts: 27

Actually i there giving alot of info already and i just recently saw the whole list of skills they got and they have alot.  That was one of the main things i wanted to see, now im waitign to see some items.

There's no cooking like mama's cooking!!!!

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    The E3 For Everyone GW thing they had showed some absolutely immense promise for this game.  For one thing it was one of the fastest loading, smoothest running games I have ever played in my entire life.  The graphics were freat and it seems like it has absolutely massive potential.  And the no monthly fee thing has certainly got my attention.  But I sure haven't seen a lot about this game since then, so I'm curious if it will actually come out this year?  Maybe other people no more about this then I do, but it just seems like info on this game is coming out pretty slowly.  Sometimes I really wonder if they can afford to run this game with no monthly fee.

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

CoH: Level 24 Invulnerability/Super Strength Tanker++Level 14 Gravity/Storm Controller
    DAoC: Level 42 Paladin

Like: DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Well oracle thing of it this way with the whole thing on "No monthly fee"

Ok....say they already have like......15 thousand in the game ok...they may have like....jsut say 1 mill...

985,000 left.

So not only do they have 985,00 left...they will make say......450,000 from people buying the game alone

+450,000

and thats just say what they make on release....imagine...some poeple let their friends and family play..and bam even more are buying it and more and more....

and who knows jsut like EQ they may make and sell a strat guide.....or figures...or somehting and they will have plenty of money to run this game....

not to mention sice they are instanceing all zones.......it will cost them less a month for servers since the small amount of people in the zone=less memory use and stuff......

Uilwen
    Waiting for
    Everquest 2
    World of warcraft
    Half-life 2
    Guild wars

Currently playing
    Everquest...45 wood elf Ranger
    DAoC.....26 Paladin *albion*

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

• PillonatorPillonator Member Posts: 27

i absolutely think the game may be coming out next year.  I mean everything seems to be done at a very slow but secure pace.  Im thinking we wont be seeing this game in the shelfs until next year or xmas this year.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767
    I played E3 religiously. Had E3 been the final version (assuming they had added 100 more missions) I would have bought it.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'ni' at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred."
    MP

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• JohnnyVJohnnyV Member Posts: 124
    To say that GW has shown less than WoW or EQ2 is wrong IMHO. I mean they released a demo....and a demo cant compare with video or screens... a video and screenshots arent interactive. I wouldnt go as far to say that what they have done is the greatest thing a developing company has done in years, cause demos are made all the time.... The E3 event was well thought out and was a definite good business move by ArenaNet...showing alot of considerations to gamers.....Cant wait to see the final product which is slated for Fall 2004...... they say beta will start at end of July...so maybe a late Fall release is feasable. I semi-agree with saying that i would buy the game as it is now....maybe at a very good bargain bin price...$9.99 hope that value increases as more is seen

• ImmanuelKantImmanuelKant Member Posts: 6

I had (have) E3 GW withdrawal, I thought it was that good.image