Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trinity hits Test server!!! Screenshots with in!!!

NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=645221

The new graphics hit the test server and well good luck getting in. Overall ships look a lot cleaner and nicer to look at. Tons of screenshots in the above thread too many for me to bother reposting here.

Comments

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

When can we expect  Trinity to hit live as I am new to the update process with Eve?

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454

How does one join test server? Do I need 2nd EvE install just for it?

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • TambourineTambourine Member UncommonPosts: 181

Sweet Jeebus, I'm on the test server now. Doing the art upgrade thing.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by DrSmaSh

just make a copy of your current tq install, on the eve site go to patches then select test patches and download the one that goes from current tq build to sisi build, then go onto the eve game developement forum and look at the sticky for how to get onto the test server...that's all the instructions you should need.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Trinity is scheduled to release sometime this month or next month currently.  Generally once it's on SISI it's about 1-3 weeks from release.  And, in actuality:  Most of Trinity has been on SISI for a while.  They're just now adding the new graphics as before they were testing the new mechanics.  My guess is Trinity will go live in 1-2 weeks at most barring any major bugs being discovered with the code within the next few days.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

It's intriging to see the old Gallentee Titan design getting a face lift. I wonder what plans they have for that ship?

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

Originally posted by DrSmaSh

Its pretty easy.

1. make second copy of EvE directory.

2. Patch it with the right test patch [can be found in same xection normal patches are.

3. open up new clien but dont log in yet.

4. Find the bit that activates the art content download and press it [it will show a download progress]..

5. When download is done patch your client then log into the test server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

If the client is working as designed, you shouldn't have to wait for the DX9 art content to download/update before logging in. I will tell you that its done when you dock if you are in game.

//insert sig here
  • KnivesOnlyKnivesOnly Member Posts: 401

Is it just me or do the ships not look that good in their screenshots?

I really wish'd they'd totally remodel the old horrible ugly ships like the caldari frigates and battleships and stuff, it's like the new capital ships are how each races ships should look like, the rest of them just still look very dated.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by KnivesOnly

I really wish'd they'd totally remodel the old horrible ugly ships like the caldari frigates and battleships and stuff, it's like the new capital ships are how each races ships should look like, the rest of them just still look very dated.

As a lot of people have brought up on the forums the graphics you get on the screenshoots from players is going to be worse on average. This comes from varying systems qualities, I'm sure my 7800 GT isn't going to look as good as a Dev machine running multiple cards in SLI or even somebody with a 8800 GT card.

Edit: also a lot of the shots are in station and the ships look a bit different in space with the lighting effects on them. The stations have a more uniformed light sourcing at the moment.

• omegaflareomegaflare Member UncommonPosts: 220

Originally posted by Nicoli

Originally posted by KnivesOnly

As a lot of people have brought up on the forums the graphics you get on the screenshoots from players is going to be worse on average. This comes from varying systems qualities, I'm sure my 7800 GT isn't going to look as good as a Dev machine running multiple cards in SLI or even somebody with a 8800 GT card.

Edit: also a lot of the shots are in station and the ships look a bit different in space with the lighting effects on them. The stations have a more uniformed light sourcing at the moment.

NO!

SLI doesn't make the graphic prettier. OMG! Seriosuly, Nvidia needs to stop spoon-feeding you this obvious bullshit.

• ShinzouShinzou Member Posts: 34

For those that are wondering, release date for Trinity is December 5th. 

Also, screenshots rarely look as good as when you are actually in the game or watching a video. Video cards don't matter much either in terms of how things look. Performance with good settings, yes. SLI doesn't improve how things look, just performace on SOME games. 

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312
    Originally posted by omegaflare

Originally posted by Nicoli

NO!

SLI doesn't make the graphic prettier. OMG! Seriosuly, Nvidia needs to stop spoon-feeding you this obvious bullshit.

Really!!! no kidding?!

What it does do is allow you to toss on all the bells and whistles in the graphics options with out the game screeching to a slide show.  As such SLI/better cards does allow you to effectively get better graphics because you can actually play with the options allowed. Sure I can get the pretty graphics seen in the trailer with my 7800 GT but it runs at a whooping 2 FPS. My friends Dual 8800 in SLI however gets 56fps with the same option on it. So maybe its not so much bullshit as reality, unless you like playing games at slideshow speeds just so you can say your card looks as good as those dual setup in SLI?

• BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237

They just announced the Live Release date, December 5th, at 20:00 ever server time the Trinity will start to be applied