Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard or LOTRO?

detalsdetals Member Posts: 9

I just can't decide what I should play. I played VG after its release and although the concept was really appealing the performance issues and bugs made me leave quite fast again (was playing on a PvP server). All the option and possibilities in the game seemed great.

did VG improve a lot since release? are there still people playing in the pvp server? is it worth going back to that game?

Thx

Comments

• Hoobley_deletedHoobley_deleted Member Posts: 677

I played LotRO during the open beta and have done the trial twice and I just can't help but feel there is something missing, it feels very shallow to me.

I was also in Vanguard beta from about stage 3, I had high hopes for it, but it just released too soon. I hear that things are greatly improved these days and that servers have been merged so populations are a little better. I was kind of hanging out for the Trial of Vanguard with a view to actually playing, but I'm also concerned that if it's like EQII's 'Trial of the Isle' that this may not be a true representation of the state of the game.

I keep thinking of buying Vanguard and it certainly seems a lot more appealing than LotRO to me and I think it has the depth to keep me entertained longer, but who knows....

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Ugh I don't understand anyone liking LoTRO.  I think it's one of the worst MMO's to be released right there with Dungeons and Dragons Online.  I feel like the Devs have bought off every reviewer or something.  It's like a big confusing joke to me.  So of course i'd say go with Vanguard.  Seriously... LoTRo is pretty lame.

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

Originally posted by ProfRed

Ugh I don't understand anyone liking LoTRO.  I think it's one of the worst MMO's to be released right there with Dungeons and Dragons Online.  I feel like the Devs have bought off every reviewer or something.  It's like a big confusing joke to me.  So of course i'd say go with Vanguard.  Seriously... LoTRo is pretty lame.
    I'm right there with you buddy. Lotro had nothing for me in it at all. Too much hand holding for me personally, and not enough content to warrant alts or anything.

Now, had they stuck with Middle Earth Online it'd probably be a different story.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by TedDanson

Originally posted by ProfRed

I'm right there with you buddy. Lotro had nothing for me in it at all. Too much hand holding for me personally, and not enough content to warrant alts or anything.

Now, had they stuck with Middle Earth Online it'd probably be a different story.

Wow i'm feeling less insane now.  Watch your back.. Turbine might have both of us axed.  The worst part is I have friends from school in my final project for Game Dev BS that work for Turbine on Lotro.  I should be biased right?