Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will FC make their AoC deadline?

Theres been more speculation about FC missing another release date.

Whats that about?

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by Sabradin

Whats that about?

Well, firstly lets look at the industry at the moment; we have mmorpg's been delayed one after the other, so a delay now is something to be expected during a games developement cycle. Its nothing new.

We should also realise that the game has been pushed back before, and it might do again.

We have just seen Warhammer been pushed back another Quarter so naturally speculation is going to happen, where by people question AoC's release date too.

Funcom released their Financial Report for the 3rd Quarter 2007 not long ago, on the face of it everything seemed fine there.

Within the past month we have had a couple of developer quotes that mention that to them, one states that "things look good" for a March 2008 release.

We have seen things said before that were "fine" in the development cycle and then experienced a pushback.

In the general scope of things, if your interested in Age of Conan and want to play the game, you just want to play a finished decent game. So really whenever that happens the better, until that time comes (which it will) all we can do is just keep tabs on the game. Sure the pushbacks upset some people more than others, but really all we can do is wait and see and let the devs carry on with their awesome work so far.

Basically it could happen, but at this stage of development the postives outweigh the negatives to indicate that it will release end of March 2008. Just keep in the back of your mind it could be pushed back.

Now your probably see people posting stuff like - Where's the Crafting info? Where's videos of all the classes? Where's more Siege Info? etc etc which is fair enough..

But i'm more inclined just to sit back, fasten the seatbelt and wait for an awesome game. It comes when it comes.

• malefacusmalefacus Member Posts: 135

I belive that we will have a beter idea on that in January. If the beta open up to a lots, we will know release is coming. But if there is another delay it will be pretty short I belive. Either way, what truly matter is that we have concrete signs that the game is getter better and better. And they send more beta invite every months.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Enjoy the banstick.  They deleted the 40 post thread for a reason and your post will follow.

Just because you have issue with Athelan, doesn't mean you have the right to post that stuff.  Obviously Funcom knows who you are and I'm glad.  Hopefully they will take you to court and sue you.  NDAs are there for a reason.  The game is still in beta.  If they wanted us to know all the details about the true state of the game they'd tell us.

Good luck and good bye Firstimer... errr, onlytimer because like a thanksgiving day turkey, you are done.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• ReccooReccoo Member Posts: 197

Well they have already missed 3 dead lines if i recall correctly.  But what is more worrying is the fact that Aoc was meant for release just a few weeks ago, and that would have meant they should have had like 95% of the game completed.  But what they lead everyone along saying things were on schedule, and then like a month from release they say they were putting the release date back again.  Also looking at what the leaked beta information guy said, it shows that Funcom are along way away from releasing this game.  There has been virtually nothing seen of actual in game pvp footage, given the fact this game is being hyped as the next big pvp game.  If what the guy in beta said, then we can lookforward to yet another delay of this game,infact im really hoping Darkfall comes out before war and Aoc.  I also think War will be delayed yet again.

• aionownsaionowns Member Posts: 175
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Whats that about?

Well, firstly lets look at the industry at the moment; we have mmorpg's been delayed one after the other, so a delay now is something to be expected during a games developement cycle. Its nothing new.

We should also realise that the game has been pushed back before, and it might do again.

We have just seen Warhammer been pushed back another Quarter so naturally speculation is going to happen, where by people question AoC's release date too.

Funcom released their Financial Report for the 3rd Quarter 2007 not long ago, on the face of it everything seemed fine there.

Within the past month we have had a couple of developer quotes that mention that to them, one states that "things look good" for a March 2008 release.

We have seen things said before that were "fine" in the development cycle and then experienced a pushback.

In the general scope of things, if your interested in Age of Conan and want to play the game, you just want to play a finished decent game. So really whenever that happens the better, until that time comes (which it will) all we can do is just keep tabs on the game. Sure the pushbacks upset some people more than others, but really all we can do is wait and see and let the devs carry on with their awesome work so far.

Basically it could happen, but at this stage of development the postives outweigh the negatives to indicate that it will release end of March 2008. Just keep in the back of your mind it could be pushed back.

Now your probably see people posting stuff like - Where's the Crafting info? Where's videos of all the classes? Where's more Siege Info? etc etc which is fair enough..

But i'm more inclined just to sit back, fasten the seatbelt and wait for an awesome game. It comes when it comes.

see the difference in the WAR push back and the possible AoC push back is this. WAR pushed back the release date to ADD things to better the game. now im not an AoC fanboi cause i think AoC is lame, but what ive heard is that AoC was removing some things. so this indicates either A) it sucked in-game or B) they bit off more then they can chew. so if they do push back its because they have to re-work some of the code to close the holes from where things were removed.

• WakingPulseWakingPulse Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by firsttimer
    <Mod edit>

And that is the reason NDAs exist.

Have you ever seen how much a game can change in a few months? Obviously not.

Originally posted by aionowns

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Whats that about?

see the difference in the WAR push back and the possible AoC push back is this. WAR pushed back the release date to ADD things to better the game. now im not an AoC fanboi cause i think AoC is lame, but what ive heard is that AoC was removing some things. so this indicates either A) it sucked in-game or B) they bit off more then they can chew. so if they do push back its because they have to re-work some of the code to close the holes from where things were removed.

You see the same thing  / reason was given in AoC's pushback at the start of the year then War followed suit. Then AoC pushed the game back to Oct, then War pushed back to Q2 08. But each time was to add stuff in not take out.. Warhammer just got pushed back because they realised they couldn't promise their saying "war is everywhere" and are reworking their RvR with flagging now, meaning it wasn't good or that good to begin with. Now the point is both games listen to beta feedback, and have subseqently delayed games for similar reasons.

In an interview done by Gaute just a few weeks back he said, they have developed everything they want to the game, they aren't adding more stuff in, they just are ready to polish the game up for launch. And that there is the difference.

But this isnt about war, its the fact that, that game got delayed and naturally a few people think AoC will too, thought indications are stronger that it wont than it will right now :)

• pirate3335pirate3335 Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by WakingPulse

Originally posted by firsttimer
    <Mod edit>

And that is the reason NDAs exist.

Have you ever seen how much a game can change in a few months? Obviously not.

agreed, beta is beta, things can change drastically, ive even seen games that looked good in beta and cancelled just before release. the fact is this too: even if a game releases and doesnt contain alot of features but it works and runs smooth, it doesnt matter. because most mmos add content. the most important thing is that it is bug free and good quality. features will always be added later. im hoping AoC, WAR, and Darkfall are all successful, they have something that should offer the gaming community something good, i hope!

You goto stop quoting the guy who puts the NDA break link in - otherwise your post will be deleted too and therefore your point wont get across.!

• AtroxyAtroxy Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Reccoo

Well they have already missed 3 dead lines if i recall correctly.  But what is more worrying is the fact that Aoc was meant for release just a few weeks ago, and that would have meant they should have had like 95% of the game completed.  But what they lead everyone along saying things were on schedule, and then like a month from release they say they were putting the release date back again.  Also looking at what the leaked beta information guy said, it shows that Funcom are along way away from releasing this game.  There has been virtually nothing seen of actual in game pvp footage, given the fact this game is being hyped as the next big pvp game.  If what the guy in beta said, then we can lookforward to yet another delay of this game,infact im really hoping Darkfall comes out before war and Aoc.  I also think War will be delayed yet again.

I've got 2 words for you, Stop Guessing!

I don't know if you've realized it, but AoC has been in development for over 4 years. So pls don't compare this to WAR, which hasn't even reached it's third year. WAR may be delayed until the end of 2008. But then again, it might not. I doubt AoC will be delayed again.

It doesn't mean, they haven't shown much PvP that it aint there. You can't possibly expect them to reveal everything before launch, do you?

So stop guessing, and let's just wait and see what the tide brings us.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

You just gotta know when to say when.  First you destroy your reputation with Athelan and who knows how many other people.  Then, when reality sets in you see how much collateral damage you post caused and you feel guilty.  Now you post that you were hacked.  

Let me think. 

In reality, I think you were drunk last night.  Got pissed that something wasn't going your way on the closed beta forums and you decided to "get even" while drunk.  As such, you came here and posted to "get even".  Then, this morning when you woke up you saw the ramifications of your drinking and had to think up a story to cover your ass from your "victory parade" last night.  Thus, the "hack story" was born.

At least if you were have come out and told the truth I would have respected you for it.  I don't know if Athelan or anyone at Funcom would have forgiven you and let you continue in beta, but at least they would have respected you for coming forward and apologizing.  But making up a "I was hacked" story after realizing what you had done is just laughable.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• MyMainBannedMyMainBanned Member Posts: 112

I like drama:)

Jarrery, could you please invest more feelings in your posts? Thanks.

• Hmm anyone know the join date of the other "Jarery" account that posted the NDA breach?

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

Get ready guys. AoC is coming to a store near you!!!

• AtroxyAtroxy Member Posts: 21

Sure, on March the 25th of next year. Your a bit early ;).

This discussion has been closed.