Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light

MrEvilDrMrEvilDr Member Posts: 84

The game is free?

The graphics look amazing. That usually means the game is gonna go P2P.

What's the catch here?

Comments

• outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

Apparently its buggy, although i havn't tried it.

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

• rbrickleyrbrickley Member UncommonPosts: 52

I was in both the launch of Vanguard and Dark and Light.  DnL is hands down the worst launch I have ever seen.  There are bugs still in the game that were first reported back in 2002-2003 during beta that I was able to find in the forums at launch.  This one was full of the "potential" that we all love to see but fell hard.  There is also a legal battle going on over the ownership of the game tech.  Was also a lot of duplicate billing from the company.  If you can get on without giving a credit card number and you can actually stay logged on for more than 5 minutes it still isn't worth it.

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

The catch is that the game is run by scam artists, and there are more bugs in this game than in the Amazon Jungle.

It used to be P2P, but was a big disappointment. That's why it has a rating of 3.3.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

It really makes you wonder how companies can still make any profit off such poorly constructed games when there is some decent ones out there as competition.  It's like no matter what you put out there, there are people who are dumb enough to give it a try and some who are rediculous enough to not care that they are wasting money on something that is so terrible. 

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Very possibily the worst MMORPG ever released.   Do a Google search and you can see the sorry history of this disaster.

Dark and Light serves as a warning to other developers how NOT to make a game and an example of truly incompetent morons who shouldn't have been allowing into the gaming market.