Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is going to be huge

2»

Comments

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

Sovrath, for what my words are worth, I totally agree with you!

• pur3.5yncpur3.5ync Member Posts: 55

I don't want to comment on whether this game will be good or bad let alone successful or not.

But, the game seems to have some positive appeal to all ages and sexes alike (even just by it's graphics & gameplay videos imo).

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

i agree, girls will want to play this more then say..warhammer online

• jermell18jermell18 Member UncommonPosts: 124

Hey, who said some thing about the guys pretending to be girls...thats not fair..:D

Crossfire 2 x (ATI 2600xt HD)

• CorodylCorodyl Member Posts: 122

Really want to love this game, if .hack//sign immersion ever comes about.... i want .hack//aion. But from the last beta reports that were on Aionsource the game is a grindfest. And past a certain pnt grping is a must, think the guy said - 1min 30sec just to kill 1 mob(?!?)- search Aionsource general forum 'translation'.

The west as a whole ain't interested in grind fests/forced grping these days- just look at the upcoming games. But if it wants to keep 90sec kills and frced grping.... well im sure it'll still be big in Asia.

• BlazingChaosBlazingChaos Member Posts: 12

My guild and i are actually looking forward to it. If you wanna solo go play a console game alot of the western world is looking forward to aion because it is pushing for grouping very early and you cant get to a high level by key spamming. if your looking for something easy go play wow with the kiddies.

Played- WOW.DAOC.COH/COV.RFO
    Playing- nothing
    Waiting for- Aion

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by Corodyl

Really want to love this game, if .hack//sign immersion ever comes about.... i want .hack//aion. But from the last beta reports that were on Aionsource the game is a grindfest. And past a certain pnt grping is a must, think the guy said - 1min 30sec just to kill 1 mob(?!?)- search Aionsource general forum 'translation'.
    The west as a whole ain't interested in grind fests/forced grping these days- just look at the upcoming games. But if it wants to keep 90sec kills and frced grping.... well im sure it'll still be big in Asia.

I sure as hell am.  I find it to be much more fun interacting with others, progressing together and facing a challenge.  I also find that having to level with others makes for a more mature, respectful community as reputation can be important and individual competition is less common. 

Anywyay, I hope what you've read is true.  There's plenty of easy, solo-friendly games out there and many more soon to be released.  We need a game like this; Final Fantasy XI is getting old. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by Corodyl

Once again, keep in mind, this game is in early Beta. All the content is not included. So, what happens if you want to continue your character? You find mobs to grind. If you look at what the dev's have said and the info on such sites as Aionsource.com, I think we will find that this is a game that is aimed more for the casual gamer. As one of the devs already said, the leveling is more akin to WoW but a little longer.

I'll withold any real opinion to final beta and even more appropriately, Launch.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LifethiefLifethief Member Posts: 8

Lets all try to remember a few key points.

1) No game is going to make everyone happy. 

2) Beta is for testing and balancing

3) As I've said before, a strong marketing strategy is key to a successful launch.  Nowadays, the average consumer isn't making purchase decisions without media/social influence.  Advertising is a huge, huge business and it works, if done right. 

4) Grindfest, hmm...we all know what a chore that can be.  But I ask, what is the alternative? Fury? Pre-made toons.  Kill a few mobs per level?  The important thing to remember is its on the devs of Aion and every other game to make that rise to power meaningful, fun and coherent to the game world.  Lets keep in mind the table top games...you start at level 1...work your way up...I find I level much faster in online games than I ever did on tabletops.  Where I think they should focus is making the player feel powerful in gained skills(via a new level).  I've a few ideas on how to make this easy and increase game enjoyment, but thats another thread.

5) We all need to look at the game and decide if this is what we want.  Personally, my best friend and I are both going to play, regardless of how popular it becomes or how much we need to grind.  I think we still have a good 6 months before we see it stateside, at least.  If ya don't like what you see, quit yer complaining, and start looking for another forum to haunt.  No matter how many threads are in a forum, one disappointed voice never changed anything.

6) Market the damn game, I know I already said it, but if I was running the company and as confident as they seem to be, I'd be selling it like there was no tomorrow.  Average consumers are stupid, just look at WoW.